• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Departure and comfort not working

Shigoku

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 Lariat, 2022 Lighting Lariat ER
Occupation
Shellfish
I've tried several times now to set comfort level and departure times. Monday through Friday. Can't make it work. I've tried setting it through my Ford App and also directly on the console. Press save and it does save. Only problem is it doesn't do anything. I've tried the steering wheel reset of the console, but it didn't make any difference.
Is there some other setting I'm missing? fuse? master reset?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OB121

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch, 2019 Expedition
Is the truck plugged in, I think it needs to be for that?

Captain337

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning PRO
Same. I’ve configured and saved departure time/cabin temp and it does nothing whether or not the truck is plugged in.
Can anyone confirm that departure/comfort is working for them, not just how it’s supposed to work?

OP
OP

Shigoku

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Shellfish
Yes, I had it plugged in. Good question.

OB121

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch, 2019 Expedition
The evse may have a time of use restriction setup? I have a Juicebox that can be set to do that and it would probably prevent the vehicle from taking current for the departure.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Mine is working. Only issue I seem to be having is that the heated steering wheel won't work after pre-conditioning. Works other times though.

Captain337

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning PRO
Interesting note about the EVSE ToU restriction. I have a dumb charger (Grizzl-e) but maybe the truck’s configured preferred charge time window is conflicting with departure settings. I’ll test it out. It may be that if I my charge time is 10pm-6am and my departure time isn’t until 7am, the truck does nothing to keep from drawing power from the EVSE outside of preferred charging time.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Interesting note about the EVSE ToU restriction. I have a dumb charger (Grizzl-e) but maybe the truck’s configured preferred charge time window is conflicting with departure settings. I’ll test it out. It may be that if I my charge time is 10pm-6am and my departure time isn’t until 7am, the truck does nothing to keep from drawing power from the EVSE outside of preferred charging time.
If I was a betting man, I bet this is your issue.

If 6am is a constraint on peak vs off-peak...you may need to sacrifice some on peak charge time to condition the truck.

XLT Jeffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning XLT SR
Mine is working. Haven't tried with heat or cooling yet.

Did you try with setting to allow if unplugged?
Ford F-150 Lightning Departure and comfort not working Screenshot_20221011-111504_FordPass

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Shouldn't you pre-condition using shore power (plugged into charger) ?

Helps with maximizing power to the batteries instead of drawing from them ?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Shigoku

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Shellfish
I'll check my preferred charge time settings. I never set them, but perhaps the truck came preprogrammed that way.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Mine has been working fine, connected to FCSP

My charging strategy is 9pm over midnight to 1pm following day so that accommodates preconditioning, but the FCSP makes power available and awaits the trucks command to activate the circuit and charge / precondition.

Last Friday I had already reached my target SOC of 95%, the truck remained connected and not driven Saturday, Sunday morning at the appointed time of my preconditioning schedule the truck started warming up at 8:05 and finished by 8:25 departure time, the Mrs. wanted to hit the road by 8:30

I headed out to get the truck out of the garage at 8:25, cabin, seats and wheel was toasty warm.

Make sure to select the preferred Cabin Temperature setting, COOL, MEDIUM, WARM or OFF

PS: it only required 2KW to do this on Sunday, love tracking the Lightnings consumption on the Garage stand-alone meter.

Last edited:

MBM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Shouldn't you pre-condition using shore power (plugged into charger) ?

Helps with maximizing power to the batteries instead of drawing from them ?
I’ve been preconditioning when plugged in as well as not plugged in. I feel like even without it plugged in the battery and motors will be closer to operating temperature rather than a cold start and driving away. Temps in the 40’s, I’m only losing a few miles of range preconditioning unplugged.

I agree though, makes sense to be doing it while plugged in whenever possible.

OP
OP

Shigoku

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Shellfish
Working! I went through the setting again and just toggled them off and on again. I did not see any errors in the settings though. I only changed the allow the remote start button to "on".
I ended up not plugged-in last night and lo and behold, my truck was pre-warmed. Really not sure what happened. Tonight, I'll be "plugged in" and I'll see if it works that way too, as it should. :unsure:

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I would think that 'pre conditioning' has nothing to do with whether the vehicle is plugged in or not... pre conditioning is to turn on either heat or air conditioning, etc., to get it ready for you to use, comfortably, but not so much for the 'battery' conditioning... and should work just the same to 'pre condition' the cab for when you leave work, etc., when the truck would not be plugged in.

I think Tesla uses 'pre-conditioning' for the BATTERY when it knows you are close to arriving at a SUPERCHARGER, for better battery charging... which might be confused with 'cab' pre conditioning.
Sponsored