• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/14/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

sdingeldein

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Physician
My truck has been at the dealer for a week, but they can't release it do to a recall. Any idea what that recall might be. My truck was listed as built 9/1 and was delivered a week ago. (Also pissed I missed the 1.9% interest rate.)
Sponsored

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Lightningwaiter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning XLT
Occupation
Construction
My truck has been at the dealer for a week, but they can't release it do to a recall. Any idea what that recall might be. My truck was listed as built 9/1 and was delivered a week ago. (Also pissed I missed the 1.9% interest rate.)
I have been told as well by ford that the Heater recall is going to effect my release as well for my truck sitting built at the plant.

Lightningwaiter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning XLT
Occupation
Construction
Thanks. It is the heater issue. "Remedy not yet available". Jeez.
I went to talk to the dealer this afternoon, he has no idea on the remedy so when I would get the truck is totally unknown.. I am not sure what to do.
They are going to let me put a deposit on a XLT for late December or I can move to a lariat. In Canada there aren't any ford rebates and the lariat misses the electric rebate so going from a XLT to lariat is expensive in spread. I am running one vehicle so this in now putting me in a bit of a bind. What would you guys do?

Sponsored

sdingeldein

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Physician
I went to talk to the dealer this afternoon, he has no idea on the remedy so when I would get the truck is totally unknown.. I am not sure what to do.
They are going to let me put a deposit on a XLT for late December or I can move to a lariat. In Canada there aren't any ford rebates and the lariat misses the electric rebate so going from a XLT to lariat is expensive in spread. I am running one vehicle so this in now putting me in a bit of a bind. What would you guys do?
Lucky us. There are only 929 vehicles affected by this recall, built between July 27 and August 30th.

https://fordauthority.com/2023/10/2...es,windshield defrosting and defogging system.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Did you have an earlier build week truck with a defective heater??

Pardon my dumb question..... you have a 8/14 truck..... oyyyyy

I would keep my options open, the fix for this truck might come before the December truck arrives

Lightningwaiter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning XLT
Occupation
Construction
Did you have an earlier build week truck with a defective heater??

Pardon my dumb question..... you have a 8/14 truck..... oyyyyy

I would keep my options open, the fix for this truck might come before the December truck arrives
Yes it is a 8/14 build. I am going to remain open. The xlt is the truck I really want.

Lightningwaiter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning XLT
Occupation
Construction

Sponsored

CrazyAsianR6

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Toyota Supra | 2017 F350 Superduty 6.7L
Occupation
Social Worker / Military
Screenshot_20231101_101219_Edge.jpg

Switched to built.
Congrats. I see your build week was 8/14. I'm still waiting for any update on mine. Hopefully since I'm 8/21 it'll be done and shipped before I fly back to pick up the truck that I expect to be at the dealership when I arrive in 30 days.

Lightningwaiter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning XLT
Occupation
Construction
I decided today to buy an Azure Gray Lariat at the dealer (Super Excited :) ) there are part coming in for a tail light recall coming in next week so I should be able to pick it up. The dealer say he is leaving the truck I ordered the same until all is done just in case, but he is saying December for that and there is a heater issue to deal with. the others that they have coming inner at best late December......

Benson

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Durango, Ford Lightning
I got the same email today and a photo of our truck. Even though I received an email weeks ago saying it was en route… new estimated delivery date 10/30-11/5
Update! Truck was @ the dealer on 10/30 and we purchased today. Bonus that we were able to take advantage of the $7,500 cash incentive! Woohooo!