• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FCSP - unable to connect to CSP wifi

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for all these tips, I'm still waiting for GRID power connection for my garage, but in the meantime, I tested the Xfinity X1 broadcast strength from the house to garage, I've got a very week signal, ordered an XFi-pod (2nd gen) to extend the signal from the house to the garage, hopefully it works, reading the above tips should make my first attempt a bit smoother thanks to pioneers like yourself!!
I used an old Netgear extender on my Xfinity system. Have had zero connectivity problems since.
Sponsored

wvlightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Ok when I was having my problems it was telling me it just said couldn't connect. It never straight up said password incorrect. Because if it just can't connect, it may actually be connecting. That is what happened to me.

PiMatrix

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I suggest try entering the password with a different device. I've seen it all. ;)

OP
OP
Fingerbang

Fingerbang

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER AntiMatter BLue
Occupation
IT
I suggest try entering the password with a different device. I've seen it all. ;)
Tried that, the extent of my frustration is immeasurable right now, especially with ZERO word from Ford on this

Last edited:

Sponsored

PiMatrix

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Tried that, the extent of my frustration is immeasurable right now, especially with 0 word from Ford on this
Some other SWAG to try while you wait for answers from Ford.

1) I just have to ask, when you get the wifi screen to enter password, make sure it is indeed connected to the FCSP network, it might preselect the wrong network while you are entering the password.

2) Another thing to try, Turn off cell data on phone before you connect to the FCSP.

3) After the FCSP is booted and wait appropriate 5 min. Try manually connecting to it in wifi settings before doing the setup app. The FCSP should appear in wifi settings even without the setup app.

4) Do you get exactly the same message if you intentionally enter a bad password as when you enter the correct password?

Good luck!

Misc Siemens notes -
  1. When the unit is powered on, the unit takes between 3-5 minutes to initialize and bring up the Web Server that the app interacts with. Any attempts to see the unit in the users wifi settings on their phone will be unsuccessful. Please check to ensure that the user is waiting long enough connect to the unit.
  2. If the user sees the unit as broadcasting its SN in their phone wifi settings and is able to connect to it via the wifi password labeled on the unit, the web server may still be initializing and the app may show an “unable to connect” screen. Ensure that the user is attempting to configure the unit only after they have given 3-5 minutes to boot up. (Once connected to the Station ID it will pulse white until connected to your wifi and then back to blue. If it doesn't take, start over.)
  3. If the user has connected the unit to their home access network in the past, the unit will not see the unit broadcasting its serial number in their wifi settings on their phone. The user will have to connect to the same access network that they configured the unit to in order to access the unit’s settings. This can be done by connecting to the same wifi access network that the unit was configured to and then going to “Station Settings” on the app. The unit should be visible in the list of chargers on the very next screen. We must know if the unit has been attempted to connect to the users access network.
  4. If the above steps are tried and the problem persists, the user can factory reset the unit by holding down the red button in the upper left of the PCBA for 10s then waiting 3-5 mins from the white reset light going off

OP
OP
Fingerbang

Fingerbang

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Some other SWAG to try while you wait for answers from Ford.

1) I just have to ask, when you get the wifi screen to enter password, make sure it is indeed connected to the FCSP network, it might preselect the wrong network while you are entering the password.

2) Another thing to try, Turn off cell data on phone before you connect to the FCSP.

3) After the FCSP is booted and wait appropriate 5 min. Try manually connecting to it in wifi settings before doing the setup app. The FCSP should appear in wifi settings even without the setup app.

4) Do you get exactly the same message if you intentionally enter a bad password as when you enter the correct password?

Good luck!

Misc Siemens notes -
  1. When the unit is powered on, the unit takes between 3-5 minutes to initialize and bring up the Web Server that the app interacts with. Any attempts to see the unit in the users wifi settings on their phone will be unsuccessful. Please check to ensure that the user is waiting long enough connect to the unit.
  2. If the user sees the unit as broadcasting its SN in their phone wifi settings and is able to connect to it via the wifi password labeled on the unit, the web server may still be initializing and the app may show an “unable to connect” screen. Ensure that the user is attempting to configure the unit only after they have given 3-5 minutes to boot up. (Once connected to the Station ID it will pulse white until connected to your wifi and then back to blue. If it doesn't take, start over.)
  3. If the user has connected the unit to their home access network in the past, the unit will not see the unit broadcasting its serial number in their wifi settings on their phone. The user will have to connect to the same access network that they configured the unit to in order to access the unit’s settings. This can be done by connecting to the same wifi access network that the unit was configured to and then going to “Station Settings” on the app. The unit should be visible in the list of chargers on the very next screen. We must know if the unit has been attempted to connect to the users access network.
  4. If the above steps are tried and the problem persists, the user can factory reset the unit by holding down the red button in the upper left of the PCBA for 10s then waiting 3-5 mins from the white reset light going off
1) verified
2) tried that no difference
3)ive waited, 5, 10, 30, 1 hour, 1 day and 1 week, all the same error.
4)yes

