• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FCSP keeps losing WIFI connection

LabPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I had the FCSP installed in Oct 2022 and while it charges flawlessly, it keeps dropping off the WIFI. It has received many updates since the installation and is currently on 2.112.77:2.135:1.18:0.39:0.48 but none has made any improvement. It may run for a couple days or a couple weeks before losing the WIFI connection. I can't seem to find any pattern. No power issues or internet issues when it losses it's WIFI connection.

A reset of the power to the FCSP will always reconnect it to the WIFI but since I also have the HIS installed from Sunrun this is much more complicated than just flipping a circuit breaker. The HIS supplies backup power to the FCSP so in addition to flipping the circuit breaker, I have to remove the FCSP cover (9 T20 screws) and then unplug the HIS backup power cable from the circuit board to reset the power.

I have an open case with Ford on this issue and following their advice moved the WIFI extender to within 2 feet of the FCSP but that hasn't improved the reliability. It was originally 15 feet away and Ford thought that might be too far away.

Most owners probably don't notice if the FCSP drops off the WIFI but the HIS won't work without the WIFI so for my installation it is critical.

Any advice?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
You've covered all that I had planned to investigate.

Side note, sometimes my FCSP is not reachable by the connected charge station feature in Fordpass, I attribute my issue with the instability of Fords cloud services / network backend. When that is the case, it's just a matter of waiting for them to get the service online.

Every time I've experienced the problem, I use my Ford Charge Station Pro setup utility to confirm if I can reach it via my wifi network, 90% of the time I can, if that's the case, then the problem is the ford cloud. When I can't reach it [10%] then a power cycle resolve my issue.

I don't have the HIS, I have no experience for there, hopefully others with one can help you streamline the power cycle process, maybe a different sequence of events, ie. what to shut off first, second, etc. might help?