• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
What's the charging speed? If it's one of those slow 6kwh I'd go at least an hour to be on the safe side.
I’m getting 5kW according to FordPass.
When someone physically threatens you, or it’s above 3 miles of range remaining.
I must’ve really drained it. When I pulled into the lot it said 2 miles remaining 1%. According to FordPass it’s added 3kW already which should be 2.3% of the 131 but still shows 0% and 0 miles.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
How close is the nearest DCFC?
About 30-40 miles away. The plan was the L2 it for the night before I hit the road again. I can leave it for a good 8 hours which should be 40kW/80 miles or so of range.

I’ve apparently gotten TOO comfortable with the truck

bobrosco

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
About 30-40 miles away. The plan was the L2 it for the night before I hit the road again. I can leave it for a good 8 hours which should be 40kW/80 miles or so of range.

I’ve apparently gotten TOO comfortable with the truck
You could always 55mph it on the way if you had to squeeze all the range out of it. Depending on the road, you might lots of friendly "waving".

Sponsored

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I’m getting 5kW according to FordPass.

I must’ve really drained it. When I pulled into the lot it said 2 miles remaining 1%. According to FordPass it’s added 3kW already which should be 2.3% of the 131 but still shows 0% and 0 miles.
Id leave it be for a few hours at minimum. It's not busy, no sense in risking it.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
Id leave it be for a few hours at minimum. It's not busy, no sense in risking it.
Sleep is the concern but looks like things are moving.

In case anyone is wondering, it takes 3.7kW before it hits 1% and 1mi so there’s def a reserve but it doesn’t hide it..

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
Does it make you think?
1701660964699.jpeg
Don’t be silly. If you’re going to that extent, you might as well be able to charge while moving.

The obvious solution is to tow an ER Pro Lightning, which has a generator in the bed. I can charge it while it’s in tow and when range runs out swap.

Foolproof.

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
Don't AAA trucks carry portable EV chargers these days? I thought they did.

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
Don't AAA trucks carry portable EV chargers these days? I thought they did.
AAA finally called me at 5am….

Who needs AAA roadside when you be an be rescued by the girls in AA?

(On a serious note they weren’t blasted, bunch of nice girls who saved my butt)

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
Anyone wonder what it’s like to hit a deer in the truck?

Yea? I thought you would. So I decided to do some testing, soley to satisfy your curiosity.

45-55mph, rural road 35F and dry.

Saw the deer run out, and with the Lightning cheetah reflexes of a middle aged man I hit the brakes and locked them up (note, didn’t feel a lot of pulsing from the ABS like I have in other cars) unfortunately it was not enough. I hit this fairly large deer at a decent clip and punted it.

It did a rolling bounce 60-70ft away from the truck and into the brush where I heard it wriggle for maybe 15-30seconds before silence. I wasn’t able to find it but I also didn’t hear running or additional rustling, so I can only assume.

I then turned to the truck to try to inspect for damage but it was far too dark. My phone wasn’t helping. I went back into the truck and rocked her, listening for scrapes and rubs. Nothing. I limped her home, and took some pictures.

..so what does the truck look like after such a contact? Here you go..

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group IMG_4800

Confused? Me too…

Did I run it OVER? No..I punted it.
Am I SURE I hit it? Pretty sure…
Seriously..you DID hit it right? Yes, yes I did.

Aha! Found proof:
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group IMG_4799

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group IMG_4803

Found hair around my bumper sensors and the front camera. Proof I hit it.

The frunk works. I don’t see any dents or cracks (yet) but will inspect further in the morning.

I guess…built Ford tough?

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Anyone wonder what it’s like to hit a deer in the truck?

Yea? I thought you would. So I decided to do some testing, soley to satisfy your curiosity.

45-55mph, rural road 35F and dry.

Saw the deer run out, and with the Lightning cheetah reflexes of a middle aged man I hit the brakes and locked them up (note, didn’t feel a lot of pulsing from the ABS like I have in other cars) unfortunately it was not enough. I hit this fairly large deer at a decent clip and punted it.

It did a rolling bounce 60-70ft away from the truck and into the brush where I heard it wriggle for maybe 15-30seconds before silence. I wasn’t able to find it but I also didn’t hear running or additional rustling, so I can only assume.

I then turned to the truck to try to inspect for damage but it was far too dark. My phone wasn’t helping. I went back into the truck and rocked her, listening for scrapes and rubs. Nothing. I limped her home, and took some pictures.

..so what does the truck look like after such a contact? Here you go..

IMG_4800.jpeg

Confused? Me too…

Did I run it OVER? No..I punted it.
Am I SURE I hit it? Pretty sure…
Seriously..you DID hit it right? Yes, yes I did.

Aha! Found proof:
IMG_4799.jpeg

IMG_4803.jpeg

Found hair around my bumper sensors and the front camera. Proof I hit it.

The frunk works. I don’t see any dents or cracks (yet) but will inspect further in the morning.

I guess…built Ford tough?
Hit him with the bumper rather than the frunk grill thankfully! Probably just the camera angle, but the light bar on the left side seems slightly off?

Just get the coeds from your last incident to buff it out for you… :p

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
Hit him with the bumper rather than the frunk grill thankfully! Probably just the camera angle, but the light bar on the left side seems slightly off?

Just get the coeds from your last incident to buff it out for you… :p
There’s nothing to buff!

I think I got the frunk grill too since there’s hair around the Ford Logo and front camera.

I can’t make sense of it, not the first time I’ve hit a deer. This is usually $3-6,000 worth of damage given how hard I hit it.

Comparatively, here’s what an R1T looks like after hitting a deer at similar speeds (obviously not scientific..)

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group 511340_10229042694925411_5226660566846713903_n-

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group 937a8560-1392-4d56-8448-baf9c0065854-jpe

Last edited:

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
There’s nothing to buff!

I think I got the frunk grill too since there’s hair around the Ford Logo and front camera.

I can’t make sense of it, not the first time I’ve hit a deer. This is usually $3-6,000 worth of damage given how hard I hit it
Benefits of being up high. Bumper takes the bulk of the hit. Last one I hit was in my ‘84 MB 300 TD wagon. Totaled it out, bought it back fixed it up, and it for another 80k. It had 385k miles when I sold it. That was the last vehicle I loved prior to my lightning.
Sponsored