• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dealer Allocations starting to get Delivered?

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
Not sure if I am jumping the gun here but afaik dealers had only received mannequins before that had a 6 month lock on them. My dealer in Upstate NY is getting an in stock unit. Window sticker can be seen here -

https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FTVW1EL5NWG14768

And the Dealer listing is here https://www.depaulaford.com/invento...ning-lariat-4x4-supercrew®-1ftvw1el5nwg14768/

This could be good news if there are people with good relationships with their dealer since these units would still qualify for the full $7500 tax credit.

Edit - I have talked with the dealer to confirm that this is in fact an in stock allocation and they can sell it as soon as it arrives. It’s not a demo.

Edit 2 -

Looks like confirmed by Ford FAQ

Can I still get a 2022 F-150 Lightning?

Yes, dealer stock ordering will continue to be available for the remainder of the 2022 model year, so you will still be able to purchase these vehicles from dealers upon arrival. The change simply is that you will be unable to place a custom retail order until the 2023 MY opens again in August 2022.
Sponsored

Last edited:

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Must be a customer abandoned order. No way they are shipping regular units yet...

OP
OP
monsterlag

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Must be a customer abandoned order. No way they are shipping regular units yet...
It’s a blue window sticker indicating dealer order. Green is the one for a customer abandoned order.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Maybe some dealers are receiving more than 1 demo / mannequin ?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
If Ford starts delivering dealer orders before all the reservation holders have had a shot, they deserve every conceivable amount of scorn and lost business.
Given the price increase plus loss of tax credit for upper trims, I could see supply catching up to demand mid next year. Ticking more people off will speed that up even more!

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
yep, that's simply a 'stock' DEMO unit, with the same restrictions that all dealer demo's have - it's not inconceivable that a dealer might not receive more than one, especially if they received a demo back in May or so, but there are no 'dealer stock' orders that are built to simply sit on a lot.

OP
OP
monsterlag

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
yep, that's simply a 'stock' DEMO unit, with the same restrictions that all dealer demo's have - it's not inconceivable that a dealer might not receive more than one, especially if they received a demo back in May or so, but there are no 'dealer stock' orders that are built to simply sit on a lot.
From my conversation with the dealer, they have confirmed that they can sell it immediately. It’s not a demo.

It’s really not that inconceivable that Ford would this lol.

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
From my conversation with the dealer, they have confirmed that they can sell it immediately. It’s not a demo.

It’s really not that inconceivable that Ford would this lol.
I had the same conversation, except that they said it's sold already.

Sponsored
OP
OP
monsterlag

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had the same conversation, except that they said it's sold already.

I meant that’s possible. I had the conversation in the morning, selling in a days time checks out.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
what the dealer was really saying is that they can take a DEPOSIT on it today, but I'll bet you won't be able to drive it home today. dealers 'say' a lot of things, to get your attention, to get your money, to get you in the door. Look online and see if ANY Lightnings from dealers are actually 'for sale today'... what you'll find is misleading advertising, Lightnings that are not even arrived yet, and 'discussions' about deposits and waiting.

OP
OP
monsterlag

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
what the dealer was really saying is that they can take a DEPOSIT on it today, but I'll bet you won't be able to drive it home today. dealers 'say' a lot of things, to get your attention, to get your money, to get you in the door. Look online and see if ANY Lightnings from dealers are actually 'for sale today'... what you'll find is misleading advertising, Lightnings that are not even arrived yet, and 'discussions' about deposits and waiting.
I am not sure why this is hard for you to believe. I asked them point blank whether you can take delivery immediately on arrival and they said yes and in writing. I have dealt with this dealer before and I got my Lightning order through them(no ADM on those). It’s not some grand scheme for them to take your money and keep it interest free for 6 months.

They also recently delivered 10 Lightnings as a fleet order here, they are a large volume dealer in my area that does both commercial and consumer orders.

Last edited:

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
I am not sure why this is hard for you to believe. I asked them point blank whether you can take delivery immediately on arrival and they said yes and in writing. I have dealt with this dealer before and I got my Lightning order through them(no ADM on those). It’s not some grand scheme for them to take your money and keep it interest free for 6 months.

They also recently delivered 10 Lightnings as a fleet order here, they are a large volume dealer in my area that does both commercial and consumer orders.
It's not that it's unbelievable so much as it's outrageous.

If Ford is really shipping dealer stock based on allocations before all the reservations are fulfilled that means it's completely plausible that they'll get to the end of the 1st gen production run while people with paid reservations at low-volume dealers haven't gotten a chance to order a truck, but thousands have been sold to the highest bidding non-reservation holders at larger volume dealers.

OP
OP
monsterlag

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's not that it's unbelievable so much as it's outrageous.

If Ford is really shipping dealer stock based on allocations before all the reservations are fulfilled that means it's completely plausible that they'll get to the end of the 1st gen production run while people with paid reservations at low-volume dealers haven't gotten a chance to order a truck, but thousands have been sold to the highest bidding non-reservation holders at larger volume dealers.

That does sound plausible. This is a large volume dealer in a ZEV state and Ford seems to have prioritized ZEV states massively.
Sponsored