• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Slappy McGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
No I used FDRS. Shut the truck down, walked away for a few hours, started a new FDRS session, then ran self tests on the modules giving me the U3000 (happened on IPC and GWM for me). After one or two self tests the codes all cleared. I also had the immediate engine off on my last GWM update. Again, left for the night and came back in the morning when it worked fine.
I had something similar on a GWM update where it would start the update and then immediately drop out with a communications error. I let it "rest" for a few hours to no avail, but an overnight wait finally solved it.

I've seen a couple things "self-correct" overnight, so I wonder if the trucks get new data from the mothership. My completely speculative theory is that FDRS sends the module update info to Ford, and then an overnight batch at Ford modifies the "as-built" info and it's loaded to the truck either OTA or during the next FDRS network scan.

That's why some problems aren't solved by the "long nap" and only fixed from the "overnight sleep." This is based on how I've seen other non-Ford systems work so a speculative theory that could be completely wrong.
Sponsored

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Wow. This is really weird. I have had a digital owner’s manual under the Features tab for as long as I can remember. I think mine came with the truck. You must have missed a lot of stuff in the period you were locked down and it’s only now just getting to you. There could be more coming.
I had the manual before, they just updated it. Probably BC stuff if I had to guess.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4Ă—4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I don't think there '21 Job 1 truck manuals had any details in them about BlueCruise. The update for the owners manual might send down an updated file that has more information on that now that trucks are updated.

EDIT: Just logged in to Ford's site and looked and there is a second printing of the manual for Job 1 trucks and it has a section on BlueCruise which wasn't in the initial manual I downloaded. Not sure what else may have changed.

Last edited:

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
Anyone getting this “add camera” icon? Trailer camera maybe?

686E87FD-B3B0-4F9F-867F-2D03E4E6199F.jpeg
BB6401CF-1525-4AAE-98C3-D18A0E407C96.jpeg
Yes this is for the trailer camera option in Ford Accessories. Only thing is you may need to check your rear trailer connector to see if it has all the wires populated as a lot of the Job 1 and some Job 2 trucks only had 2 wires populated. If you only have the two wires in the connector then the rear harness needs to be replaced which is around $100.

Sponsored

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
Since the Mongoose is sold out now, has anyone come up with ideas on how we can share among members? I have one sitting on my shelf that I likely will not need again in the forseeable future, maybe once or twice a year to do updates would be a guess. I don't mind helping people out with it but I also don't want to just give away an expensive tool.

If anyone has suggestions or past experience with something like this, I would love to hear them.

Ruffiano99

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Sounds like we need to start a spreadsheet of members in each state with a mongoose willing to rent or loan out theirs.

jmm3807

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seasavvyaquarium.com
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Occupation
Business Owner
My OTAs are back online now that I’ve fully updated 2 weeks or so ago to BC and latest APIM.
Uncertain on any changes.
Went out to truck, and it said update successful. Details: digital owners manual.

Note: I’ve always had the digital owners manual option in the display.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 7BA163E2-8192-4C35-8797-486420E69558

Last edited:

travbz24

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Anyone seeing a new DSM update?

Not sure what it entails, but not wanting to go through the whole running boards not working again situation.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS DSM Update.PNG

Sponsored

Ruffiano99

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Anyone seeing a new DSM update?

Not sure what it entails, but not wanting to go through the whole running boards not working again situation.

DSM Update.PNG
I did it last night. My running boards are fine.

mschiraldi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport 2.7 SCREW
Is there a way to check if you have updates availble for your modules via FDRS? I am not a current FDRS user, just had TSB 22-2117 addressed at my dealer and not sure if they updated all the modules. Appreciate the help.

Brad34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302a 3.5 Ecoboost Screw
Since the Mongoose is sold out now, has anyone come up with ideas on how we can share among members? I have one sitting on my shelf that I likely will not need again in the forseeable future, maybe once or twice a year to do updates would be a guess. I don't mind helping people out with it but I also don't want to just give away an expensive tool.

If anyone has suggestions or past experience with something like this, I would love to hear them.
It's going to be a leap of faith no matter what. I don't see any meaningful way of really protecting yourself if you send yours out. It's an honor system. You could require some kind of deposit, but then the borrower is taking a leap of faith that they will actually receive the Mongoose and their deposit will be returned after they send it back. Only sending to established members of the forum would help somewhat, but obviously no guarantees.

I am definitely interested in doing some kind of loan "program" if anyone is willing. I am new on this forum but am well established on the F150 forum under the same Brad34 name.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
It's going to be a leap of faith no matter what. I don't see any meaningful way of really protecting yourself if you send yours out. It's an honor system. You could require some kind of deposit, but then the borrower is taking a leap of faith that they will actually receive the Mongoose and their deposit will be returned after they send it back. Only sending to established members of the forum would help somewhat, but obviously no guarantees.

I am definitely interested in doing some kind of loan "program" if anyone is willing. I am new on this forum but am well established on the F150 forum under the same Brad34 name.
I've had two "members" with accounts created literally minutes before I got messaged asking if they could borrow my adapter here in Houston. Sorry I'm not loaning to someone who just did that, don't care if you are a lurker for years. Have some solid post history and I'm down to loan.

Edit - @Brad34 I don't mean that as a knock against you at all, I was just making a general statement :)

Brad34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302a 3.5 Ecoboost Screw
I've had two "members" with accounts created literally minutes before I got messaged asking if they could borrow my adapter here in Houston. Sorry I'm not loaning to someone who just did that, don't care if you are a lurker for years. Have some solid post history and I'm down to loan.

Edit - @Brad34 I don't mean that as a knock against you at all, I was just making a general statement :)
Absolutely not taken as a knock at all. No way I'd send out a $500 piece of equipment to someone who just signed up.

As for myself, if anyone is a member of the other forum, you can message me there and confirm I am who I say I am.
Sponsored