• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charge station pro Ford Pass connection issue

Fingerbang

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER AntiMatter BLue
Occupation
IT
I did the reinstall myself. Its not hard at all. Turn off breaker, remove old CSP install new one.. tighten the lugs, wiggle rhe wires, tighten again, wiggle wiggle tighten tighten.

Even if you had to bring an electrician out, it would be around a half hour.
Sponsored

Pjlightning

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
I did the reinstall myself. Its not hard at all. Turn off breaker, remove old CSP install new one.. tighten the lugs, wiggle rhe wires, tighten again, wiggle wiggle tighten tighten.

Even if you had to bring an electrician out, it would be around a half hour.
thanks good to know.
Once you got it properly paired , what info or features does the charge station app provide or do ?

I guess I just don’t understand the difference between that app and the regular Ford Pass app. Until I see it in action, I don’t know what I’m missing 🤔

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
thanks good to know.
Once you got it properly paired , what info or features does the charge station app provide or do ?

I guess I just don’t understand the difference between that app and the regular Ford Pass app. Until I see it in action, I don’t know what I’m missing 🤔
Once you get the charge station paired, the app is pretty much useless. You can do a factory reset and check the software, which is also displayed in the FordPass app.

Charley

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightening
Occupation
Retired
I’m currently at an impasse with Ford on my CSP. I spent four weeks trying to get someone to help me and finally got a “level one ticket number” with a technical department that I assume is at Siemens. Very frustrating! The SSID not broadcasting. I’ve read something above about a factory reset button. I’ve looked everywhere and can’t seem to find this red button. Can someone send me a picture of where this is? No one has mentioned this yet at Ford nor have they given me the list that someone has provided above that I will follow once I get the location of the magic button.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I’m currently at an impasse with Ford on my CSP. I spent four weeks trying to get someone to help me and finally got a “level one ticket number” with a technical department that I assume is at Siemens. Very frustrating! The SSID not broadcasting. I’ve read something above about a factory reset button. I’ve looked everywhere and can’t seem to find this red button. Can someone send me a picture of where this is? No one has mentioned this yet at Ford nor have they given me the list that someone has provided above that I will follow once I get the location of the magic button.
Remove the cover and it’s on the upper left hand corner. Ignore the red arrow that is something else.
Ford F-150 Lightning Charge station pro Ford Pass connection issue 93A23E30-BAFF-4676-A301-635691BB4FCC

Sponsored

Bhot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
This all helped a lot. I was able to reconnect with the charger, but it is refusing to connect to my home wifi. I even moved a wifi router next to the charger and it still won’t work. My wifi router is listed but very low signal.

Any tips or suggestions? Tried starting from scratch and a factory reset but still nothing.

I appreciate this forum and any help!

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
This all helped a lot. I was able to reconnect with the charger, but it is refusing to connect to my home wifi. I even moved a wifi router next to the charger and it still won’t work. My wifi router is listed but very low signal.

Any tips or suggestions? Tried starting from scratch and a factory reset but still nothing.

I appreciate this forum and any help!
Having the same issue. Called the 1 (800) 392-3673 number on the FCSP Manual, they directed me to the Houston battery center- I told them, "Houston, I have a problem," and they directed me to power the unit off for 35-40 minutes, wait for it to come back up, and then try connecting. Will update this post once the 40 minutes has passed.

Very frustrating process.

EDIT- I got it to connect, finally. However, unable to change the charge rate setting. I keep getting an error message-"Charge station derate failed ." In addition, every time I open the charge station app, it forces me to re-enter the station password. WTF is up with that? In addition, when I try to log back in to the charging station app, it often takes 5-10 minutes, and frequently times out. What a joke.

Both the FCSP app and the Ford Pass apps are extremely buggy and slow. Frankly, they suck.

Last edited:

Bokenator

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning - Antimatter Blue
ok, so I finally got a FCSP and got it hooked up. 1 week later, my network died. I replaced it with a new mesh network, with a new name. Is there any way to change over the FCSP to the new network? All my other 20+ smart devices were able to make this switchover, but I don't see a way to do it on this one. Is the red "reset" button shown in post 20 my best and only option?

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
Yes, you have to go into the FCSP Setup App (not Fordpass) and use the Manage Settings option then "Reconnect" when the app can't find the FCSP, you should be able to reconnect to the FCSP Wifi and reconfigure the wifi settings based on your new router/network. I found that you have to be standing right next to the FCSP to find its broadcast network.
Sponsored