• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
They deliberately nudged the extended range XLT down to qualify for the tax credit. That's a bangin' deal.
With enough wiggle room to add Max Tow.

Sponsored

gymgeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Edge, 2023 F150L Pro
Occupation
IT Geek
I don't think that counts in the MSRP for the IRS, but I'm not a tax professional, etc.
You are correct. Destination does not count towards the $80k cap.

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
Website reflects less of a decrease on the Platinum compared to the OP.
Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 F-150 Lightning Pricing Adjustment || Increases for XLT & Lariat Standard Range || Decreases for XLT High & Platinum 1683816795388

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SR Lightning Lariat
Related question:

Given the price of building batteries, raw material costs involved and my basic understanding that longer range=bigger (and heavier) battery = more expensive…

… How the heck is the RAM EV at 400-500mi range going to be priced under $60k?

No freak’n way, right?!

Dharri21

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT
Related question:

Given the price of building batteries, raw material costs involved and my basic understanding that longer range=bigger (and heavier) battery = more expensive…

… How the heck is the RAM EV at 400-500mi range going to be priced under $60k?

No freak’n way, right?!
Thats easy. They will intentionally lose money on a per unit basis until their manufacturing processes are streamlined and the cost of production goes down as the volume increases. Then you will see pricing modifications to bring a profit margin back. I am pretty sure that is what Ford has been doing. I paid 57K for an XLT SR with towing package and I read somewhere that Ford was losing about 7k per truck during production of mine in June 2022.

Sandy Munro has a series of videos where he tears down a Lightning down to the screws, washers, and o-rings. He constantly raves about how the Lightning is overbuilt and that the consumer value is outstanding. The videos are really worth getting into especially when they tear down the motors and the battery cooling systems.

Dharri21

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT
Do options figure into the MSRP amount for the purposes of the tax credit or is it just the base MSRP? I know that destination is not included.