• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

sdingeldein

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Physician
not operational but near me, so I went to look. From the photos you can see how they have designed these new stations. Chargers are grouped 2x2 with cars to charge on opposite sides of the pair. There are at least two slots a lightning could pull into to charge without blocking other bays. There is also a handicap charging location separated a bit from the main stalls.

Ford F-150 Lightning Photos from new Tesla Supercharging station w/ new charger placement (for trucks) IMG_3578
Ford F-150 Lightning Photos from new Tesla Supercharging station w/ new charger placement (for trucks) IMG_3579

Ford F-150 Lightning Photos from new Tesla Supercharging station w/ new charger placement (for trucks) IMG_3580
Sponsored

Solar_EE

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT Ioniq 6 AWD
Occupation
electrical engineer
And the bay built for cars like the F150

IMG_3583.jpeg
Thanks for sharing these photos. If my adapter ever arrives it's nice to see that I can reach the charge port at least at this newer type station.

Sponsored

EVmeritus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla X, 2022 F150 Lightning
Occupation
EV Activist
Thanks to Liv and Patrick of MachEVLOG some Ford owners were able to checkout a local V3 Supercharger. Tesla had made some mods to the stalls which made plugging-in much easier.
  • Repainted the lines of the stalls so that they now lined up with the centerline of the charger (effectively shifting the charger closer to the vehicle)
  • Moved the Tesla parking signs back about a foot so we could pull in closer and between two chargers
Also realized that the non-Teslas with similarly placed charge ports can park next to each other and minimize the extra parking space issue (n+1)
Ford F-150 Lightning Photos from new Tesla Supercharging station w/ new charger placement (for trucks) tempImagegR2JWE
Ford F-150 Lightning Photos from new Tesla Supercharging station w/ new charger placement (for trucks) tempImageasPmb5
Ford F-150 Lightning Photos from new Tesla Supercharging station w/ new charger placement (for trucks) tempImageBa6J7w

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance, Lightning Lariat Extended
Forgive me, but this looks even more chaotic. Some of them say "use other side"...so how would this work better for the Lightning? In your photos it seems like the chargers that would reach the Lightning charge port are the ones for use on the *other* side.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Forgive me, but this looks even more chaotic. Some of them say "use other side"...so how would this work better for the Lightning? In your photos it seems like the chargers that would reach the Lightning charge port are the ones for use on the *other* side.
My thoughts exactly. If a Tesla is using one side, the other side will have the same problem we are having now.

The signs are basically telling Fords, No Juice For You. The only thing this does is to make space needed, less long and more wide.

There is no charger on this site a Lightning could use without messing someone up. Even using the standalone on the side, would block the traveling lane. This is designed exclusively for Tesla oriented charge ports.

p.s. all of them say use the other side on one side.

Last edited:

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
My thoughts exactly. If a Tesla is using one side, the other side will have the same problem we are having now.

The signs are basically telling Fords, No Juice For You. The only thing this does is to make space needed, less long and more wide.

There is no charger on this site a Lightning could use without messing someone up. Even using the standalone on the side, would block the traveling lane. This is designed exclusively for Tesla oriented charge ports.

p.s. all of them say use the other side on one side.
Whatever, there's enough units there, life will find a way.

At least I'm not parking my ice car in a handicap charger spot.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Whatever, there's enough units there, life will find a way.
This whole thread is shared as if Tesla has found a way not life. I hope you never feel like a lawyer on a toilet bowl at a maxed out supercharger while life is finding a way.

Ford F-150 Lightning Photos from new Tesla Supercharging station w/ new charger placement (for trucks) 1710362539979-9n

Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
The chargers are marked 250kw. Are they going to be compatible V3’s or is that a V2?

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
If I understand this process, Tesla on o e side other that have opposite charging port locations would use other side. So Tesla is charging up, Ford pulls in across and waits for Tesla to finish, then charges and then next Tesla pulls in and charges. It would be just as good at EA and Chargepoint stations to follow this layout too.

Howard_Scott_Warshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, rapid red
Thanks to Liv and Patrick of MachEVLOG some Ford owners were able to checkout a local V3 Supercharger. Tesla had made some mods to the stalls which made plugging-in much easier.
  • Repainted the lines of the stalls so that they now lined up with the centerline of the charger (effectively shifting the charger closer to the vehicle)
  • Moved the Tesla parking signs back about a foot so we could pull in closer and between two chargers
Also realized that the non-Teslas with similarly placed charge ports can park next to each other and minimize the extra parking space issue (n+1)
tempImagegR2JWE.png
tempImageasPmb5.png
tempImageBa6J7w.png
Missed an opportunity for a red, white, and blue photo op. I am disappoint.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If I understand this process, Tesla on o e side other that have opposite charging port locations would use other side. So Tesla is charging up, Ford pulls in across and waits for Tesla to finish, then charges and then next Tesla pulls in and charges. It would be just as good at EA and Chargepoint stations to follow this layout too.
Nop. Both sides are for Tesla's. If Ford uses one side, Tesla can not use the other side. If a Tesla use one side, a Ford can not use the other side.

If no one is there, there is no problem. Same as other supercharger locations. If half or more of chargers are occupied, then you could have a problem, the same way you would in the current locations. This configuration has absolutely no advantage for us.

Those signs are made for Tesla drivers just in case they lack common sense.
Sponsored

Last edited: