• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
That's the most acronyms I've ever read in a single forum post. o_O

For those who may be new here's a quick glossary to fill in some of the blanks:

DTE - Distance To Empty.
HVB - High Voltage Battery (LVB = 12v under the Frunk).
FCSP - Ford Charge Station Pro (the upgraded charger that comes with the Extended Range).
LVB - Not sure.
SoC - Not sure.
OBD - On-Board Diagnostics (A mechanics tool that lets you read and change settings).
OTA - Over The Air (how updates download from the Internet).
LVB = Low Voltage Battery

SoC = State of Charge
Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
LVB = Low Voltage Battery

SoC = State of Charge
Thanks for the heads up.

Meanwhile, I just realized I already figured out LVB when I posted the definition for the HVB.

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
I truly donā€™t get it. Over the past few weeks Iā€™ve tried every trick suggested but have received a failure each time. Now tonight it went through. I didnā€™t do much driving today, I didnā€™t charge the LVB, I didnā€™t turn off the auto headlights, and I locked my truck with PaaK. Whatever. I wonā€™t look a gift horse in the mouth.
Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU-1009-MIL-DTE Calculation B75D70B2-66C0-4832-8982-64D0B3FF6D3F

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
I did the BMS as stated above, unfortunately that has caused some unwanted side affects.

1. The big center screen and the dash screen now don't come on when opening the door.
2. A different splash screen now displays with just the Ford oval.
3. When you turn off the truck it doesn't go into accessory mode. It just shuts down everything and the center screen displays this:
IMG_0854.jpeg

I tried doing a sync reset and it didn't change anything. And as a final note, the update still did not work. If anyone has any ideas to get things back to normal I would appreciate it.
Your 12V battery is very low in SOC, the BMS reset likely just aligned the system better with the reality state of the system. Disconnect the negative battery cable to reboot the system and then once it's reconnected, start the truck and turn off the shutdown timer. Let the truck run ("idle") for at least an hour. This will guarantee that it charges the 12V battery and better calibrates the BMS.

Hope this helps!

Craiguf

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Finally got this to work on my ā€˜22. Did the flipping lights/brake pedal reset; then disconnect LVB for 5 minutes; reconnected, ran vehicle for 1 hourā€¦. And voilaā€¦ thank you FORUM! Iā€™ve tried and failed over 30 times on this update.

Sponsored

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
@Ford Motor Company still waiting for the install to run. Had it for weeks.
mine has failed over 30 times.
took it to dealer. Told ā€œthey updated a lot of thingsā€. Wasnā€™t on screen as pending update. 3 days later there it is and continues failing.
my truck was at dealer for 12 days - total of 28 days over the past 40 days.

not huge by itself but it wonā€™t allow other updates to download and install.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Why are you stressing about getting an update that makes your DTE less reliable? Just drive your truck and enjoy it. You'll get it eventually.
I ainā€™t be stressing.
but after 40 days, more than 30 failures. Including leaving at dealer for 28days, yes 28!. All they did was clear download screen. Iā€™m still stuck at failed to install.
until this clears the 4.1.x wonā€™t be coming either.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I ainā€™t be stressing.
but after 40 days, more than 30 failures. Including leaving at dealer for 28days, yes 28!. All they did was clear download screen. Iā€™m still stuck at failed to install.
until this clears the 4.1.x wonā€™t be coming either.
Maybe it's time to see post #262. A couple of reports of updates after that procedure.

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
mine has failed over 30 times.
took it to dealer. Told ā€œthey updated a lot of thingsā€. Wasnā€™t on screen as pending update. 3 days later there it is and continues failing.
my truck was at dealer for 12 days - total of 28 days over the past 40 days.

not huge by itself but it wonā€™t allow other updates to download and install.
Had mine at the dealer for 10K service and asked them about the update...they had nothing. They said that they could get me in for diagnostic in March. IMO, the dealer/service network likely hurts the brand much more than Ford Corporate. I have had much more assistance from Ford, Siemens, and this forum for issues than anything that the dealer could provide (nothing).

Reactions: GDN

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
I just did the combo of resetting the battery management system described in 262 and then let the truck run for an hour with the lights off. Told it to update (manually) when I got back to the truck that had idled for an hour - worked!

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Had mine at the dealer for 10K service and asked them about the update...they had nothing. They said that they could get me in for diagnostic in March. IMO, the dealer/service network likely hurts the brand much more than Ford Corporate. I have had much more assistance from Ford, Siemens, and this forum for issues than anything that the dealer could provide (nothing).
The really sad part about the dealers is they truly just hold their middle finger up because they aren't even willing to try. It's not like they tried and failed.

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
So. This update disappeared for a while and then showed back up again. Reset the BMS as discussed and it still fails. Hope it gets fixed eventually.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just did the combo of resetting the battery management system described in 262 and then let the truck run for an hour with the lights off. Told it to update (manually) when I got back to the truck that had idled for an hour - worked!
I called Ford Technology department this morning. 35 Failures To date.

Here is wacky, weird, stuff I was told.

- the manual install will not work on this update
-precondition:
- charge to at least 80%
- not plugged in
- scheduled install before Midnight (11:59)
- set parking brake
-drive for 30 minutes to bring 12v system up Told as of last last Thursday, no longer required condition

do this 5 days in a row.

Oddities:
how many on here have updated not in compliance to the preconditions I was given
Ford told me I received Jan 14. - well itā€™s been failing since Dec 19.
after picking up from dealer last week. It did not appear in updates availabl.
- told dealer can not delete/clear update. Thatā€™s nonsense. They did update a lot of modules in truck last week

@Griddlez , @Farmford42 - this is what they told me.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
I called Ford Technology department this morning. 35 Failures To date.

Here is wacky, weird, stuff I was told.

- the manual install will not work on this update
-precondition:
- charge to at least 80%
- not plugged in
- scheduled install before Midnight (11:59)
- set parking brake
-drive for 30 minutes to bring 12v system up Told as of last last Thursday, no longer required condition

do this 5 days in a row.

Oddities:
how many on here have updated not in compliance to the preconditions I was given
Ford told me I received Jan 14. - well itā€™s been failing since Dec 19.
after picking up from dealer last week. It did not appear in updates availabl.
- told dealer can not delete/clear update. Thatā€™s nonsense. They did update a lot of modules in truck last week

@Griddlez , @Farmford42 - this is what they told me.
I met all of those except no parking brake and I did kick it off manually and it worked. Did the BSM reset and then turned the truck on and let it idle for an hour before running it manually.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I met all of those except no parking brake and I did kick it off manually and it worked. Did the BSM reset and then turned the truck on and let it idle for an hour before running it manually.
I've never manually turned on the Parking Brake. It turns itself on when I'm on a slight incline, such as on my driveway.

I don't even remember there being a manual way to do it.
Sponsored