• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Clunking under driver side seat

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
Hi all, I have a 2022 Pro which has been experiencing a strange clunking/shifting under the driver's side seat. Mostly when I stop or take off, but not consistently happening. I can feel something shifting under my feet, and hear it.

Any ideas? Trying to get it in for service but want to offer some idea of what I think is going on (they haven't handled many lightnings yet).

I'm also getting a clicking/snapping noise out of the front left side of the car, which looks like it may be related to an "anti-ting" bushing?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
My bed cleats package was tucked under the driver's seat, though it didn't rattle around much.

The axle ting remedy might be called for on your truck.

WhiteBolt

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro EV, 2004 SVT Lightning
Occupation
Manufacturing
Hi all, I have a 2022 Pro which has been experiencing a strange clunking/shifting under the driver's side seat. Mostly when I stop or take off, but not consistently happening. I can feel something shifting under my feet, and hear it.

Any ideas? Trying to get it in for service but want to offer some idea of what I think is going on (they haven't handled many lightnings yet).

I'm also getting a clicking/snapping noise out of the front left side of the car, which looks like it may be related to an "anti-ting" bushing?
Same issue on my Pro.
I slide seat forward and back a few times, then lock in position. Knock goes away for a few days, then I repeat.
I think it's the seat track locking mechanism loosening up.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
My seat clunks as well, been meaning to call the dealer to get it remedied. If you grab the seat cusion and shake it a bit you can watch the supports pop in and out underneath. Almost like it was a quick weld that broke.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
Same issue on my Pro.
I slide seat forward and back a few times, then lock in position. Knock goes away for a few days, then I repeat.
I think it's the seat track locking mechanism loosening up.
My 2016 F150 had an issue with the seat loosening in the tracks, but this shifting movement feels like it's actually below the floor board, not in the seat.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
My 2016 F150 had an issue with the seat loosening in the tracks, but this shifting movement feels like it's actually below the floor board, not in the seat.
Like a lost 10mm socket ? LOL

petewatts

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
I’m hearing the same problem on the passenger side in my 2023 Platinum.
Sponsored