• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Airdam malfunction

DroopyHippo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
2nd time this has occurred ~2000 miles on it. Each time it happened was around 40-50 mph I believe most often when deploying rather then retracting.

Other minor issue my front bumper center plastic is missing some clips. so its pulled away.

May stop by the dealer to have them look at both and see if they will update the modules to possibly get PAAK
Sponsored

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
I wonder If there is a way to deactivate the codes if we end up removing or modifying the air dam..

Does anyone know if we can do it through forscan?

webspoke

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning! F450, GT500
My truck started doing this last week, 2-3 times now around 55mph. I won't be able to get it to the dealer for a couple of weeks. I tried to wiggle the airdam to jar it loose, but it did not help.

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
Mine has been doing it for weeks now. Always at the same spot about half mile from my driveway on 55 mph road. I'll take it in eventually. Another thread on the ICE forums for 2021 F-150's had some info about this, though in their case it seemed to be caused by the way the vehicles were shipped with cables impinging on the dam and causing damage. Didn't see that on mine. Also somewhere I saw mentioned that the dam is supposed to give ~4% in aerodynamic efficiency, so not huge but every bit counts.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My truck started doing this last week, 2-3 times now around 55mph. I won't be able to get it to the dealer for a couple of weeks. I tried to wiggle the airdam to jar it loose, but it did not help.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
Are you getting an air dam warning on the dash when this happens? I've been getting it a few time in the last couple of weeks, and it's oddly enough towards the end of my 40 minute commute in either direction. It doesn't happen every time, and I haven't yet taken it by the dealer to see what is going on.

OP
OP

DroopyHippo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Are you getting an air dam warning on the dash when this happens? I've been getting it a few time in the last couple of weeks, and it's oddly enough towards the end of my 40 minute commute in either direction. It doesn't happen every time, and I haven't yet taken it by the dealer to see what is going on.
Yes, a warning on the dash display.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi there, Ken! I can look into your Lightning's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Lightning's VIN?

MBM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT SR 312A
I had my truck at the dealer to have this issue checked out and the tech retrieved a couple of the codes for when the malfunction occurred, checked out the system, checked for any TSB’s etc, but no maintenance or repair was actually performed. They said bring it back if it continues.

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
Mine has been doing it as well. Mostly just prior to hitting 50 mph. The earliest I could get it into the dealer is on 15 November but I asked if it was a problem to keep driving it and they checked with the tech. He said it is not. So apparently it is fine to keep driving until you get a chance to get it in and have it repaired. I’ll let you know what the dealer comes up with after my appointment on the 15th.

Sponsored

Citizen0

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Anti-Matter Blue
Occupation
CTO
I got the error on the dash driving in this morning. It was the first time I've seen it. I'll monitor and check whether it's open or closed and if it is not changing (opening/closing) or comes up again I'll call my dealer. Odd that it happened after 10k miles. If it was a physical problem I would have expected it to show up sooner.

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
My truck has been doing this since I picked it up. Almost once a day. Taken it to the dealership 3 times for that’s issue as well as other miscellaneous things. The first two visits, Dealership Said no issue found. This last time I was told that there is physical damage (I can’t see it) and that it’s a $700 repair. Still working with them about this “physical Damage” m failing to see

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
I have never got this error but I do believe that mine has malfunctioned in the past. It happened around 55 mph on the freeway (when it deploys) and I got a vibration that I could hear. I slowed down to around 50 and it went away and then sped up again to 65 and it happened again. It has not been back since. I am pretty sure that's what this was. I have had the truck into the shop for something else and they had no codes though.

heelyeah

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Bronco; 22 F150 Lightning; 21 Jeep JT (wife's)
I took mine in and they said there was a fault inside the active grill shutter. The part is on backorder with no ETA so I'm continuing to drive it until the part comes in, hopefully someday. I was getting the error multiple times per day but it's been less frequent lately, more like a handful of times weekly, with no change to my driving habits. But it does seem to only happen at 50mph or higher.

E_Double

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME
Occupation
Nurse

I have about 8k on my Lightning. The air dam warning happens to me every few weeks, and self resolves. Odd.....
Sponsored