• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bluecruise OTA Status?

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 4x4
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
I just got my notification that 2.4.4 is waiting to be installed. 10 days after getting 2.4.3... At this rate I might have BC by summer. ?
Sponsored

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
Nope. Just a complete joke and another missed promise. They are now virtually assured to be crying wolf a 3rd time saying “it will surely be Q2-2022”. My job 1 truck is now over a year old and has 17k miles on it. Top of the line Platinum and I’m “enrolled” in the early access plan - whatever good that does.

My patience has worn completely thin now. If it wasn’t for the generator feature, I would have selected a different brand.
Strangely my PB built in early October 2021 has functional blue cruise save for some weird speed accelerations not called for by driver .. to higher than posted speeds .. my generator still faults out when moisture is around. Driving a wet road , getting washed , snow .. waiting on these brilliant engineers to make a software fix

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
Seems the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing..
I believe Ford is liable for false advertising claims.
I expect we will see this come about soon.
I dont know why but my 21 pb bought nov 2 /2021 has had bluecruise from day 1 . Still funky on speed control but hands free works well . Was bulit in October

OP
OP

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum, Audi R8, Audi S5, Audi Q7,
I sent a note to the “Early Access” email asking why a Job1 truck with Early Access is now 6 months after a Job2 truck. Also wanted to know a revised timetable for the feature that I’ve paid for. While I wasn’t rude, I wanted to also understand why Ford swears on having incompetent communication.

Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I dont know why but my 21 pb bought nov 2 /2021 has had bluecruise from day 1 . Still funky on speed control but hands free works well . Was bulit in October
I think it was July 2021 Blue Cruise started coming from the factory activated..

JDinNFLA

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Star White 3.5 EB
I think it was July 2021 Blue Cruise started coming from the factory activated..
Yes those are job 2 vehicles. All came with Blue Cruise. Job 1’s waiting for OTA to get straightened and it is now finally starting to roll out. EA waves first then everyone else. Also job 1 people can now take to dealer to get updates to BC done ( I wouldn’t but that’s me)

Safetyrep

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Wish I could get something, I’m still on version 1.7.1

RyanStroeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost - Leadfoot
Called Ford Yesterday and received " Field Service Action Code 21G01" Blue Cruise Update. called local dealership and setup appointment and they KNEW how to do it I was in shock I will update after appointment.
Any special conditions? I have a job 1 and want my bluecruise

Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
Wish I could get something, I’m still on version 1.7.1

Your truck will require a dealer visit, there is a TSB about how to get it unstuck the dealer will do for you. Have them do the BC TSB while they have it.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
What the heck is all this fuss about Bluecruise not working? I’m hoping they get the wrinkles out come June. Selling my Tesla for the Lightning. When I’m tired and get behind the wheel in Tesla, autopilot easily takes 75% of the stress off of driving tired. I’m guessing with Bluecruise, if it works, will be the same or better.
I've got two more pages of this thread to catch up on, but if no one responded to you, these trucks with BC issues are 2021 Job 1 trucks. The Job 2 trucks (second half of the year) and 2022 were built with the updates and BC working.

Ford has left these 2021 guys high and dry for the most part.

I've read that 200 page thread about updating yourself, sweating at times and scared to death also about leaving Tesla for this pile of :poop: that Ford can't make work consistently.

In 3.5 years I've had 85 software updates pushed to my car from Tesla. They have added incredible features that weren't promised to me when I bought. Never a glitch like Ford has.

I'm just hopeful Ford can keep these trucks running with these OTA updates.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Called Ford Yesterday and received " Field Service Action Code 21G01" Blue Cruise Update. called local dealership and setup appointment and they KNEW how to do it I was in shock I will update after appointment.
Very cool..

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I've got two more pages of this thread to catch up on, but if no one responded to you, these trucks with BC issues are 2021 Job 1 trucks. The Job 2 trucks (second half of the year) and 2022 were built with the updates and BC working.

Ford has left these 2021 guys high and dry for the most part.

I've read that 200 page thread about updating yourself, sweating at times and scared to death also about leaving Tesla for this pile of :poop: that Ford can't make work consistently.

In 3.5 years I've had 85 software updates pushed to my car from Tesla. They have added incredible features that weren't promised to me when I bought. Never a glitch like Ford has.

I'm just hopeful Ford can keep these trucks running with these OTA updates.
That’s a ? show! I know people love their Fords and for them to promise you something that you buy brand new in 2021 and it doesn’t work, or is that much of a hassle is wrong. Ford should refund, or make it seamless like Tesla. I feel bad! I almost paid for Lux package in my 2021 Bronco just for Bluecruise capabilities. I was actually bummed I didn’t, until finding out about all this now. Wrong is wrong and Ford should own up to 2021 buyers of Bluecruise capability. Update: I think I wanted Lux for advanced cruise control, I don’t think it was Bluecruise capable. Either way the vehicles that promised it, should get it without the hassle, or money back.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4Ă—4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
People were comparing Ford to Tesla, but seem to forget that Tesla had a ~10 year head start for OTA updates. Sure they are pushing them out with no issues now, but I doubt that was always the case. Also, how long have people been waiting for the FSD beta after shelling out several thousand $?
Sponsored