• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I have Eibach Stage 1 Springs and Shocks.
Did you need the Spring/Shock package to get a better ride or just the shocks? I don't need it lifted (although an inch or two wouldn't hurt), I just want a firmer ride with less bounce.
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Did you need the Spring/Shock package to get a better ride or just the shocks? I don't need it lifted (although an inch or two wouldn't hurt), I just want a firmer ride with less bounce.
The shocks themselves will improve your ride with stock springs.

FYI, these are not going to ride like stock. They are a bit stiffer but will eliminate that terrible bounce when hitting dips at speed. They are not uncomfortable neither, to me they are just right.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
The shocks themselves will improve your ride with stock springs.

FYI, these are not going to ride like stock. They are a bit stiffer but will eliminate that terrible bounce when hitting dips at speed. They are not uncomfortable neither, to me they are just right.
So i feel kind of dumb but are these going to raise ride height on their own? or does the range just mean they will work in those height settings with the proper springs? Can I just get these shocks and set the front at 2" and rear to 0"? Truck suspension is a new game for me.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
So i feel kind of dumb but are these going to raise ride height on their own? or does the range just mean they will work in those height settings with the proper springs? Can I just get these shocks and set the front at 2" and rear to 0"? Truck suspension is a new game for me.
Unfortunately these shocks are not adjustable and will not raise the truck, you would need the springs for that.

That being said, while they were building the prototype shocks they replaced my front shocks with ICE F-150 adjustable fronts and those were excellent.

https://www.americantrucks.com/eiba...VfA2tBh2kjAPtEAQYASABEgJLdPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

MontanaLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
Bilstein rep expects the 22/23 MY shocks to be available Q1/Q2 of 2024.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ninjaybot

ninjaybot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
Unfortunately these shocks are not adjustable and will not raise the truck, you would need the springs for that.

That being said, while they were building the prototype shocks they replaced my front shocks with ICE F-150 adjustable fronts and those were excellent.

https://www.americantrucks.com/eibach-pro-truck-sport-front-shock-for-0-25-lift-1517-4wd-excluding-raptor.html?utm_campaign=ATF+F150+Brands+&+Vehicle+Low+LTVMiddle&dialogtech=ppc&utm_source=google-pla&utm_medium=shopping&T5_Var2=shopping&T5_Var3=red&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_ojuzcj7ggMVfA2tBh2kjAPtEAQYASABEgJLdPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
From what I’ve read, you have a few notches on the shock body that the snap ring goes on, allowing you to lift the truck with the stock springs.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
From what I’ve read, you have a few notches on the shock body that the snap ring goes on, allowing you to lift the truck with the stock springs.
Oh yeah just saw the posting again, I thought they would go with just basic shock, my mistake.

Ford F-150 Lightning Eibach shocks for Lightning is live on their website! IMG_0411

This is the rear. Makes sense since they can be used for lowering also.

Last edited:

MontanaLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
Bilstein said they are more partners with Eibach than competition. I thought that was interesting. I didn't ask for details.

Sponsored

Lolat

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2023 Volvo PHEV, 2000 Mercedes SL
Occupation
Retired
Interested, will follow

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
I'm the opposite, I'm a Lincoln guy and as comfortable as the Lightning is, I wish it had a softer suspension. On the highway and over minor jmperfections it's comfortable, but over larger bumps it's still quite harsh. I know it'll never be as supple as my Continental, but I do wish it was a bit floatier. 😕

GingerBear85

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER - Stone Metallic
Occupation
Construction
Really hoping this leads to a 2” suspension lift option!

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
Really hoping this leads to a 2” suspension lift option!
I have the eibachs as well. Up 2.9" in the front, no change to the rear. But because the front is up 2.9, the tailgate is actually 3/4" lower due to the rake being gone from the truck.

You can adjust the clips on the eibach shocks to have less lift and put a little rake back into it if you want.
Sponsored