• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
Picked up the Lightning today, prototypes are in progress. They did add the ICE F-150 shocks to the front for leveling, looks good to me. Rides a bit stiffer but has taken care of the bounce for sure. I’ll be driving this week and providing feedback on these. They informed me that OE ICE shocks came in at 500 lbs/in vs the Lightning 580 lbs/in, so the available Eibach leveling shocks should handle it appropriately. The lift from the front ranges from 0-2 inches. Stay tuned!
Are they looking at their options to go raise, level, lower, or all of the above... Just wondering if they need a 2nd tester. Cough. Cough. Looking to level, but ideally by lowering. If you got any sway(bar), throw my name in their hat please.
Sponsored

jredondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Picked up the Lightning today, prototypes are in progress. They did add the ICE F-150 shocks to the front for leveling, looks good to me. Rides a bit stiffer but has taken care of the bounce for sure. I’ll be driving this week and providing feedback on these. They informed me that OE ICE shocks came in at 500 lbs/in vs the Lightning 580 lbs/in, so the available Eibach leveling shocks should handle it appropriately. The lift from the front ranges from 0-2 inches. Stay tuned!

1F84A879-B83C-45A4-A51B-6AA0047BAE1B.jpeg
Is this the lower truck?

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Is this the lower truck?
No, it’s just a front level with ICE shocks. The lowered, lift and Lightning specific level is being worked on. These were just thrown on to see if it would help the bounce while also raising the front a bit, there is still a bit of rake which will be gone once the Lightnings specific kit is done.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Are they looking at their options to go raise, level, lower, or all of the above... Just wondering if they need a 2nd tester. Cough. Cough. Looking to level, but ideally by lowering. If you got any sway(bar), throw my name in their hat please.
All of the above.

Sponsored
OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
They give you any timeline on next steps? Kinda excited for something to come out to fix this rake look other than a front level.
It should be 4-8 weeks, we are heading into the 4th week since I picked up so hopefully soon.

Sponsored

Rob G

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GV60 Sport, Bronco BL Sasquatch, Taycan 4S
Occupation
Retired
I’m getting a bit anxious. I’d like a level using new shocks. Is also like beefier sidewall on 18” wheels.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Many years ago when I fiddled more with my vehicles, I swapped out the stock rubber swaybar bushings with polyurethane bushings. Made a big difference. One might argue, if you are going to the effort to swap the bushings, why not get a bigger sway bar.
Depends on how sensitive the car is. You could go with stiffer bushings which can give you better feel by eliminating some play, but not necessarily a bigger bar that might increase torsional rigidity or induce over/understeer.

ScubaSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum, 2021 GT500, 2017 Focus RS
Occupation
Sales
Has anyone lowered the rear to level?
Just did mine... Dropped the rear about 3 inches. It's about all you can do before having serious camber issues. Rides great though!

Can't wait for someone to come out with a proper drop kit for it... I want it lower!

Ford F-150 Lightning Eibach R&D for Lightning lowering kit, leveling kit and lift kit -- submit your input 20230116_165206
Sponsored