• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 4/24/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

ullearn

First Name
Ullearn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Viper / Tesla
Honestly not sure. I'm trying not to stress too much, it is just a truck after all. However, I haven't even installed a home charger yet (much less tried to track shipping) because of not knowing what the vehicle itself is going to cost. The MSRP has gone up so much that if they can't work out the pricing, and it's really 20% more than expected, I'm probably going to have to walk. And that doesn't require a home charger LOL
Either way my advice is do not buy a home charger; at best simply put a NEMA 14-50 plug in your garage and get a charger off Amazon for half the price of the mobile charger with more options to fluctuate the amperage / plugs - https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/automotive/7427415011

Same story here though my blend was 4/27, status hasn't updated since 5/2; delivery from Ambassador is supposedly 5/20-5/26 - stuck "In Production". I later regretted adding the Ford Mobile EVSE to my order and couldn't remove after placed; would rather have used that $500 elsewhere.
Sponsored

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
Either way my advice is do not buy a home charger; at best simply put a NEMA 14-50 plug in your garage and get a charger off Amazon for half the price of the mobile charger with more options to fluctuate the amperage / plugs - https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/automotive/7427415011

Same story here though my blend was 4/27, status hasn't updated since 5/2; delivery from Ambassador is supposedly 5/20-5/26 - stuck "In Production". I later regretted adding the Ford Mobile EVSE to my order and couldn't remove after placed; would rather have used that $500 elsewhere.
In a strange twist, Ford shipped me my FCSP last summer when we ordered..had it installed over the weekend

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 4/24/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 20230513_152303

sando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
My estimated delivery date got moved back for a 5th time.

But now also the public tracker says I'm back to "order confirmed" stage. Not sure what that means...

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
My estimated delivery date got moved back for a 5th time.

But now also the public tracker says I'm back to "order confirmed" stage. Not sure what that means...
I bet the tracker is being updated to shipped🤞

STXLariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Tundra
Ford app still shows in production. Dealer is seeing 5/28 arrival, ford ambassador sent 5/20-5/26, with truck waiting to load for shipment.

Sponsored

JustADude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro (Avalanche)
My order FINALLY updated to 'Built' status this morning. No changes on the 'last update' date, and the chat agent told me 5/30 was the ETA to dealer when I reached out last week bc it changed. I'll probably try them again to see if they have any new information based on the status change.

On another note, my electrician is here installing my Emporia charger as we speak so I should be ready to go once I take delivery!!

EDIT - Ford chat said it's awaiting shipment in Flat Rock and new ETA is 6/20. Hopefully I can get it by July but we'll see.

Last edited:

DamSea

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
At least someone is seeing movement. I keep being told that my order is pending a delivery update for the past week now. It has gone from 10-16 May to Nada, no ETA at all

sando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
just got an email saying that i'm all set to complete my purchase, and tracker is showing the "final preparation" stage, so I guess that means that it is at the dealer.

I tried to complete my purchase online through Ford's website, but no matter what amount I put for my down payment with Ford financing, I get an error saying " Your finance amount is below the minimum required " and then it changes my payment method to full cash. Looks like I will have to deal with the finance guy at the dealership... I was hoping for a smooth online purchase process :(

DamSea

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Just had a pretty helpful call with Ford Marketing. From speaking with them, there seems to be a specific department for Lightning inquiries. Don't say you are calling about an F-150 Lightning to the automated system, say you are calling about a Lightning. This rep seemed to have more specific answers about my order. He told me my truck was built on 3 May (the Ford tracking site just says it entered production on the 2nd. When I called Marketing previously, all they could say was that in was in production on 2 May) and that it was in the staging area waiting transport, which could be a couple of weeks til it reaches the dealer or could be next week. I appreciated talking to someone who seemed confident in what they were talking about and not just repeating a script.

Last edited:

Sponsored

sando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Talked to my dealer today. The truck arrived in their lot around noon but my salesman said that he isn't allowed to let me have it until they charge it to 100%, so I cant pick up until tomorrow :cautious:

Oddly enough, I added the truck to my Ford pass app a few days ago and someone clicked the authorize button in the truck to connect it to my account so I can see the battery charge. If the app is accurate, it's sitting at 81% and not plugged in.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Talked to my dealer today. The truck arrived in their lot around noon but my salesman said that he isn't allowed to let me have it until they charge it to 100%, so I cant pick up until tomorrow :cautious:

Oddly enough, I added the truck to my Ford pass app a few days ago and someone clicked the authorize button in the truck to connect it to my account so I can see the battery charge. If the app is accurate, it's sitting at 81% and not plugged in.
BS, though FoMoCO does encourage delivery at 100%, they can release it below that value, I got mine with it in the mid 80's

JustADude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro (Avalanche)
Saw my order had update and I can't leave well enough alone, so I shot a quick chat message over on Ford.com and they confirmed my truck was shipped and gave me the railcar number and transportation provider (CSX Transport). Not sure if I can do anything with that info, but I'll probably just continue to drop a quick chat for updates if/when I see the date move again.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Saw my order had update and I can't leave well enough alone, so I shot a quick chat message over on Ford.com and they confirmed my truck was shipped and gave me the railcar number and transportation provider (CSX Transport). Not sure if I can do anything with that info, but I'll probably just continue to drop a quick chat for updates if/when I see the date move again.
Railway/Tracking info:
CSX

1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say CN (or whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt.
4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 (or whatever your number is)
5. When prompted for next car say DONE
6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

From this thread
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...ing-info-resources-for-f-150-lightning.13524/