• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

“This Trip” does not reset

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I have noticed recently “This Trip” does not reset when I have a stop. Not sure if it is a part of one of the new updates or I never really got how it thinks. Does the stop have to be longer than a certain number of minutes to reset? Does GPS has to see you return home to rest? Does anyone know how it works?
Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I haven't had a problem with mine since they patched it a few months ago. I haven't received any of the 6.X updates yet.

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I haven't had a problem with mine since they patched it a few months ago. I haven't received any of the 6.X updates yet.
What do you mean by patched it? One of the OTAs? Which one?

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don't think there was a specific update for it, it was around the time of the Chime volume update (that gave us SoC next to the battery meter). Someone else with a better memory might be able to point to something more concrete. I just remember getting an update and it magically started working reliably.

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don't think there was a specific update for it, it was around the time of the Chime volume update (that gave us SoC next to the battery meter). Someone else with a better memory might be able to point to something more concrete. I just remember getting an update and it magically started working reliably.
I never got the SOC on display update. If there was a fix, it probably was in there. Thanks to Ford’s limited and inaccurate update descriptions, we can only guess.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Does anyone know how to manually reset This Trip? So I don’t have to reset Trip 1 or Trip 2?

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Does anyone know how to manually reset This Trip? So I don’t have to reset Trip 1 or Trip 2?
You can't, some have hypothesized that holding the brake when turning the truck off got it to reset. It was not 100% for me prior to the SoC update, but I didn't pay very close attention either.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Turn off truck. Turn truck on, then start with foot on the brake and see if it reset.

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You can't, some have hypothesized that holding the brake when turning the truck off got it to reset. It was not 100% for me prior to the SoC update, but I didn't pay very close attention either.
That would have been sweet. In fact I preferred if it worked that way. I tried it on the parked car and it resets every time regardless of what I do. I will have to drive it around and try see if it makes a difference.

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turn off truck. Turn truck on, then start with foot on the brake and see if it reset.
with or without accessories mode First it did reset when it was parked (timer only with no mileage added). I will drive and try and will report back.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Now in short (0.2 mile) test drives, it resets every time. I am not sure what combination of events or conditions makes it not reset. Of course there is always a chance I am losing my mind. If I ever figure Out how to get into the mind of the machine, I will post here. Nothing random is ever random.

jthiesse13

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
update (that gave us SoC next to the battery meter).
I wish I could get this update, but even the Ford dealer can't help. I've had my Lightning since June and have gotten zero updates.

For the "this trip" issue, make sure you push the brake when you shut the truck down and it'll reset every time. I don't know why you have to do this but I had that problem and this is a solution.

MBM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT SR 312A
It was one of the recent updates that corrected that issue for me. I have 6.1.0 now and it resets each drive.

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It was one of the recent updates that corrected that issue for me. I have 6.1.0 now and it resets each drive.
I got 6.1.0 five days ago. This morning on a 10 mile round trip during two stop/shut off situations, it did not reset. Later in the afternoon during multiple short 0.2 mile segments, I could not replicate the problem. I am fairly sure in AM I did not hold the break turning it off but in PM I tested with and without break, it reset every time.
Sponsored