• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dealer Allocations starting to get Delivered?

OP
OP
monsterlag

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
My dealer just listed 2 more Lariat SR allocations that are dealer stock. That makes 3 in total.

I am not certain what the ADM is but heads up for anyone who is interested. WIndow stickers attached,

Attachments

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
As we are trying to secure a vehicle for testing, I saw that all dealer mannequins had an order number of F001. I started noticing blue window stickers with different order numbers just recently. I asked @TaxmanHog about it and he thought these might be fleet.

I have seen some coming to a couple of different dealers in SATX and confirmed they are not mannequins but did not get strong feedback that they are available for sale once they arrive at the dealerships, but I should note that the blend dates are still in the future, so either the salesmen don't know about them or they are still deciding what to charge for them.

OP
OP
monsterlag

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
As we are trying to secure a vehicle for testing, I saw that all dealer mannequins had an order number of F001. I started noticing blue window stickers with different order numbers just recently. I asked @TaxmanHog about it and he thought these might be fleet.

I have seen some coming to a couple of different dealers in SATX and confirmed they are not mannequins but did not get strong feedback that they are available for sale once they arrive at the dealerships, but I should note that the blend dates are still in the future, so either the salesmen don't know about them or they are still deciding what to charge for them.
my dealer has confirmed that they can sell them as soon as they land.

Sponsored

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
At the close of the model year, Factory does "Clean-up" scheduling and retail only. These units are not your color, not your options, and configurations that can be built out with material on hand.
It's done every year with every large volume production line. Our orders and material acquisition for those orders are programmed and scheduled far in advance.

Dealer reps communicate these units and the dealer has to be flexible as to trims, options, colors etc.

Again, with the exception of the GT, Boutique Assembly line, every model has these.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Those could also be dealer stock orders as well, something new that we're seeing, leads one to think that FoMoCo had little interest for the Lariat-SR production plans so they might have let the dealers make stock orders for them on speculation they might go straight to retail bypassing all the reservationists. Funny to think that the Lariat-SR is an undesirable configuration.

Our forum order data shows the interest level with 32-Lariat-SR [7.86%] to 375-Lariat-ER [92.14%]

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
The thread title would be more accurate if you title it, "Lightning 22 MY Line closing, preparing for '23. Of course we would be less animated and fewer posts. So there is that.

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
Looks like Chapman Ford in Horsham PA has a Lariat SR on the way, 23k over MSRP
Ford F-150 Lightning Dealer Allocations starting to get Delivered? 1663850483640

Ford F-150 Lightning Dealer Allocations starting to get Delivered? 1663850498425

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I think Ford has built DEMOS for every ev certified dealers, but just because a dealer promotes a Lightning as 'for sale' doesn't mean anything other than it's probably their DEMO that they can't sell for 6 months, or until they get another DEMO - they are not getting any 'stock' to simply sit on lots when Ford cannot already keep up with all the pre-orders it already has.
Go take a peek over at the bronco forum. Ford can and will ship dealer stock before fulfilling reservations or even custom orders. You don't have to believe it, but it is the truth. These are NOT demo vehicles.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Go take a peek over at the bronco forum. Ford can and will ship dealer stock before fulfilling reservations or even custom orders. You don't have to believe it, but it is the truth. These are NOT demo vehicles.

FWIW all of the "stock" units I have seen were SR Lariat trim. IN wave 7 Ford was practically begging people to take these off their hands.

I'm not saying that no one waiting *would not* take them if offered, but Ford was very clumsy in allocating these out. So I get the feeling like these are leftovers. If Ford had their act together these should/could have gone to reservation holders who would take them. That is what should have happened with these.

(I doubt very seriously they got all the way down the reservation list asking for takers)

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
FWIW all of the "stock" units I have seen were SR Lariat trim. IN wave 7 Ford was practically begging people to take these off their hands.

I'm not saying that no one waiting *would not* take them if offered, but Ford was very clumsy in allocating these out. So I get the feeling like these are leftovers. If Ford had their act together these should/could have gone to reservation holders who would take them. That is what should have happened with these.

(I doubt very seriously they got all the way down the reservation list asking for takers)
I agree, it appears that they allocated them to specific dealers and then had the dealers contact customer only on their list. If your reservation is at a dealer that didn't get a unit allocated, you didn't get offered one.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Noticed dealer stock orders appearing at my dealership in July for standard lariats (just the sticker).

No matter the process that lead to the dealer stock, it's really poor move on ford.

There are countless people waiting in line properly for a chance to order and ford just gifts dealer inventory that 95% of them are going to price gouge customers on when they sell them.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Noticed dealer stock orders appearing at my dealership in July for standard lariats (just the sticker).

No matter the process that lead to the dealer stock, it's really poor move on ford.

There are countless people waiting in line properly for a chance to order and ford just gifts dealer inventory that 95% of them are going to price gouge customers on when they sell them.
This is just another example of how the dealership is really Ford's customer and not the end buyer of the vehicle.
It's my understanding that with the bronco Ford was planning to go with a more straightforward first come first serve (for the most part) process to fulfill the reservations. However large dealer franchise groups complained that they weren't getting allocation (to sell at huge markup) and it seems that they won. There's discussion about it over on the bronco forums.

Farley knows that the Ford customer (all of us) are really upset at this and that's why he's pushing changes to the selling model for the bevs. However there's all sorts of laws and then franchise contracts in place that they have to take into consideration.
Sponsored