• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
I wish we had better insight as to the post production activities including scheduling and shipping. Looks like we have just over 2/3 of our build week shipped.

I am assuming on mine that it is waiting on the next railcar to be loaded that will be heading to Oklahoma City. But it would be nice to know how the plan/schedule is laid out. In the meanwhile my XLT is asleep in Lot G waiting to be moved to the railcar loading lot.
Sponsored

LightningJoe

First Name
Giuseppe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning XLT | 2018 Tesla Model 3
I wish we had better insight as to the post production activities including scheduling and shipping. Looks like we have just over 2/3 of our build week shipped.

I am assuming on mine that it is waiting on the next railcar to be loaded that will be heading to Oklahoma City. But it would be nice to know how the plan/schedule is laid out. In the meanwhile my XLT is asleep in Lot G waiting to be moved to the railcar loading lot.
How do you guys see where your truck is sitting?

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How do you guys see where your truck is sitting?
I got lucky on July 8th and the person who was moving it from one parking lot to another activated my Ford Pass request. I watched them drive it 18 miles (Odometer went from 24 miles to 42 miles).

It is parked it in this lot. I have heard Lot G described as an overflow lot for the rail car loading ramp.
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group 1658096617556

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group 1658097101530

Last edited:

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I just got to thinking about how these Lightnings are loaded onto rail cars, as many of ours will be, but then it hit me: while it's easy to think that they just load 8, or 16, or 24 of these trucks one-after-the-other onto these rail cars, all of these trucks are not going to the same dealer, or the same state, or maybe even the same REGION... so, there has to be a method to the madness that we are not privy to.
I would think that with Ford having several 'holding lots' for the Lightnings, if not many different lots, that this logistical play is not an easy guess for us to reason about 'which' rail car they get loaded onto, in which order, etc. This is not even considering that Ford is also loading any other ICE vehicle models going to the same dealers, with likely many more of them than of the Lightnings, of course.

For instance, if 12 Lightnings get built, in a row, and land onto the same holding lot, I would doubt that they all get onto the same rail car, since they certainly and likely aren't even going to the same area of the country. So, someone has to 'pick and choose' which Lightnings get onto a rail car, and there has to be some reasoning that the rail car, when full, will be going to the same next rail YARD, to then eventually get hooked up to a train, going in the general direction that they are all going, even if later they stop at another rail yard to decouple and get attached to another train going to a more DIRECT route to their eventual and final rail yard, such as Atlanta.

I can't imagine that any of this is easy, simply, or quick, even though Ford has certainly been doing this for decades, if not over a 1/2 century, or even a FULL century... plus, once the Lightning has officially left one of Ford's holding lots, if they are even owned by Ford, they are then in the hands of the logistics of the Rail and Transport companies - I would doubt that Ford actually has ANYTHING to do with it from that point.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just got to thinking about how these Lightnings are loaded onto rail cars, as many of ours will be, but then it hit me: while it's easy to think that they just load 8, or 16, or 24 of these trucks one-after-the-other onto these rail cars, all of these trucks are not going to the same dealer, or the same state, or maybe even the same REGION... so, there has to be a method to the madness that we are not privy to.
I would think that with Ford having several 'holding lots' for the Lightnings, if not many different lots, that this logistical play is not an easy guess for us to reason about 'which' rail car they get loaded onto, in which order, etc. This is not even considering that Ford is also loading any other ICE vehicle models going to the same dealers, with likely many more of them than of the Lightnings, of course.

For instance, if 12 Lightnings get built, in a row, and land onto the same holding lot, I would doubt that they all get onto the same rail car, since they certainly and likely aren't even going to the same area of the country. So, someone has to 'pick and choose' which Lightnings get onto a rail car, and there has to be some reasoning that the rail car, when full, will be going to the same next rail YARD, to then eventually get hooked up to a train, going in the general direction that they are all going, even if later they stop at another rail yard to decouple and get attached to another train going to a more DIRECT route to their eventual and final rail yard, such as Atlanta.

I can't imagine that any of this is easy, simply, or quick, even though Ford has certainly been doing this for decades, if not over a 1/2 century, or even a FULL century... plus, once the Lightning has officially left one of Ford's holding lots, if they are even owned by Ford, they are then in the hands of the logistics of the Rail and Transport companies - I would doubt that Ford actually has ANYTHING to do with it from that point.
I believe once they are loaded onto a car they stay on that same railcar all the way to their rail destination.
I would think for mine I’m waiting on 7 other Lightning’s or maybe Dearborn F150’s to be heading to Oklahoma City (my rail destination). And then as you note the rail planning to get that car from Dearborn to OKC

Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
My Lightning arrived at the railyard in Miami on Friday and is now sitting in a parking lot next to the siding. According to my FordPass app, it is sitting about 50 miles from my dealer, but will probably be loaded on a truck for final delivery to Delray Beach.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group IMG_1520

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group IMG_1519

vbaker4444

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD
My estimated delivery just moved again to 7/25 - 7/31.....was 7/12 to 7/18
Check with your dealer if they have any other vehicles scheduled to come in between now and the 31st. I bet they are combining your truck with another shipment of vehicles there. This is what happened with mine after being bumped.

illusion86

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Mine arrived at the final train destination on 7/15, just waiting for it to arrive at the dealership at this point. Hoping for it to be the next couple of days.

Has anyone gotten the ford picture of their truck?

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Okay update...the order tracker here has changed to "In-transit". Ford vehicle tracker says "Shipped: now.
4 hour drive from the factory, might see it Tuesday or Wednesday

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru wrx sti, Subaru wrx, Daihatsu Miro, Ranger
Mine arrived at the final train destination on 7/15, just waiting for it to arrive at the dealership at this point. Hoping for it to be the next couple of days.

Has anyone gotten the ford picture of their truck?
No picture for me. I shipped 7/9 and have delivery window of 7/25-7/31.

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru wrx sti, Subaru wrx, Daihatsu Miro, Ranger
So much progress! Made it from Spokane, WA to Portland, OR in one day! Truck has officially made it to the rail yard. Now let’s hope for quick auto transport to the dealer.
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group 1CECA96E-09A3-47BA-9622-3585D5301722

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
So much progress! Made it from Spokane, WA to Portland, OR in one day! Truck has officially made it to the rail yard. Now let’s hope for quick auto transport to the dealer.
1CECA96E-09A3-47BA-9622-3585D5301722.png
YES!!! I figured our train would make it to Vancouver, WA by about 2230 hrs, but into the Terminal 6 complex by mid-night…..outstanding😱. Now, I doubt they’ll unload it overnight, but I hope to see a switch from “Inactive” to “Pending” from United Logistics sometime tomorrow. My dealer has 21 other vehicles waiting in their queue for transport south down into the valley…..I’m hoping to get into that covey quickly 😁

vbaker4444

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD
Okay update...the order tracker here has changed to "In-transit". Ford vehicle tracker says "Shipped: now.
It should definitely be there today! Hopefully yours will be ready to go for purchase soon. Just took delivery of my pro yesterday and it’s so awesome. Enjoy it!
Sponsored