• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Departure and comfort not working

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
240, 40 amps. I have whole-house monitoring, and saw the full draw occurring. When I say it had no effect on range, I mean that a pretty low number was indicated as my range at 85%, and after preheating for 20 min, it still indicated the same range at 85% when I left.
If you're setting a departure time in cold weather, it should take a lot longer than 20 minutes. I don't use them often, but last March mine took 1 hour and 18 minutes
Sponsored

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
If you're setting a departure time in cold weather, it should take a lot longer than 20 minutes. I don't use them often, but last March mine took 1 hour and 18 minutes
At around noon, I set it for 4:50pm. It didn't kick on until about 4:20pm according to my home power use. It was 38F outside.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
At around noon, I set it for 4:50pm. It didn't kick on until about 4:20pm according to my home power use. It was 38F outside.
If it's 20 degrees, you'll likely find it takes longer. That also depends on the charger - if you have an 80amp charger it likely will warm it faster than a 30 amp charger, but I haven't tested that.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
It works when I set a departure time, but the steering wheel not heating is so annoying, how can their stuff be this buggy? It won't work again until the truck has sat like an hour and completely gone to sleep. I made a few stops yesterday and it didn't work the entire time, but when I had a longer stop, the wheel heated again for the drive home.

Also, pre-heating seemed to have zero effect on range.
Hello there! If you'd like, I can look into this concern for you. Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Today Departure and Comfort was a No-Go

But my steering wheel heated right up!

Sponsored

OB121

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch, 2019 Expedition
How many miles have you and will you drive today?

If you need the range might have to start earlier during the higher rate period, assuming you're using an advantageous schedule for TOU-charging/conditioning-battery & cabin warming optimization.
So I turned OFF my home charge location time of use restriction and set it to charge anytime. I have not been charging at home since installing the FCSP at work in July. Now today the truck started on schedule and warmed up so I think there may be an issue with charge location settings and scheduled departure time with truck not plugged in.

Leaving work departure time start has been fine without a miss and that charge location is set to charge anytime. Always unplugged at that time also so far.

Strangatang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
I changed some settings in comfort and departure and it worked perfectly today. Hoping trend continues tomorrow. I will say my problems started after the last software updates. There’s several features that worked before, but since The software update they’ve had to be reset

walanis

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Hey, wanted to bring back this forum since for the first time last night I setup the departure and comfort to turn on at 6:50am because I leave the house at 7am. So I was giving it a 10 minute time to condition. But when at around 6:40am I went to the garage and head the AC fan on. So I checked the car and it was already cool. I have no idea at what time the AC started.

My question is, does the car start the precondition a few minutes earlier than the time you setup so that its ready by that time, or should it start the precondition at the time you set it up?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Hey, wanted to bring back this forum since for the first time last night I setup the departure and comfort to turn on at 6:50am because I leave the house at 7am. So I was giving it a 10 minute time to condition. But when at around 6:40am I went to the garage and head the AC fan on. So I checked the car and it was already cool. I have no idea at what time the AC started.

My question is, does the car start the precondition a few minutes earlier than the time you setup so that its ready by that time, or should it start the precondition at the time you set it up?
You set it to the time you want to depart. That’s why it’s called “Departure time.”

walanis

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
That was what I thought, but since the car was cooling before the time I had setup (6:50am) then it confused me and so I thought that maybe the car started earlier so that it would be ready by 6:50am.

Anyways I'll check tomorrow morning and see if it happens again since I set the whole week to precondition at 6:50am.

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
That was what I thought, but since the car was cooling before the time I had setup (6:50am) then it confused me and so I thought that maybe the car started earlier so that it would be ready by 6:50am.

Anyways I'll check tomorrow morning and see if it happens again since I set the whole week to precondition at 6:50am.
I think there's some misunderstanding there. The time you set is the time it will be cooled/warmed and ready to go at. it preconditions slowly, so it has to start before the time you set. If you want to leave at 7am, then set that as your time and it will kick on well before that to make sure it's at temp and ready to go at 7am.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think there's some misunderstanding there. The time you set is the time it will be cooled/warmed and ready to go at. it preconditions slowly, so it has to start before the time you set. If you want to leave at 7am, then set that as your time and it will kick on well before that to make sure it's at temp and ready to go at 7am.
Correct. The time it needs to precondition will vary based on the ambient temp. In the dead of winter, it can take an hour to warm up the battery.

walanis

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
That was my question and my confusion. So it does start before so that it be ready by the time you set up as your departure.

Thanks

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That was my question and my confusion. So it does start before so that it be ready by the time you set up as your departure.

Thanks
And how much in advance the conditioning starts will depend on how extreme the ambient temp is.

walanis

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
And how much in advance the conditioning starts will depend on how extreme the ambient temp is.
Understood. Thanks for clearing things up.
Sponsored