• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Congratulations on your achievement!

OP
OP

Helium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Congratulations! Curious - do you have the ability to get the HVB State of Health (SoH) from the OBD port?
Just ran it through the Ford Service department and with the update code and patches and patches for the patches (their words not mine) which wiped out my charge location setting that then allowed the battery to charge to 100% and sit overnight (grrrrr...) until I woke up this morning.... the HVB SOH is 97.5%.

Sponsored

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
And what overall grade do you give the vehicle for the 1st 100,000 miles - and how many months of driving is that?

I'm a local area '23 Lariat ER driver at 7,000 miles / 50 days of service - after 16 months of driving - A for ride-quiet-power-speed-handling - and a fat F for service-dealership-FMC honesty. :cool:

OP
OP

Helium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
And what overall grade do you give the vehicle for the 1st 100,000 miles - and how many months of driving is that?
As close to perfect as one can expect at this time.
  • I like very quiet vehicles that have effortless power.
  • I have probably saved $25,000 is gas, I've even been able to get a nice chunk of power for free.
  • Extremely low maintenance in the past and expect the same for the next 100,000 miles.
  • Blue Cruise is as annoying as it is useful
  • Cabin heat leaves something to be desired, feet get cold
  • Paint is holding up
  • Tires are a sore point with me, seem to pick up a lot of nails (The Electric Viking had an opinion on this derived from the crappy tire life of Tesla tires. My current set of tires still have plenty of tread on them after more than 50,000 miles)
  • Costco Tire Service recommended I get a normal truck tire with a 60,000 mile warranty and trade them out every 30,000 miles while making use of the warranty.
Across a bit less than 23 months.

I'm a local area '23 Lariat ER driver at 7,000 miles / 50 days of service - after 16 months of driving - A for ride-quiet-power-speed-handling - and a fat F for service-dealership-FMC honesty. :cool:
My local dealership is very open about everything. I had some initial challenges with an early battery module recall and ended up getting a 30,000 mile extended warranty as an apology. Overall my experience has been pretty good with points of annoyance. I did end up cancelling two CyberTruck reservations, so that should tell you something. Now my life would be perfect if Aptera would just start producing their 1000 miles car.

OP
OP

Helium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
WOW, congrats on being the first person to go out of warranty on the battery. That's an incredible amount of miles. Why so much driving?
Combination of where I live (38 miles from everything in random directions), my family living 186 miles, 125 miles, 450 miles, etc. and that I like to drive, electricity is dirt cheap, I let my nephew talk me into driving across the country to help him out on occasion, a work trip thrown in here and there. callouses on my butt....you know all the normal reasons.

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
Combination of where I live (38 miles from everything in random directions), my family living 186 miles, 125 miles, 450 miles, etc. and that I like to drive, electricity is dirt cheap, I let my nephew talk me into driving across the country to help him out on occasion, a work trip thrown in here and there. callouses on my butt....you know all the normal reasons.
I'm near two dams on the Columbia River so 3.5 cents/kwh anytime charging - how much is it in Missouri - $7/month here for local excursions - 5k sf home-4 car garage heat/cool $50/month.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Helium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
I'm near two dams on the Columbia River so 3.5 cents/kwh anytime charging - how much is it in Missouri - $7/month here for local excursions - 5k sf home-4 car garage heat/cool $50/month.
We don't have it that cheap, ours just went up last month to $0.08078KWH. Electric is the only way to go where you are at. Here I thought I had it cheap.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
That is awesome!! đź‘Ť

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor

CypherBlue

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
This is amazing OP! Quick question, how much DCFC did you do? Any long trips? Mostly charging at home? Did you plug it in every time you got home?

OP
OP

Helium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
This is amazing OP! Quick question, how much DCFC did you do? Any long trips? Mostly charging at home? Did you plug it in every time you got home?
90% home charging using the Ford Charger derated to 15.9kwh. 2 round trips of > 3200 miles. Several 800-1000 mile trips and dozens of 200-400 mile trips. I'm not even going to attempt to count up the 76-125 mile trips because everything is 38 miles away. EVERY TIME I pull into the driveway I plug in. Only failed to do so twice in two years (it was surprisingly shocking when I discovered I hadn't plugged in) . For the vast majority of the two years the charge level feature was set to 90%. Charges to 100% were very rare. I recently tried only charging to 70% and 80% but ended up coming home below 20% and 10% way to often.
Sponsored