• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

AkayRiviannnn07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Launch Edition
uh, that Rivian is looking a LOT more attractive now
[/QUOTE]
Rivian has their own issues, trust me I would know but I agree my truck is looking more attractive now.
Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
looks like an $8k bump for the Lariat I want. about 10%... I can live with that.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Interesting with this new pricing, I am now considering selling my 2022 Lightning with the increased resale value and get a Mustang Mach E to replace it.

My wife's 2022 MME is still on order and price protected w/ Ford Options 2.74% + $2000 cash incentives. $47K is a lot better than $79K I paid for the Lightning.

I might have to "hijack" my wife's MME and have her order a MY'23 MME since her current car is fine...

Sponsored

TechTutor

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘15 GMC Sierra / ‘02 Spec V
Occupation
Technology installation & training
Well, the new MSRP of the Pro exceeds the $42,000 cap for the “Drive Clean NY” rebate of $2,000.

It would appear that I may have to tap out, as my budget can’t take a $100 month kick is the balls. Of course, by the time I get the invite maybe I will have another $6,000 saved for the down payment.

Simpso57

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
while the new tax bill seems confusing, I don't think anyone who buys or takes delivery of an EV prior to the end of the year should have any changes from today's current tax credit rules. the new bill should take effect Jan 1, and not affect anyone prior to that, at least in a negative way.
This is wrong. You better read the law.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
while the new tax bill seems confusing, I don't think anyone who buys or takes delivery of an EV prior to the end of the year should have any changes from today's current tax credit rules. the new bill should take effect Jan 1, and not affect anyone prior to that, at least in a negative way.
Depending upon when the DOT issues its guidance, it might be before the end of the year.

From "It's possible no electric vehicles will qualify for the new tax credit", https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/0...vehicles-will-qualify-for-the-new-tax-credit/ :

That has to happen no later than the end of 2022, and there is no grace period once the guidance is issued. But if you have a binding contract to buy a new EV by the time the law is passed, but hasn't been delivered yet, it should still qualify for the old tax credit.
Although - the way the government works - it's probably going to be the end of December before they issue guidance. So you're probably right.

Solar_EE

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT Ioniq 6 AWD
Occupation
electrical engineer
Which Grizzl-E do you have? Is it a mobile charger or a wall mount?
I have the wall mount classic. It hangs on the wall but is connected to the outlet with a plug- I used a NEMA 14-30 plug for my 30A outlet that was in place- I had to buy a short cable with a NEMA 14-30 plug as the Grizzl-E comes with a NEMA 14-50 plug. Easy to detach from the wall with a slide rod if you do want to take it with you. Many houses have a dryer plug that is somewhat accessible- I have a 50' 30A extension cord that I use to charge my Ioniq 5 at houses when I travel. Limited to 24A but that charges fully with an overnight visit.

Sponsored

bryan995

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
except for the income limits ... :cry:

BeeLightning

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Impala, Jag SUV, F-150 Lightning on order
Interesting with this new pricing, I am now considering selling my 2022 Lightning with the increased resale value and get a Mustang Mach E to replace it.

My wife's 2022 MME is still on order and price protected w/ Ford Options 2.74% + $2000 cash incentives. $47K is a lot better than $79K I paid for the Lightning.

I might have to "hijack" my wife's MME and have her order a MY'23 MME since her current car is fine...
I hope all that still qualify sticks with the truck if it works for you. It’s a great truck. I’m looking forward to stacking it against the Silverado EV.

Guess what Chevy will do the same thing . Intro price, then raise rate the following year.

just saying…..

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Either a mistake or intentionally priced to make people order the XLT SR.

This new pricing shows that Ford is saying you can get the credit if you order the Pro or XLT SR only.

All other trims & batteries are for the "wealthy" folks who don't care about the tax credit.
It looked like the SR Lariat still qualified too, depending on options selected.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
That is something I've wondered about.

The new tax credit covers purchases in 2023 and beyond. There is a clause in there for people that ordered(or entered into a binding agreement) BEFORE the law is passed but take delivery after that. Obviously people that took delivery before passage of the law are safe.

What about people who take delivery or just buy straight up after law passage but before Jan 1? I haven't seen that explained anywhere...

(This situation would apply to people buying demos..supposedly after law passage but before Jan 1)

I haven't seen this grey area explained anywhere...
There are some articles that are finally digesting it.

There are some limitations that take effect as soon as the Department of Transportation issues its guidance, due end of 2022...

See "It's Possible No Electric Vehicles Will Qualify for the New Tax Credit":
https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/0...vehicles-will-qualify-for-the-new-tax-credit/

The text of the bill makes income levels, MSRP levels, etc., all take effect as of Jan 1, but I think the manufacturing limits take effect immediately upon guidance publication.

Lots of people trying to interpret the law and get their own articles out and we've seen plenty of sources get it wrong so far, so your mileage may still vary.

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
I wouldn't mind paying these prices if we had faster charging or more range but this is getting expensive for a first gen vehicle. I'm seriously concerned these trucks are going to plummet in value if competitors release 400-500 mile range trucks with 350kw charging capability in a couple years.
Sponsored