• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Why would one need a remote start for an EV?
Zero degrees, blizzard conditions, detached garages far from the house, it's nice to enter a pre-warmed truck.
Sponsored

deserthi

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Tech
I don't see any way in the app to adjust the temperature to heat the truck. Do you just have the heat adjusted before turning the truck off so the it uses the same setting when you remote start it?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I don't see any way in the app to adjust the temperature to heat the truck. Do you just have the heat adjusted before turning the truck off so the it uses the same setting when you remote start it?
Two options in the truck, last used or Automatic, I leave mine on automatic, when the remote start or departure timer are used, the cabin temp is warmed in winter or cooled in summer to approx 72° or you can use ~last used~ whatever setting you last left it at.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
I've had coworkers literally bake cookies in their car in the summer here in Phoenix. I haven't had the Lightning over summer yet, but I recorded the inside of my MachE at 165F IIRC last summer. I'll throw the oven thermometer in the truck in July and report back. I didn't realize how great remote start was till I had it, now I think it's a requirement.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I've had coworkers literally bake cookies in their car in the summer here in Phoenix. I haven't had the Lightning over summer yet, but I recorded the inside of my MachE at 165F IIRC last summer. I'll throw the oven thermometer in the truck in July and report back. I didn't realize how great remote start was till I had it, now I think it's a requirement.
Really curious, at what temp and how your MachE started to cool the battery when parked at those temps. My truck didn't seem to do anything in the sun in 90s but when I turned it on, it went bananas trying to cool.

Last edited:

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Really curious, at what temp and how your MachE started to cool the battery when parked at those temps. My truck didn't seem to do anything in the sun in 90s but when I turned it of went bananas trying to cool.
I think at about 110+ If it was plugged in while parked the battery cooler would amp up. The first time it happened I was working from my home office which is about 30 ft from the driveway and couldn't figure out what the fan noise was. Finally walked out there and it sounded like the AC was going full blast. It would usually kick on for 15-20 minutes, then shut off for a half hour or so till it cooled back down. After seeing how the truck will do similar at lower temps, but quietly, I wonder how much cooling was going on that I couldn't hear. I'll be sure to pay attention to the truck this summer.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I think at about 110+ If it was plugged in while parked the battery cooler would amp up. The first time it happened I was working from my home office which is about 30 ft from the driveway and couldn't figure out what the fan noise was. Finally walked out there and it sounded like the AC was going full blast. It would usually kick on for 15-20 minutes, then shut off for a half hour or so till it cooled back down. After seeing how the truck will do similar at lower temps, but quietly, I wonder how much cooling was going on that I couldn't hear. I'll be sure to pay attention to the truck this summer.
Please do share when the time comes.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Or recognize the phone or FOB that the person is unlocking the drivers door with.
You mean similar to Subaru? I get in my wife’s car and it knows it is me and adjusts everything to my preferences.

Lesrice13

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LIGHTENING LARIAT
Occupation
Construction
To warm the vehicle up on cold days. It turns on the seat heaters and the temperature you have selected for you preconditioning

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
The Lightning fob doesn’t have a “Start” button. They used that position for the frunk.
With the Start-X plug and play kit, you can 100% remote start with the keyfob. It's the primary reason I installed it. It simply uses a lock-unlock-lock command sequence:

https://amzn.to/4cmYm57

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
With the Start-X plug and play kit, you can 100% remote start with the keyfob. It's the primary reason I installed it. It simply uses a lock-unlock-lock command sequence:

https://amzn.to/4cmYm57

Since it can be done in FP, I only see that as being useful if you spend time in areas with no cellular connectivity. It’s nice to have the option, though!
Sponsored