• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 4/24/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
Reading some of the Price Protection threads (nightmares) curious if y'all have had communication with your dealers on their plans for you? Are you expecting to pay the full new MSRP upfront and then wait for the rebate?
For me:worked different in Canada where there was no official price protection from Ford beleive it or not...but after a lot of phone calls and "strongly worded" emails, I achieved a written order form stating 2022 pricing, signed by the Sales lead and owner..it helped Ive been a customer there for years..So as far as I know I dont pay anything extra up front at all..feel pretty fortunate..so far 🤞
They should offer me $10k to walk away from it and still make $
(I won't)
Sponsored

JustADude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro (Avalanche)
Reading some of the Price Protection threads (nightmares) curious if y'all have had communication with your dealers on their plans for you? Are you expecting to pay the full new MSRP upfront and then wait for the rebate?
I called my dealership and they were able to confirm the discounting was showing for my truck. It sounds like it will all come off the top, but I've heard of some dealers wanting to send you a check after the fact - which doesn't seem to be the case for me.

JustADude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just called the dealership again to get some more info for my credit union and they confirmed my truck was completed and had been scheduled for delivery on 5/24! Obviously subject to change, but having an actual date is pretty damn exciting!

(4/28 Blend Date)

I messaged the ambassador line earlier and got no response, haha.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Just called the dealership again to get some more info for my credit union and they confirmed my truck was completed and had been scheduled for delivery on 5/24! Obviously subject to change, but having an actual date is pretty damn exciting!

(4/28 Blend Date)

I messaged the ambassador line earlier and got no response, haha.
I hope it works out, but until it ships these dates are approximations, getting to the rail yard at East Brookfield is one thing, while the convoy ride from there to your dealership is another variable.

JustADude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I hope it works out, but until it ships these dates are approximations, getting to the rail yard at East Brookfield is one thing, while the convoy ride from there to your dealership is another variable.
I have been expecting mid June at the soonest so this would be a welcome surprise. Definitely taking it with a grain of salt at this point though. Not going to get my hopes up but fingers crossed!

Sponsored

JustADude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The Ford Ambassador messaged me today, they said 5/24-5/30 ETA, and asked me if I was familiar with public charging and informing me about the free charging that I'm entitled to. Gave me a few generic pointers, but I did get 'human responses' to a couple replies I sent them. Seems like a decent enough service, especially for someone who isn't lurking on the forums/getting started with EV's.

benderofbows

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro; 2009 F-150 (SOLD); 2022 Bronco
Put me in the "nightmare" category. Thirty more minutes on the phone with Ford Marketing, who did finally admit that the M in MSRP means Manufacturer (Ford), and that Ford (not the dealer) has increased the price a bunch of times since my order, and that it is Ford who should provide some answers. So far it seems to have been another wasted phone call. (They literally said they can't "see anything on their end" and referred back to the dealer again). I've asked to speak to the dealer rep - anyone have contact info for Larry Morrison at Ford?

sando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
my status is still "built" but now I'm seeing estimated delivery of 5/9 - 5/15. I wonder if I will get it this weekend? My dealer is less than a 5 hour drive from the factory.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
my status is still "built" but now I'm seeing estimated delivery of 5/9 - 5/15. I wonder if I will get it this weekend? My dealer is less than a 5 hour drive from the factory.
It will land at your dealer and be marked arriving before they log the shipping event, this happens a LOT with convoy direct close to the Rouge

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
Mine still stuck in "In Production" status. Blend date 4/30, tear tag populated about a week ago. Yesterday I received an invitation to join the Ford Ambassador program. Hopefully an update soon.

Sponsored

kstevens

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning PRO, 2015 Nissan Leaf S
@lakeguy55 my blend date was 4/26, just got a built notification this morning, followed by a shipped notification ten minutes later, so hang in there!

Estimated delivery 5/29 - 6/10, shipping by convoy to Vermont.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Estimated delivery 5/29 - 6/10, shipping by convoy to Vermont.
Train ride to Selkirk NY, then off loaded to holding yard and CONVOY to VT

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 4/24/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1683812210126

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
@TaxmanHog ok cool, thank you. Interesting to know, and that makes a bit more sense, the window sticker said convoy...
Yes, we've notice the aberration from other Ford product lines which distinguish more accurately product leaving the factory on rail vs convoy, in the case of LIGHTNING every sticker shows CONVOY

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
Got this from Ford last night. Anyone know what the supply chain issues are thie time?

We understand it has been too long since you last heard from us. Just wanted to give you an update on the status of your F-150 Lightning LARIAT order. While production of your vehicle was projected to begin the week of April 24, 2023, supply chain challenges continue to cause delays and uncertainty.​
This is frustrating, we get it. We want nothing more than to get your Ford up on the line and start assembling it. And we will continue to work hard to reduce the delays to try to get you on the road in your new vehicle soon.​
We’ll be sure to keep you updated as we get more information, at least once every 45 days. Hang in there. We really do appreciate your patience and understanding.​
Sponsored