• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Ford F-150 Lightning CEO Farley - Testing Ford NACS adapter (photo) Ford NACS Adapter

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

WileyKyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 F-150 Lightning
This guy tested the A2Z NACS adapter. Seemed to work great. Jump to the 10 minute mark.

Reactions: dww

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
This guy tested the A2Z NACS adapter. Seemed to work great. Jump to the 10 minute mark.
Huh.... Seems like a more expensive way to use a magic dock station. I'll wait for my free adapter and activate whatever Supercharger I want

Sponsored

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
From multiple videos, there's no doubt that the A2Z connector works. The Lectron adapter in all likelihood works fine as well.

It's good news that adapters built to the spec, including things like interlock switches, all appear to work like a champ.

I own an A2Z adapter. So, I'm ready Day 1. I'll use it until my free adapter arrives from Ford. Then, I'll likely toss the A2Z into our Mini -- which won't be getting a free adapter.

Bills R Electric

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
I will vote for Sept. and hope to be pleasantly surprised.
When they announced it, I was hoping for February....I was way to optimistic.

PS I have been to the Tesla Batavia, NY location - and tried their Magic Dock.
It worked great, except I had to park sideways and block 3 chargers because the Tesla charger cord is so short. I almost wish the adaptor came with a 1-2 foot pigtail. That is all you would need when pulling straight into existing Tesla chargers.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I believe there was someone at Tesla that was quoted as saying late February or March. I trust Tesla's timeline more than I trust Ford (though the Cybertruck release estimates were awful).

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
SOON

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I believe there was someone at Tesla that was quoted as saying late February or March. I trust Tesla's timeline more than I trust Ford (though the Cybertruck release estimates were awful).
Nah - Ford is better here. How is that new Tesla roadster coming that people paid for in full about 5 years ago? How about Tesla FSD being full level 5 autonomous so people could use their cars as a loan out taxi service while they worked?

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
When they announced it, I was hoping for February....I was way to optimistic.

PS I have been to the Tesla Batavia, NY location - and tried their Magic Dock.
It worked great, except I had to park sideways and block 3 chargers because the Tesla charger cord is so short. I almost wish the adaptor came with a 1-2 foot pigtail. That is all you would need when pulling straight into existing Tesla chargers.
Took my Lighting to a V3 charger nearby and measured. Cable was about 3ft short. Not sure how they expect us to use this. Blocking other chargers will not work. So we really won’t have access.

This is truly ridiculous. Tesla is not going to retro install thousands of longer cables. God is there no one with two brain cells working on this?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.