• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Departure and comfort not working

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Ahhh the cold season is upon us and it's time to start monitoring this thread again, I'm curious if any updates we received recently have fixed the heated steering wheel failure after the departure time has completed and the first drive cycle has commenced, anyone tried this out lately?

I haven't used preconditioning all spring & summer, but might go back to the routine when deep winter set's in.
Sponsored

Strangatang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
I turned off preconditioning and made sure all temp settings were off and yet my truck keeps on warming up everyday. Nice during the summer to have a warmed seat and steering wheel….

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I turned off preconditioning and made sure all temp settings were off and yet my truck keeps on warming up everyday. Nice during the summer to have a warmed seat and steering wheel….
Have you verified that it’s off in the truck and not just FordPass?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I need to shut it off in 2 different places?
The setting in the truck is what controls it. Sometimes, FordPass settings don’t get transferred to the truck. I only set departure times in the truck - FP isn’t reliable.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi, Dan. I can take a closer look into your Lightning comfort concerns if you'd like. Can you send us a private message with your VIN and the dealership name/location? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Ahhh the cold season is upon us and it's time to start monitoring this thread again, I'm curious if any updates we received recently have fixed the heated steering wheel failure after the departure time has completed and the first drive cycle has commenced, anyone tried this out lately?

I haven't used preconditioning all spring & summer, but might go back to the routine when deep winter set's in.
I tried it today…and it WORKED! first time ever. Had heated steering wheel all the way home from work after preconditioning.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I tried it today…and it WORKED! first time ever. Had heated steering wheel all the way home from work after preconditioning.
Not for me. Still no heated steering wheel when using departure times. Same issue as last year and I’m fairly current on updates. I’m a 8/15/22 build ER lariat.

the setting of the departure time ~20 minute early than actual departure isn’t even working so far.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I'm going to test ontime departure time, if that fails, I'll try a 25 minute advanced time on Wednesday.

Both will be run while unplugged.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
This mornings test was a success, set for 0800 hrs departure, actually got in the truck around 0805 the truck remained on standby (Push to Start) message on drivers cluster, the cabin, seat and steering wheel was warm, fired her up and away we went, the wheel remain on and warm the whole drive.

This positive result, negates the anticipated 25 minute offset test on Wednesday morning

I will do another "on-time" test but with the truck plugged into the EVSE, getting the energy for pre-conditioning from the grid instead of the truck battery. I'm hoping it behaves the same as today, warm everything when ready to go.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I've been using departure to cool the truck when I leave work (still high 90's here). Haven't had a problem with it (just me sometimes turning departure off and forgetting to turn it back on).

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
This mornings test was a success, set for 0800 hrs departure, actually got in the truck around 0805 the truck remained on standby (Push to Start) message on drivers cluster, the cabin, seat and steering wheel was warm, fired her up and away we went, the wheel remain on and warm the whole drive.

This positive result, negates the anticipated 25 minute offset test on Wednesday morning

I will do another "on-time" test but with the truck plugged into the EVSE, getting the energy for pre-conditioning from the grid instead of the truck battery. I'm hoping it behaves the same as today, warm everything when ready to go.
Weird, I did the same test while plugged in. I had it unplugged and then plugged in at 0705. I had my departure set for 0730. I can see that I sucked ~1kwh of energy in 30 minutes for the precondition. My heated steering wheel was set to on, but was not warm at all, and never gave me control during the drive. The rest of the cabin and my seat was warm as desired.

I will adjust to 0700 departure tomorrow, while plugged in and see how it fairs, my actual departure will be 0730.

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Well I tried it again today, after it worked fine yesterday, and the steering heat didn't work, so I'm at a loss. It also didn't work when I turned it on manually, just like it used to do.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
This morning the truck was on the EVSE [FCSP]
No warm steering wheel, everything else was great, cabin and seats toasty warm.
If it's within ~20 minutes after scheduled departure time the manual switching of heated wheel remains inhibited, only after the truck has been shut off beyond that time frame does it resume working, just like last season. I guess the fix for this is still pending for the future.

Fordpass Status-----------------

Ford F-150 Lightning Departure and comfort not working 1697634198643

Emporia measured start 0741 for 0800 departure
Snap shot is 0806 just before I unplugged @0808
Ford F-150 Lightning Departure and comfort not working 1697634387454

Total energy 2.07 kWh or 53 cents to warm up.
{4 miles of range conserved from the battery}
Ford F-150 Lightning Departure and comfort not working 1697634551891

derm

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 Sport 4x4; Ordered F-150 Lighting Larit
What are the outside temperatures you want precondition before departure?
Winter is coming in Southern VA and wondering if I really need to plan my a.m. departures if it is above freezing. I did watch a video that said the batteries are fine between 32 and 113 degrees.

I work from home and only go into the office occasionally, and that is usually anytime before noon. never consistent.
Sponsored

Last edited: