• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
Are you saying that it updated online on your Ford.com view of the order? My dealer said he changed the color for me, but I'm not seeing it updated on my ford.com order.
Yes, when I view my order it has the new paint color.
Sponsored

MBM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Got the wave 3 invite the other day and reached out to a couple local dealers and got the same response from both. I was considering switching the reservation to one of these dealers.

“We have many orders already and it’s going to be a while for delivery. “

I understand they’re just being honest, but they didn’t really encourage me even a little to order with them.

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
Got the wave 3 invite the other day and reached out to a couple local dealers and got the same response from both. I was considering switching the reservation to one of these dealers.

“We have many orders already and it’s going to be a while for delivery. “

I understand they’re just being honest, but they didn’t really encourage me even a little to order with them.
?!?! Do they understand you have a golden ticket? I think your spot in line for scheduling is only partly determined by the dealer. This is from the bottom of the Ford reservation (now order) page:

"Your vehicle will be scheduled for production based on a variety of factors including your reservation time stamp and location. "

Reactions: MBM

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Yes, when I view my order it has the new paint color.
My dealer said he would add my tailgate step to my XLT SR. I went in person and gave them my license to copy and signed a purchase order with the change. That was about a week ago, no update yet on the Ford site.

Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
My dealer said he would add my tailgate step to my XLT SR. I went in person and gave them my license to copy and signed a purchase order with the change. That was about a week ago, no update yet on the Ford site.
Then he hasn’t either put the changes in, or accepted the order again. My online order shows changed for both times I amended my order within two hours.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
?!?! Do they understand you have a golden ticket? I think your spot in line for scheduling is only partly determined by the dealer. This is from the bottom of the Ford reservation (now order) page:

"Your vehicle will be scheduled for production based on a variety of factors including your reservation time stamp and location. "
I'm not sure that we do have a golden ticket by just having an invite. Ford wouldn't be clear for me, but they sound like they're saying if we switch dealers even after having the invite that'll push us back. Dealer I'm considering going to also doesn't sound optimistic about getting it in 2022 if I do.

Reactions: MBM

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Does the order page (on ford.com) who the changed color? My dealer says he just changed the color but my order page still shows the old color. Wondering if either it takes time to update, or the order page will just always show the original order without modifications that are in the dealer system.
Yeah, the update was pretty much immediate and it properly shows updated on Ford.com

ninjaybot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
Ordered in wave 3. Reserved in August and not sure if I was prioritized but I’m guessing I was. My dealer did say they had 352 reservations. I ordered a Lariat extended range. $500 deposit and no ADM. 24 week estimate for delivery. Located in San Diego county. Was hoping to get the roll up tonneau cover but did not see any options for tonneaus of any kind. Was anyone able to add a cover to their order?

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Smoked Quartz SuperCrew PB Long Bed
I'm not sure that we do have a golden ticket by just having an invite. Ford wouldn't be clear for me, but they sound like they're saying if we switch dealers even after having the invite that'll push us back. Dealer I'm considering going to also doesn't sound optimistic about getting it in 2022 if I do.
Ford likely can't tell you to move your order to another dealer that would piss off their dealers that are charging over ADM. The over ADM dealers might never convince someone to pay 30K extra if it was clear moving your order to another dealer would not cause your order to be delayed.

The wording Ford is using in their explanation of transferring your order is nearly the same
dialogue they give when you call to move a reservation. You are actually doing Ford's work for them by moving an allocation from a dealer that is not following their guidance to only charge MSRP for the Lightning.

Sponsored

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Fwiw I would roll the proverbial dice and switch the order to the other dealer. Easy for me when I am not the one with the order, so take it for what it is.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
Fwiw I would roll the proverbial dice and switch the order to the other dealer. Easy for me when I am not the one with the order, so take it for what it is.
oh, for sure! Just trying to escalate it before I do for best odds this will work. Ford has a case number for me. We’ll see….

playjack

First Name
jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Occupation
industrial eqpt sales
this may have been discussed here already but please allow me to ask again....i did my order back in Jan 14th with a lariat 511A mainly for the moon roof. I can see my order in the ford system & all good. I have been thinking....i am paying C$30K (in US, price difference is only be US$19K - Canadians are being ripped off more...LOL ) more for a moon roof, while an XLT 312A really got everything I need except moon roof, plus I dislike the 15" screen & really prefer the smaller 12" dashboard as it is aesthetically more pleasing to me. I did informed my dealer of my changes & they have acknowledge my request but has not officially changed it in the Ford order system. They told me it is not priority since & I can change anytime as long as I have not given a VIN # & it will be a while before Ford will be sending VIN #'s to existing orders. My question is, if my dealer opt to change my order much later, will it get delayed shipment too compared with, if dealer change my order as soon as possible? thanks in advance

MBM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT SR 312A

Yes! I made it clear I had the email to order. Dumb question, an order already accepted by the dealer would get bumped by a newly entered order with an earlier time stamp?
Sponsored