• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Can I charge (level II) while using pro power 7.2 KW output?

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Just curious. I thought I read the vehicle (Lightning PRO) wouldn’t be able to do both simultaneously due to a single inverter, but am unable to use the correct search query to confirm.
Thanks!
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Just curious. I thought I read the vehicle (Lightning PRO) wouldn’t be able to do both simultaneously due to a single inverter, but am unable to use the correct search query to confirm.
Thanks!
I think the units are separate devices in the truck, I've never tried charging L2 and using PPOB at the same time.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
I’ve used ProPower to run my house during an overnight power outage and when the power came back the truck charged back to 80% while ProPower continued to supply the house (my EVSE is on the main panel and PP was supplying the transfer switch panel). Once it hit 80% it drew just enough current to run the PP inverter.

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
I’ve used ProPower to run my house during an overnight power outage and when the power came back the truck charged back to 80% while ProPower continued to supply the house (my EVSE is on the main panel and PP was supplying the transfer switch panel). Once it hit 80% it drew just enough current to run the PP inverter.
Your truck became an on-line UPS.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
BOTH work simultaneously, as they are not connected or tied together in any way... ProPower is usable while charging, DC Fast Charging, or otherwise, as you can leave your truck ON, and with ProPower ON, while traveling, parked, or charging. It works. We do it all the time with our camper in tow, or even to keep the mini-fridge cooling, or making COFFEE while charging : )

Sponsored

v2h8484

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Yes, Pro Power and Level 2 charging can both run at the same time with some caveats. You need to start charging before starting Pro Power because Pro Power stops whenever the EVSE plug is connected. Similarly, if you disconnect the EVSE plug then Pro Power will also stop. More limitations that Ford should remove. Lastly, if Pro Power and EVSE grounds are both connected to the same house wiring then the setup will not work reliably.

OP
OP

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Yes, Pro Power and Level 2 charging can both run at the same time with some caveats. You need to start charging before starting Pro Power because Pro Power stops whenever the EVSE plug is connected. Similarly, if you disconnect the EVSE plug then Pro Power will also stop. More limitations that Ford should remove. Lastly, if Pro Power and EVSE grounds are both connected to the same house wiring then the setup will not work reliably.
Thank you, that’s great information. And thanks to all who have responded.
Sponsored