• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
Yes! I made it clear I had the email to order. Dumb question, an order already accepted by the dealer would get bumped by a newly entered order with an earlier time stamp?
I don't know, but from what I've been able to piece together everyone who has an "accepted" order just means it's been moved on to the WBDO (web based dealer ordering) system which is where it will get scheduled after 3/31. No one has been scheduled in that system yet and it's not up to the dealer...Ford determines the scheduling based on "a variety of factors including your reservation time stamp and location." So - for scheduling - in the long run it really doesn't matter who ordered at your dealership ahead of you, you are competing nationwide by reservation timestamp and location.

But I could be completely wrong.

Last edited:

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Smoked Quartz SuperCrew PB Long Bed
Yes! I made it clear I had the email to order. Dumb question, an order already accepted by the dealer would get bumped by a newly entered order with an earlier time stamp?
That is a good question. I donā€˜t believe it could happen as it would require Ford to keep monitoring the time stamps after orders are placed. There are some still waiting to order that certainly have earlier time stamps than those that have already ordered.

I guess they could reshuffle the total of all the orders received just prior to Job 1 in March but that doesnā€™t seem likely.

That said, Ford also hasnā€™t made It clear how the orders will get built once production starts. Do certain models, option groups or colors get built first? A Lightning in Wave 3 could show up first on the dealer lot.
Good Luck

Last edited:

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 JK//2006 1T Silverado/1970 CJ/2023 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Ordered in wave 3. Reserved in August and not sure if I was prioritized but Iā€™m guessing I was. My dealer did say they had 352 reservations. I ordered a Lariat extended range. $500 deposit and no ADM. 24 week estimate for delivery. Located in San Diego county. Was hoping to get the roll up tonneau cover but did not see any options for tonneaus of any kind. Was anyone able to add a cover to their order?
Reserved in August and ordered wave 3....certainly prioritized cause you should be down the road a piece....Yeah really fair system coming from a May 19th guy....I'm still trying to find out if Gosch Temecula is a bad actor and should I change ahead of ordering...Do you mind telling us who your dealer is ??
Cheers Scott

Ccarm6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning
I don't know, but from what I've been able to piece together everyone who has an "accepted" order just means it's been moved on to the WBDO (web based dealer ordering) system which is where it will get scheduled after 3/31. No one has been scheduled in that system yet and it's not up to the dealer...Ford determines the scheduling based on "a variety of factors including your reservation time stamp and location." So - for scheduling - in the long run it really doesn't matter who ordered at your dealership ahead of you, you are competing nationwide by reservation timestamp and location.

But I could be completely wrong.
I think time stamp and location will matter for scheduling but only to a point. Otherwise, why would their be a priority list for dealers to have a hand in bumping up select reservations?

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I donā€™t expect reservation time stamp will make much difference in deliveries. It will depend on how Ford schedules particular models. Maybe for two identical trucks someone with an earlier reservation would get theirs first.

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
I think time stamp and location will matter for scheduling but only to a point. Otherwise, why would their be a priority list for dealers to have a hand in bumping up select reservations?
I was thinking about that...it could have been just to give certain customers first dibs on trims with low availability. Once all waves are finished choosing trims then everything evens out. This is kind of confirmed by the production time estimates...wave 1 got an estimate of 20 weeks but both waves 2 and 3 got estimates of 24 weeks. This seems indicative of just some boilerplate template and not a real estimation of when the truck will be produced - everyone in each wave got the same estimate regardless of priority.

ninjaybot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
Reserved in August and ordered wave 3....certainly prioritized cause you should be down the road a piece....Yeah really fair system coming from a May 19th guy....I'm still trying to find out if Gosch Temecula is a bad actor and should I change ahead of ordering...Do you mind telling us who your dealer is ??
Cheers Scott
Ken Grody Ford in Carlsbad

MBM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Heard back from my dealer and they are adding $5000 to MSRP. He also said that other dealers are actually buying his inventory (Iā€™m guessing allotment) from him at that price.

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Smoked Quartz SuperCrew PB Long Bed
Heard back from my dealer and they are adding $5000 to MSRP. He also said that other dealers are actually buying his inventory (Iā€™m guessing allotment) from him at that price.
That sucks for you and it is too bad some of the dealers are screwing you and others over.
Also your dealer is an arrogant AZZ to be bragging about how he can basically make sure no one near them will be able to purchase a Lightning at MSRP.

Just a reminder all this price gouging is on top of the the new Lightning invoice structure that will likely allow dealers to exceed a 10% margin selling at MSRP.

This is why the priority order list is such a sham. According to this dealer it would appear some dealers loaded up the reservations/order system with shill purchasers just to resale the Lightning with 5-30K ADM and to other dealers.

If these Stealers keep get getting exposed maybe eventually something good will come of it.
There are plenty of ways to put pressure on these shady dealers..

Last edited:

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Yep, I completely agree. They shouldn't have done the prioritization or anything like that. Just go down the list in order of when reservations were made. But unfortunately dealerships have way too much power now, and wouldn't stand for some dealerships not getting a truck for a year or more.
Seems like you haven't followed the Bronco shitshow at all. The reservation and "time stamp" is maybe good for 10% of the decision as to when you get yours built. It's a complete joke.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Seems like you haven't followed the Bronco shitshow at all. The reservation and "time stamp" is maybe good for 10% of the decision as to when you get yours built. It's a complete joke.
The Lightning has infinitely fewer possible configurations so I'm hoping things will be smoother than the Bronco.

That said, it's probably best to avoid any options that can be obtained from the aftermarket (i.e. bed liners, floor mats, etc.).

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Eternal Vestibule
If you've already ordered you have a civil case. My lawyer is reading over the terms but the online order deposit says it's an agreement to purchase at the selling price. The dealer did not enter a markup while ordering and shouldn't be able to add it after the order and deposit.

Arthur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT, Mach-E
Put an order in and was told by dealer that there is a $10,000 markup. I am about to give up Lightning entirely as I am tired of playing games with dealer.
Sponsored