• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
Now run a PMI on the IPC and report back.
PMI of IPC still fails. Software Part number is still incorrect by one letter (-CPB instead of -CPC)

I had a backup of my IPC from stock. I went through every bit and made sure there are no more forecan changes.

EDIT:

My Forscan changes keep repopulating themselves somehow.

EDIT EDIT:

It appears running "Module Configuration" Was what restored my changes. I won't be running that again.

EDIT EDIT EDIT

You know you are screwed when all of your google searches lead you back to your own forum posts.
Sponsored

Last edited:

abd79

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I have completed all updates and everything looks good for module data. When I go to the widget and look at the OTA Info it just has my schedule now. It used to have that and the failed 1.7.1 update info there. I am wondering if Ford now has me as fully updated in their servers and ready to receive future OTAs now. I am kinda hoping for a regular OTA to start coming out so I can test to see if I can receive OTAs again.
Mine still has the failed update info and I’m right up to date as well. Ford’s OTA system is broken I think, it sure isn’t perfect and I’m not sure when I’ll see mine clear. I guess I’ll just wait and see what and if there is any future OTAs and see if they try and get pushed to me.

Jaug

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Mine still has the failed update info and I’m right up to date as well. Ford’s OTA system is broken I think, it sure isn’t perfect and I’m not sure when I’ll see mine clear. I guess I’ll just wait and see what and if there is any future OTAs and see if they try and get pushed to me.
I got my stuff updated on 17 March so its been about a week. I have always had the 1.7.1 fail info until today.

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
I have completed all updates and everything looks good for module data. When I go to the widget and look at the OTA Info it just has my schedule now. It used to have that and the failed 1.7.1 update info there. I am wondering if Ford now has me as fully updated in their servers and ready to receive future OTAs now. I am kinda hoping for a regular OTA to start coming out so I can test to see if I can receive OTAs again.
my OTA status also has changed to this. No more failure message.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Looks like all of my updates are complete. Rev 364. I wasn’t getting cameras at speed or side IOD but the IPMA module reset in forscan brought them up for me. Unfortunately I’m still missing hitch views at speed despite my forscan data looking good. Not sure why. Hopefully it’s an isolated issue that self resolves.

Sponsored

eefiv1

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PowerBoost (On Order)
Occupation
IT
Hey guys, been watching this thread since the begining. I have a 2021 Job 1 PowerBoost. Like many of you I am trying to get the BC working. Have done many many updates today/tonight with my mongoose. No issues. But I have a GWM update that just will not take. The message is:

Procedure Unsuccesful - InitializeCommsHardware

Could not communicate with the VCM.
This is most likely a data issue.

Based on other advice in this thread for that error I reset the module in Forscan, several times, but no luck. This might be holding up the elusive BC update I think too.

Any thoughts would be awesome. I love this forum. You guys are great!

FordConvert

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Builder
Mongoose arrived today. After reading today’s posts I’m feeling gun-shy due to FORScan changes in the past - adaptive headlights, gauge temps, double honk, door chime.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Eng
Mongoose arrived today. After reading today’s posts I’m feeling gun-shy due to FORScan changes in the past - adaptive headlights, gauge temps, double honk, door chime.
probably need to undo those.

FordConvert

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Builder
probably need to undo those.
Is it safe to follow this method to undo changes? Have original backups but otherwise don’t know what specifics were changed.

EDIT: DO NOT USE THIS METHOD TO ROLL BACK FORSCAN CHANGES

Last edited:

Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Im pretty sure I am up date even with sync versions. I too dont see that failed 1.7.1 fails in the ota code. I’ve been having multiple conversations with the Ford Ota dept and they said bluntly, you will not get any ota updates till we fix the orig 1.7.1 error. They said they are rolling out in waves till supposedly end of this month.
Also have a case file with the FP dept.
Since got bc to show up and not function properly, they are well aware of the issue.
If you have it now, but no perty blue welcome screen, log onto your web dashboard and go to your connected services page. Bc is there for activation for 600 bux plus tax for 3 years even though your FP app confirmed your one year trial and your 3 year nav subscription is no longer active and shown pending activation . They are working on a fix because they fubared it. Suppose to hear back in 3-5 days.

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
PMI of IPC still fails. Software Part number is still incorrect by one letter (-CPB instead of -CPC)

I had a backup of my IPC from stock. I went through every bit and made sure there are no more forecan changes.

EDIT:

My Forscan changes keep repopulating themselves somehow.

EDIT EDIT:

It appears running "Module Configuration" Was what restored my changes. I won't be running that again.

EDIT EDIT EDIT

You know you are screwed when all of your google searches lead you back to your own forum posts.
I'm tagging @Jesse-Infotainment & @iceman77 for their thoughts on this. So far you've reverted your FORScan changes and the DTC was resolved for the configuration issue but, a PMI hasn't worked and the update no longer shows in the SW tab correct?

Last edited:

eefiv1

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PowerBoost (On Order)
Occupation
IT
Hey guys, been watching this thread since the begining. I have a 2021 Job 1 PowerBoost. Like many of you I am trying to get the BC working. Have done many many updates today/tonight with my mongoose. No issues. But I have a GWM update that just will not take. The message is:

Procedure Unsuccesful - InitializeCommsHardware

Could not communicate with the VCM.
This is most likely a data issue.

Based on other advice in this thread for that error I reset the module in Forscan, several times, but no luck. This might be holding up the elusive BC update I think too.

Any thoughts would be awesome. I love this forum. You guys are great!
Nevermind, I gave up for the night and just let everything sit. This morning the update went without a hitch.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Eng
I'm tagging @Jesse-Infotainment & @iceman77 for their thoughts on this. So far you've reverted your FORScan changes and the DTC was resolved for the configuration issue but, a PMI hasn't worked and the update no longer shows in the SW tab correct?
That is correct, and the software P/N for F188 is still wrong, I believe that is why the PMI fails and why the SW update won't show up.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Eng
Is it safe to follow this method to undo changes? Have original backups but otherwise don’t know what specifics were changed.

It's probably safe to do it that way since you haven't made the OTA updates yet, but there is a chance something could still be different. You an actually open those ABT files up in a text editor and see what the values were, and compare them to what is in for scan now.

There is a utility linked below that you can use to make the ABT files a little easier to read:

https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10099
Sponsored