• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 11/14 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I'm only a teensy bit jealous.... A bunch of us have been waiting for 3 weeks for it to transition to shipped and neither the dealers nor Ford are any help on discovering why. I'll have to call again tomorrow and waste my time looking for another non-answer. As mentioned elsewhere, it is in Ford's best interest to ship as many as possible before year's end, I'm surprised they aren't more on top of it.
I'm desperately hoping (given my 12/11 blend date) that trucks are being held because Ford is orchestrating the logistics to get as many trucks delivered as possible before the end of the year. I have visions of a truck full of Lightnings, including mine, arriving on December 23 (big red bows, optional). A man can dream, can't he?
Sponsored

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
I'm desperately hoping (given my 12/11 blend date) that trucks are being held because Ford is orchestrating the logistics to get as many trucks delivered as possible before the end of the year. I have visions of a truck full of Lightnings, including mine, arriving on December 23 (big red bows, optional). A man can dream, can't he?
I'm more than willing to wait to ensure as many get them as possible! Willing to take a bath on the tax credit...not so much lol. It's the unknown of "why hasn't it left yet" that is eating me up.

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I'm more than willing to wait to ensure as many get them as possible! Willing to take a bath on the tax credit...not so much lol. It's the unknown of "why hasn't it left yet" that is eating me up.
I am sympathetic. I wish Ford would come out and say: yes, we know it may make a $7,500 difference to our customers if finished trucks are not delivered by 12/31, and we are doing everything we can to help. It is the fear that they are not paying attention to this that is positively maddening.

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT, 13 Raptor, 13 X5M, 03 Excursion
I woke up to a notice from Ford that my truck has shipped. I'm not sure why it didn't get caught up in the chip holds, but I'm stoked at the chance it'll get to the west coast by the end of the year.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 11/14 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 6.06.56 AM

jsnowball81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F250
Mine went into shipped status today too.

Sponsored

Yabra2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
How do you guys know if the truck on chip hold? My Lariat truck entered production 11/17 and still shows in production.

jsnowball81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F250
How do you guys know if the truck on chip hold? My Lariat truck entered production 11/17 and still shows in production.
Easiest way is to engage Ford Customer Service via chat. They can give you more detailed status compared to what the order tracker provides.

chopedogg

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I got the email this morning saying mine was shipped as well...however when I messaged my dealer, he sent me some screen shots from their internal system and it showed a more detailed status of chip hold.

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got the email this morning saying mine was shipped as well...however when I messaged my dealer, he sent me some screen shots from their internal system and it showed a more detailed status of chip hold.
That's interesting, I wonder what information is more accurate. It seems like Ford would be cautious to not send a shipment notice until the vehicle was at least ready to be shipped.

chopedogg

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Agreed - I thought it was odd that it would show as shipped if its still on a chip hold - called Ford CS and they verified that their tracking system says the same thing - uggh.

Sponsored

chopedogg

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
although...its not clear to me from the screen shots he sent me if the chip hold status is maybe older that the overall shipping status...it mentions the chip hold under a field called "ETA Disposition". Dealer is telling me the ETA of 12/9 - 12/15 is not accurate because of the chip hold.

Last edited:

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
although...its not clear to me from the screen shots he sent me if the chip hold status is maybe older that the overall shipping status...it mentions the chip hold under a field called "ETA Disposition". Dealer is telling me the ETA of 12/9 - 12/15 is not accurate because of the chip hold.
Any chance you could share the screen shot(remove any personal info). I'm thinking the chip hold is old information as well.

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
I have been told so many different things by ford chat that I gave up it will get here when it gets here. I have 3 train car#'s and 2 sets of arrival dates

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cayman T
Occupation
Attorney
Chat lady said my truck shows a 12/9 delivery date but has a chip hold on it
Sponsored