• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

“Fordpass app isn’t responding” - how often does this happen?

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
I was able to set a departure time yesterday, today I would like to change it and some other settings. I am getting the message Fordpass app isn’t responding, try again later. I am on wifi at home, have gigabit internet and have restarted my phone. The message is still there. Is this normal?

Ford F-150 Lightning “Fordpass app isn’t responding” - how often does this happen? IMG_3447
Ford F-150 Lightning “Fordpass app isn’t responding” - how often does this happen? IMG_3446
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
It's been performing poorly this week, I and others have experienced various communications anomalies this week, being close to midnight, they might be in the process of in impromptu system restart (guessing).

Wait until morning, the problems might pass, report back how you make out.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
BTW, I just tested my Fordpass app, it's refreshing, responding to requested departure time input and view & charging profile adjustments.

Try using cellular connection instead of wifi.

OP
OP

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
It's been performing poorly this week, I and others have experienced various communications anomalies this week, being close to midnight, they might be in the process of in impromptu system restart (guessing).

Wait until morning, the problems might pass, report back how you make out.
It is working this morning. Thanks! When you schedule trips is the only way to change the “charge to” percent is to change the setting on the charging location or to hit the 100% button on the charging status? You can’t schedule it to charge to 100% just for that trip?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
It is working this morning. Thanks! When you schedule trips is the only way to change the “charge to” percent is to change the setting on the charging location or to hit the 100% button on the charging status? You can’t schedule it to charge to 100% just for that trip?
No, you cannot.

And how often does the app have issues? How often does the sun rise?

Reactions: dww

Sponsored

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
If other FordPass functions (like Lock/Unlock, Start etc) are working while out of Bluetooth range, then it is a FordPass/Server connectivity issue like Taxmanhog mentioned.

The truck will go into deep sleep mode if you don't drive it for a few days and the modem (among other modules) will shut down on the truck to protect the 12v battery. FordPass will not work when this happens and you need to get in the truck and start it to light everything back up again so the modem can connect to Ford. Anywhere from 2-7 days of no driving will cause this depending on the health of your 12v battery.

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
I have this happen often after an app update. Just delete and reinstall and it works fine again too.
Sponsored