• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
On the topic of the Trucks UI... I know I'm not the only one that the truck continuously screws up the "this trip" details. That irritates me.
That part is quite annoying. Maybe I’m just a simpleton. I don’t notice a huge difference on the app of my Ford, Rivian, and Tesla. Maybe I just don’t use it much

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
That part is quite annoying. Maybe I’m just a simpleton. I don’t notice a huge difference on the app of my Ford, Rivian, and Tesla. Maybe I just don’t use it much
I can't compare Ford Pass to other apps because I have never used them. I just think the app is very mediocre and has plenty of room for improvement.

mastapsi356

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150b Lightning
I'm around 3300 miles. Still loving it, but I still need to try taking over the pass on the winter. My GOM is giving the rather pessimistic 140 miles range @ 80% when it's below freezing and it's 82 miles from here to the nearest EA on the other side with 3500 ft of elevation up and down

krusshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 VW ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2016 Ram 1500
I can't compare Ford Pass to other apps because I have never used them. I just think the app is very mediocre and has plenty of room for improvement.
The Ford app is well above average. Tesla is the gold standard for mobile app functionality. This is based on owning VW ID.4, Polestar 2, Tesla Model 3, Ford Lightning, and then relayed experience from my brother with his Hyundai Ioniq 5.

All apps including Tesla have room for improvement.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
The Ford app is well above average. Tesla is the gold standard for mobile app functionality. This is based on owning VW ID.4, Polestar 2, Tesla Model 3, Ford Lightning, and then relayed experience from my brother with his Hyundai Ioniq 5.

All apps including Tesla have room for improvement.
If you haven't seen the latest updates from Tesla - they just upped the notch. You can see the Navigation and destination, as well as what music is playing and control that from the app.

You note Tesla has room for improvement, I won't ever ague maybe there isn't room, but you realize the two apps aren't even in the same league today. Tesla still opens and has up to date car info, location, charge status (along with ability to control charging amps) and location all within seconds - just a few of them. There is no place to even start on the Ford app. It has a fraction of the functionality and you'll be lucky to get it to respond and have any real time information from the truck.

Last edited:

krusshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 VW ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2016 Ram 1500
If you haven't seen the latest updates from Tesla - they just upped the notch. You can see the Navigation and destination, as well as what music is playing and control that from the app.

You note Tesla has room for improvement, I won't ever ague maybe there isn't room, but you realize the two apps aren't even in the same league today. Tesla still opens and has up to date car info, location, charge status (along with ability to control charging amps) and location all within seconds - just a few of them. There is no place to even start on the Ford app, but it has a fraction of the functionality and you'll be lucky to get it to respond and have any real time information from the truck.
The Ford app is still above average and the Tesla is still the gold standard.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass

You note Tesla has room for improvement, I won't ever ague maybe there isn't room, but you realize the two apps aren't even in the same league today. Tesla still opens and has up to date car info, location, charge status (along with ability to control charging amps) and location all within seconds - just a few of them. There is no place to even start on the Ford app. It has a fraction of the functionality and you'll be lucky to get it to respond and have any real time information from the truck.
Do you actually use it though?

I never use the app to control my music, on the Tesla I end up hitting the button and asking the car to play XYZ.

Then I get pissed off when it enters my speech into navigation instead of playing it. I get even more irritated when the wife tries to clear it out and ends the navigation. Then I hit the button to say “navigate to” to re-enter my destination. Then I hit the button to say “Play” XYZ…only for it play something else, and since I asked it to play it, it automatically favorites it. So then I need to poke at the screen and select the song I want. Only to remember I now need to lookup the sign it played so I can remove the favorite or it’ll start playing music like that. Once done then I go back to playing my song before I look up and rear end a stopped construction vehicle.

On the Ford I guess I just end up with CarPlay. So then all I have to do is say

“Hey Siri, open Waze”
“Ok google, navigate to…”
“Hey Siri, open Amazon Music”
“Alexa, play music”
“Hey Siri, open Spotify”
“Spotify, play Joe Rogan”
“Hey Siri, open Waze”

15 minutes later..see, easy peasy….

In all seriousness, we only use the Tesla app to precondition the car, or to initiate a software update. Otherwise I could use it to stalk my wife, but I just use Find My IPhone app for that.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Do you actually use it though?

I never use the app to control my music, on the Tesla I end up hitting the button and asking the car to play XYZ.

Then I get pissed off when it enters my speech into navigation instead of playing it. I get even more irritated when the wife tries to clear it out and ends the navigation. Then I hit the button to say “navigate to” to re-enter my destination. Then I hit the button to say “Play” XYZ…only for it play something else, and since I asked it to play it, it automatically favorites it. So then I need to poke at the screen and select the song I want. Only to remember I now need to lookup the sign it played so I can remove the favorite or it’ll start playing music like that. Once done then I go back to playing my song before I look up and rear end a stopped construction vehicle.

On the Ford I guess I just end up with CarPlay. So then all I have to do is say

“Hey Siri, open Waze”
“Ok google, navigate to…”
“Hey Siri, open Amazon Music”
“Alexa, play music”
“Hey Siri, open Spotify”
“Spotify, play Joe Rogan”
“Hey Siri, open Waze”

15 minutes later..see, easy peasy….

In all seriousness, we only use the Tesla app to precondition the car, or to initiate a software update. Otherwise I could use it to stalk my wife, but I just use Find My IPhone app for that.
The Ford doesn't have a freaking clue how to interpret commands. I give up on Navigation - if it is "ready" a few times I get the response that the navigation isn't ready, try again. Literally probably 90% of the time after that it can not interpret the address I'm looking for.

There may be fluff in the Tesla app - call it what you want if you don't use it, I'm OK with it, but when I asked the Tesla for something, address, music, etc - it did it almost every time flawlessly. When the Ford app will connect quickly and the navigation and truck will respond to my requests I'll quit complaining.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
The Ford doesn't have a freaking clue how to interpret commands. I give up on Navigation - if it is "ready" a few times I get the response that the navigation isn't ready, try again. Literally probably 90% of the time after that it can not interpret the address I'm looking for.

There may be fluff in the Tesla app - call it what you want if you don't use it, I'm OK with it, but when I asked the Tesla for something, address, music, etc - it did it almost every time flawlessly. When the Ford app will connect quickly and the navigation and truck will respond to my requests I'll quit complaining.
The saving grace is the Tesla nav is actually pretty good. On the Ford…I have actually never used the native navigation. It’s all Waze for me so I don’t use many built in voice commands. Which I wish I had on the Rivian as well.

You want a stupid navigation system? That’s hands down the worst I’ve seen. Waze: 3.5 hours, built in nav on the Rivian: 5.5 hours on a recent trip I did

Sponsored

bobrosco

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
I think you’d always be a 7/11er, honorary 6/6er.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
I’ll be making a decision shortly, but I may be going from two trucks to one. Thanks to Ford’s price increases, my Pro is getting harder and harder to keep as I have hard offers for it between $60-$65k while Lariat ERs are selling for $85-90k.

The $20k difference makes it a much easier jump to get ER/Bluecruise than the original $40k jump.
Sponsored