ive done quite a few master resets and power cycles, it honestly seems like they assigned the wrong password to my CSP.

The issue is the dead silence from Ford about this.

PiMatrix

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
1) verified
2) tried that no difference
3)ive waited, 5, 10, 30, 1 hour, 1 day and 1 week, all the same error.
4)yes

ive done quite a few master resets and power cycles, it honestly seems like they assigned the wrong password to my CSP.

The issue is the dead silence from Ford about this.
It sure is looking that way!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fingerbang

Fingerbang

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Ok i got an update,

Dealing with Siemens directly now and they suggested that i use the station ID as the password for the WiFi and it worked!!!

The only issue i am now having is that i cannot connect my station to my Fordpass app.

I can go into the station setup app and find it just fine now, but i cannot change teh station name or password, and when i try to connect it to the fordpass app, it never brings up the 'add charger' it just keeps bringing me back to starting over to connect the charge station to the setup app.

OniNoKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I had the exact same situation. The way I was able to add it to the ford pass app was to do the manual option. I'm sure you've tried that, but that's what worked for me. I just entered the appropriate name and password and I was off and running, even when I couldn't get the setup program to work.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fingerbang

Fingerbang

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I had the exact same situation. The way I was able to add it to the ford pass app was to do the manual option. I'm sure you've tried that, but that's what worked for me. I just entered the appropriate name and password and I was off and running, even when I couldn't get the setup program to work.
Yes i did try that, but the password did not work, its very odd

When using the password for the wifi it says access code or password incorrect, and when i try to original password on the package it then says chargestation not found....

very odd

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I struggled with similar issues the OP had, I did what you suggested with in the Ford Pass app and finished the configuration, up and running with stale firmware

OniNoKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I struggled with similar issues the OP had, I did what you suggested with in the Ford Pass app and finished the configuration, up and running with stale firmware
It's frustrating that a product from a company like Siemens is having these kinds of issues. There's no way this would fly at an enterprise level, which is the quality they're supposed to bring to the table.

a3po911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, VW ID.4, BMW i7 on Order
For what it is worth, I had to complete a factory reset of the FCSP a couple of times to get it to connect to Ford Pass using the Charge Station Pro Installation app. The Siemens and Ford folks helped. The big take-away was to 'reset' and wait 3-5 minutes after the white reset light turns blue. Once connected to the Station ID it will pulse white until connected to your wifi and then back to blue. If it doesn't take, start over.

Here is the response from Siemens:

----------------------
  2. If the user sees the unit as broadcasting its SN in their phone wifi settings and is able to connect to it via the wifi password labeled on the unit, the web server may still be initializing and the app may show an “unable to connect” screen. Ensure that the user is attempting to configure the unit only after they have given 3-5 minutes to boot up.
  3. If the user has connected the unit to their home access network in the past, the unit will not see the unit broadcasting it’s serial number in their wifi settings on their phone. The user will have to connect to the same access network that they configured the unit to in order to access the unit’s settings. This can be done by connecting to the same wifi access network that the unit was configured to and then going to “Station Settings” on the app. The unit should be visible in the list of chargers on the very next screen. We must know if the unit has been attempted to connect to the users access network.
--------------------
I also installed a mesh network extender close to the unit. It took me several weeks to get this issue resolved. To be honest, the juice was not worth the squeeze...I cussed and ranted and when it finally was connected, it was a bit underwhelming on what I had gained.

The password issue is perplexing. Your PW seems pretty straightforward. The only thing that I could imagine is a space either before or after.

Godspeed!
Could you share the contact for Simens? I can't reset my FCSP, the light was just blue even I hold reset button for 3 minutes., Ford CS looks knowing nothing, Thx

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
Could you share the contact for Simens? I can't reset my FCSP, the light was just blue even I hold reset button for 3 minutes., Ford CS looks knowing nothing, Thx
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (800)392-3673
Sponsored