• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Downs08

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning, 22 E Transit, 22 Lexus RX350L
Occupation
Cabinet sales and installation
I was able to get a hold of the prototype lowering springs. I am thinking of lowering the truck just to give some feedback.

Only hesitation I’m having is my wheel and Tire setup, I’m thinking because of the width and offset (9.5 +15) it is going to rub. I’ll post pics comparing the lowering springs to the stock springs later.

The lift kit has been great! Very little change in range and the truck is very stable in corners, on the road, going through dips, rough patches, basically anything you throw at it.

I did put on my new tire and wheel setup which affected range, now to figure out whether it’s the tire or wheels spec that affects range the most.

IMG_2376.jpeg
Do you know the specs on the lowering springs? ie. amount of drop front and rear
Sponsored

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Do you know the specs on the lowering springs? ie. amount of drop front and rear
I'll ask but I believe its 3 or 4" in the rear and close to 1" in the front

Downs08

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning, 22 E Transit, 22 Lexus RX350L
Occupation
Cabinet sales and installation
That’s exactly what I’m wanting. Icon Vehicle Dynamics is supposed to have theirs with a month. I’m not sure if I’m willing to wait 4-5 months for Eibach’s.

Nick O'Teen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Platinum
I'll ask but I believe its 3 or 4" in the rear and close to 1" in the front
That sounds fantastic to me. I cannot wait to put a kit like that on my Platinum.

Last edited:

brtnstrns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Tacoma; 2022 Polestar 2 LRDM
Any new behind-the-scenes scoop on the lowering springs?

Sponsored
OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
lol……

They are in the final fitting stage, meaning they have a finished product just need to make sure every fits and works as intended .

As for the prototypes, the Stage 1 is outstanding…..

I’ll get the lowering springs installed on soon enough. The problem is I am not sure if 20x9.5 with OEM Spec tires will end up rubbing or not. I am also not willing to sacrifice the comfort level of the current setup. Give me a couple of weeks and I’ll have them installed to test them out.

Last edited:

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
Yeah, as far as I know
I am curious if Icon Vehicle Dynamics’ lift kit will be adjustable—several ICE F-150 kits are. Either way I am glad to see that Eibach has something for the Lightning’s weird IRS.

Sponsored

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Spoke with Icon, the suspension kit won't ship until November/December. Buts it's a ground up design and adjustable on the fly. Sounds nice. I'll bet it rides as well as any lowered suspension possible could. But $7k? OOOF.

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
Spoke with Icon, the suspension kit won't ship until November/December. Buts it's a ground up design and adjustable on the fly. Sounds nice. I'll bet it rides as well as any lowered suspension possible could. But $7k? OOOF.
I am hoping for a similar lift kit!
Sponsored