• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Come on @TaxmanHog! We all know your a @Ford Motor Company inside man! You’ve got this already! Just keep being the voice for the rest of us good sir! 😉
Nope, just a regular Ford Enthusiast like most folks on the forum, this is the first I've heard about the enhanced IPC & PPOB screens / functionality. Hopefully these enhancements reach our 22 & 23 trucks.
Sponsored

Randall Stephens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Jet Builder
Is the charge screen truck not customized to the vehicle? Mine looks like my truck I just figured it was changed to match the configuration .

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
In his X post he has an 8 minute video where he does a good job explaining what a Flash is and isn’t. Also some new 2024 features.
  • Camera buttons don’t disappear in camera mode. Stay visible. Appear to have another view or two.
  • Bed outlets illuminated. (He says this is new but they aren't)
  • Frunk has the glow in dark button protector. They include the adapter that allows you to plug in a NEMA 50. (Edit - apparently added late 2023)
  • Spray-in bed liner has slightly different logo.
  • Specific to Flash: does not have Homelink, no zone lights on running board, has manual fold mirrors, no sliding rear window.
  • Specific to Flash: has onboard scales, powered tailgate, tailgate step.

Ford F-150 Lightning 2024 Software Updates - shown on Flash at dealer IMG_0532

Ford F-150 Lightning 2024 Software Updates - shown on Flash at dealer IMG_0533

Last edited:

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Some of the stuff pointed out is software based. However the new pro-power feature could be hardware... we will see though.

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I thought it was mentioned in a review of the Platinum Black that turning off the truck and allowing ProPower to remain on would be coming to all previous trucks.

Mmiketa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
In his X post he has an 8 minute video where he does a good job explaining what a Flash is and isn’t. Also some new 2024 features.
  • Camera buttons don’t disappear in camera mode. Stay visible. Appear to have another view or two.
  • Bed outlets illuminated.
  • Frunk has the glow in dark button protector. They include the adapter that allows you to plug in a NEMA 50.
  • Specific to Flash: does not have Homelink, no zone lights on running board, has manual fold mirrors, no sliding rear window.

IMG_0532.jpeg

IMG_0533.jpeg
I purchased a late '23 Lariat and I had the frunk release button protector included as well as an adapter from the 30A to a 14-50 outlet.

Sponsored

Randall Stephens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Jet Builder
  • Bed outlets illuminated.
  • Frunk has the glow in dark button protector. They include the adapter that allows you to plug in a NEMA 50.

IMG_0532.jpeg

IMG_0533.jpeg
My mid 2023 has the led for the bed power. Not sure that’s a new feature.

flypony53

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, Rivian R1S
Nope, just a regular Ford Enthusiast like most folks on the forum, this is the first I've heard about the enhanced IPC & PPOB screens / functionality. Hopefully these enhancements reach our 22 & 23 trucks.
I will say, I am tired of having to "start" my truck to use the plugs. :)

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I purchased a late '23 Lariat and I had the frunk release button protector included as well as an adapter from the 30A to a 14-50 outlet.
Where did you find your adapter?

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
My mid 2023 has the led for the bed power. Not sure that’s a new feature.
Interesting, I just looked and my 2022 has those also. Never noticed them. Apparently the guy in the X video didn't either. Edited my post.