• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bigger or smaller dealer to get Lightning earlier?

GreasyLightning47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota, Lexus
So I guess that means if a person puts their reservation in today, the dealer could put that person at the front of the line. That really is not fair. It should be reservation time stamp order at that dealership period, full stop. And then Ford should build in time stamp order with the usual caveats for product constraints and normal production scheduling issues.
So I guess that means if a person puts their reservation in today, the dealer could put that person at the front of the line. That really is not fair. It should be reservation time stamp order at that dealership period, full stop. And then Ford should build in time stamp order with the usual caveats for product constraints and normal production scheduling issues.
Hopefully there is some ford review process to this that way everyone can get their f150 in a timely fashion. I personally chose a small dealer because I had hunch this might happen and I was later reservation holder
Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Hopefully there is some ford review process to this that way everyone can get their f150 in a timely fashion. I personally chose a small dealer because I had hunch this might happen and I was later reservation holder
And I’m sure if you ask your dealer, they will say first come, first served even if they are playing favorites.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Sadly, it is true. Each dealer's friends and big customers can be placed ahead of you. It was shocking to learn that priority orders are a thing. If Ford runs it like the Bronco orders, your timestamp means little.
Another reason to order the base Pro trim. Dealers’ rich buddies won’t want to be seen at the country club in anything less than a Platinum.

GreasyLightning47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota, Lexus
Another reason to order the base Pro trim. Dealers’ rich buddies won’t want to be seen at the country club in anything less than a Platinum.
That and It was advertised with a starting price of under 40k so I don't think Ford would increase the price of the Pro because of the backlash they would face.

playjack

First Name
jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Occupation
industrial eqpt sales
But would the dealer take your queue, ignore your pro order and just order what their rich customer want? Would be nice if you can demand order be placed directly right into Ford ordering system (if there is such sysyem) in front of you. This way your "lowly" model pro doesn't get passed to their rich client as platinum...Just thinking out loud.

Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
But would the dealer take your queue, ignore your pro order and just order what their rich customer want? Would be nice if you can demand order be placed directly right into Ford ordering system (if there is such sysyem) in front of you. This way your "lowly" model pro doesn't get passed to their rich client as platinum...Just thinking out loud.
I hope it’ll happen like you said, orders going directly to Ford. We’ll probably know more when the order banks open. With that said I also trust my local dealership to not play games and get it right for me.

WRS

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Aviation
I hope it’ll happen like you said, orders going directly to Ford. We’ll probably know more when the order banks open. With that said I also trust my local dealership to not play games and get it right for me.
Orders are not going to go straight to Ford. They have dealers for that. those dealers are FORDs representatives. Also, laws prevent that in most states.

playjack

First Name
jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Occupation
industrial eqpt sales
Orders are not going to go straight to Ford. They have dealers for that. those dealers are FORDs representatives. Also, laws prevent that in most states.
That means dealer can really screw us if they like to and you can't do anything about it. That kinda suck. Hope my dealer is trustworthy. They said I am in their 41st queue and confidently saying that I should get my Lightning on 2022 with that number.

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
Today I switched from a larger urban dealership, where I was in the top 100 (that’s all they would tell me), to a smaller dealer outside the city where I am #3. My old, larger dealership had over 500 reservations and the smaller dealership has 50. While I think there is merit to sticking with a larger dealer in terms of allocation, I’m hoping that being so high up on the list will allow me to squeak by with a MY22.

Almost as important, my experience with the larger dealer was not pleasant. Getting any info out of them was next to impossible. The new dealer so far has been very transparent and much more hospitable.

OP
OP

Jaspernuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 mustang
I also recently switched. I found a dealer that had 4 reservations but 3 canceled so they only had one! I'm #2 at worst. When I called Ford the rep thought I would have no problem getting a 22.

Sponsored

vbaker4444

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD
Went with a small EV certified dealer nearby. They charge MSRP on broncos and mavericks and aren't in the business to push people around. I noticed the larger cities in Michigan (at least GR and Lansing) are the places that had insane markup. Day one reservation and was priority #1 at my local dealer and ordered first wave with the standard $500 down and no mark up. Good luck!

cdubculvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
Went with a small EV certified dealer nearby. They charge MSRP on broncos and mavericks and aren't in the business to push people around. I noticed the larger cities in Michigan (at least GR and Lansing) are the places that had insane markup. Day one reservation and was priority #1 at my local dealer and ordered first wave with the standard $500 down and no mark up. Good luck!
What is this standard $500 down? My dealer told me that there's no deposit beyond the initial $100 when you placed your reservation?

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Many dealers are requiring a 500-1000 deposit. Given the market the dealer should have no problem moving an abandoned order, but it is what it is.

vbaker4444

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD
What is this standard $500 down? My dealer told me that there's no deposit beyond the initial $100 when you placed your reservation?
I believe it's standard, but I did read that some dealers have required more. This was all done online prior to me having the dealer confirm it. Either way, it takes that and the $100 reservation off my total.

cdubculvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
I believe it's standard, but I did read that some dealers have required more. This was all done online prior to me having the dealer confirm it. Either way, it takes that and the $100 reservation off my total.
Is this fully refundable if you cancel later? My dealer told me (and I asked twice), only the initial $100 and it's fully refundable.
Sponsored