• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Comma AI self driver assistant

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
I spent about 6 hours yesterday writing and testing anti ping pong logic. It’s a more difficult problem to solve than it sounds like. I have something that works okay, but right now it violates Comma’s safety rules, so I have to work on getting back inside of those, then I can get some volunteers for testing.
Sponsored

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Geek Stuff
When I plug the Q4 harness in and turn on truck, get several faults. The only way I was able to get rid of the faults was by removing the harness. Any suggestions?

sr3jan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat
When I plug the Q4 harness in and turn on truck, get several faults. The only way I was able to get rid of the faults was by removing the harness. Any suggestions?
You'll get further faster if you take this question to the comma.ai discord.

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Geek Stuff
You'll get further faster if you take this question to the comma.ai discord.
Working on that, but do not have acces atm. Locked out of my discord account.

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Working on that, but do not have acces atm. Locked out of my discord account.
You need a modified harness. Ajzride has a prototype made and it works. I'll have mine modified in a couple weeks. I can modify them for others once I'm comfortable with my own

Sponsored
OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
I just modified my q4 harness.

Ford F-150 Lightning Comma AI self driver assistant 20240402_191012

Ford F-150 Lightning Comma AI self driver assistant 20240402_174906(0)

LSUT1GER

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda Pilot Touring Elite, 2016 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Do you have the 22 Lariat Lightning ER or SR? I have a 23 Lariat Lighting SR and I already have 30K miles on my Lightning in a year. I am very interested in getting, using and testing the Comma AI self driver assistant (is this same as the comma 3X?) but I definitely would want to get the modified Q4 harness.

ThomasNC

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Government
I've had the Comma 3x the whole time I've had my Lightning and have been using Comma for years at this point. With the Lightning you do get errors when everything is connected but the unit is not booted up. It really is just an annoyance more than anything else.

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
I've had the Comma 3x the whole time I've had my Lightning and have been using Comma for years at this point. With the Lightning you do get errors when everything is connected but the unit is not booted up. It really is just an annoyance more than anything else.
Agreed but you will get hard codes sent to Ford a lot. The issues show up on my ford pass occasionally.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
https://github.com/commaai/openpilot/issues/30302

This is what I found on GitHub. I definitely would pay someone to make me a customed harness.
I don't mind making harneses for people. I want to test this one on my truck to confirm the function then I'll perform modifications. Keep in mind the risks involved in modifying our vehicles. I'll probably draft a disclaimer and release of liability. I don't need the money at this point but I'll be charging around $100 for each harness to cover materials and my time. I'll try to arrange a core charge to make things quicker but I'll need to purchase a couple of new harnesses first.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
You can also reach out to @Ajzride. He has a queue but is making them for forum members at cost (roughly $50).

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
For those who are making these lengthened harnesses...are you getting the connectors from Mouser?

The Q4 harness I got from Comma looks like some of the connector shells were 3D printed....which is interesting.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Also, from what I've read over on the github thread...the mod of the Q4 harness to 9 Ft avoids the CAN reflections issue entirely? Is that correct?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Also, from what I've read over on the github thread...the mod of the Q4 harness to 9 Ft avoids the CAN reflections issue entirely? Is that correct?
The custom harness @Ajzride makes successfully mitigates all errors (from what I've read/seen). I'll have my modified harness (hopefully) this upcoming week and can report more.
Sponsored