• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dealer Allocations starting to get Delivered?

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I agree, it appears that they allocated them to specific dealers and then had the dealers contact customer only on their list. If your reservation is at a dealer that didn't get a unit allocated, you didn't get offered one.

What Ford did for wave 7 is allocate the trucks to the dealers. My dealer..for example got 5 ER Lariats and 2 SR Lariats. The dealer then started calling people pinging if they were interested in these allocations. The dealer then submitted the names. This poses problems because it now appear as if the dealer did not(or could not) submit the names of interested parties, those allocations stayed at the dealer and were converted to dealer stock allocations. (Its just a theory based on what I'm seeing).

If true.. this is really a bad move. I'm almost betting some crappy dealers didn't call anyone..or didn't put forth any real effort....while there is someone in line who almost certainly would have taken the unit. The dealer can now get it as stock and mark it up price wise. This also does not address the fact that one dealer may have zero people interested in a SR Lariat while another dealer(whom the truck could have been reallocated) may have several people willing to take it.

What Ford should have done from the start is ask people to decide their preferred trim on the reservation from day 1. That way, dealers could be allocated units based on actual desires instead of random guessing(or just luck).

I don't think Ford can(or should) o to a straight custom order system because that would slow things to a crawl, but I do think they can do better in supplying trims numbers, allocations, and units to the correct location and correct customers(i.e. those who reserved first).

I hope Ford will learn from this experience. Their logistics chain needs to adapt to a post pandemic, high demand/low supply world.....

PS-- I do think they are taking positive steps with the Model E division and the EV certified dealer memo that came out last week
Sponsored

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Yep, have to 'split' the company in two and all the costs that go with it to compete with non-legacy Corps. They will still have ICE thankfully. I can just imagine disaster protracted response undercover with a bunch of BEVs.
BEVs are a great solution for 80% of vehicles, but it's going to be awhile before the other 15% can be replaced just because of the use cases.

I hope the two separate companies don't duplicate overall overhead and costs.

cjb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat SR, 2016 Mazda CX-9
I put a deposit on one of these dealer allocations last week. SR Lariat trim. Not what I was planning when I put in my D1 reservation but what I was likely going to end up getting with the price increases plus changes to the tax credit. Blend was 9/23 so it'll be a little while before it shows up yet.

DetroitHustle

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GMC Sierra
Occupation
Consultant
I put a deposit on one of these dealer allocations last week. SR Lariat trim. Not what I was planning when I put in my D1 reservation but what I was likely going to end up getting with the price increases plus changes to the tax credit. Blend was 9/23 so it'll be a little while before it shows up yet.
What does "Blend date" refer to?

Sponsored

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Are they honoring MSRP or will there be ADM?

With the price increase and lack of rebate on higher trims, dealers could offer a MY22 at a $5k ADM and look like saints.

cjb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Are they honoring MSRP or will there be ADM?

With the price increase and lack of rebate on higher trims, dealers could offer a MY22 at a $5k ADM and look like saints.
ADM is exactly what you describe.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Blend date is the date the cab starts to be assembled.
So, how long between the time they start the cab and when it rolls off the assembly line as a ”completed” vehicle (assuming no chip or parts holds)?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
So, how long between the time they start the cab and when it rolls off the assembly line as a ”completed” vehicle (assuming no chip or parts holds)?
Mine was 2 days on my Lightning and 1 day on my ICE.

It takes approx 22 hours on an ICE truck to go through Body, Paint and Final. The Final building for the ICE trucks currently is running at a rate of a truck every 53 seconds. The REVC building is currently building a truck every 6 minutes.

Sponsored

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Mine was 2 days on my Lightning and 1 day on my ICE.

It takes approx 22 hours on an ICE truck to go through Body, Paint and Final. The Final building for the ICE trucks currently is running at a rate of a truck every 53 seconds. The REVC building is currently building a truck every 6 minutes.
Why so much slower with the same body, and less parts?

Trick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Now im pissed, dealer by me has a dealer ordered Lariat Sr coming in SQM, my 2022 was pushed to 2023 because that color was no.longer available. Where they pre made sitting at the plant or did they save the paint.
Ford F-150 Lightning Dealer Allocations starting to get Delivered? 1664386453102

cjb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Now im pissed, dealer by me has a dealer ordered Lariat Sr coming in SQM, my 2022 was pushed to 2023 because that color was no.longer available. Where they pre made sitting at the plant or did they save the paint.
You sure that's a new dealer ordered truck and not a mannequin? Can't really tell with how you've screen capped the sticker.

Trick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
If I'm reading it correctly blend was 8/24. They have a bunch in all different colors
Ford F-150 Lightning Dealer Allocations starting to get Delivered? 1664389831316
Sponsored