• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Defect Report - Trips missing from My EV Driving history.

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Defect report for @Ford Motor Company:
When I check "My EV driving" in the Ford Pass app, there are some trips missing. I have been commuting to and from the office Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday this week, but there is no morning trip on Tuesday.
Also, I noticed the mileage is incorrect for my trip into the office this morning. The distance is 15 miles, but the My EV Driving reports it as 30 miles. and calculated the efficiency at about 2X what it should be at 3.6 mi/kwh (should be more like 1.8 in the cold).
This is a software defect somewhere in the truck, the App, or the servers behind the scenes. Please get his defect on your software team's backlog to fix. Thanks.
Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
You aren't the only one with missing trips. Mine gets more than half, but not much more.

Jer

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Lightning Lariat,‘21 Bronco, ‘17 F350, ‘76 K20
Occupation
IT
Same here. Just skips trips for some reason. For sure hit or miss.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
It has been hap hazard at best, but several of us have discovered that the Ford Pass only reports when you clear this trip, and to clear this trip, you need to keep your foot on the brake while switching off the truck at the end of the drive segment.

Unfortunately after updating android mobile with FP 4.23.0, it's not giving me any report for this evenings drive, even when following the above process. Banging head against wall

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL

Sponsored

Dolio

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow Carbonized Gray
That's interesting. It makes me wonder if/which OBDII dataloggers folks have been using with their lightning? Can anyone point me the the appropriate thread(s) for that topic?

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring

Rbert

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla model S
I have noticed this too. I thought software updates would fix this, but not yet. I drove two 80 mile segments this week, neither of those trips showed up, but 10-15 mile drives show up. Maybe Ford will figure this out soon and software update it?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I have noticed this too. I thought software updates would fix this, but not yet. I drove two 80 mile segments this week, neither of those trips showed up, but 10-15 mile drives show up. Maybe Ford will figure this out soon and software update it?
Did you do preconditioning or remote start to warm up the truck immediately prior to the long trip?

It seems that when I allow for a 15+ minute delay of departure, waiting past the programmed departure time or when the remote start session stops, the trip data is more likely to be logged. The times I forget to build in this buffer, then I usually see a missing log entry.

IMHO Ford needs to iron out the logic glitches with this issue once and for all.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Mine are still very haphazard. I trying to always take my foot off the brake, apply parking brake, and then turn off, but even then some don't show up. Or I'll fail to have the My Trip reset, and it will log a double trip. I always go in and delete any log that looks like it has bad data. I think it uses an average of those in the GOM estimate. My estimate went down after a couple road trips that dropped my avg m/kWh. It's been about a month since then and I'm seeing a bigger range estimate again.
Sponsored