• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FCSP won't charge [resolved = Replacement unit]

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Platinum
FCSP has been solid for 3 months, no issues with it or my Lightning. We had storms overnight in Georgia and the power went out for less than 30 sec. The truck was not charging when the power went out. Now the FCSP has an odd purplish color and will not charge. When trying to charge, my Lightning gives an error and the circle by the charging port blinks red. The odd thing is that the FCSP shows connected online and connected in the app without errors. I have a different charger on a separate 50a circuit and it charges the truck without issue. When I flip the circuit breaker to reboot FCSP, the purplish light comes back immediately. See picture below.

There is a ticket open with Ford Support and is being escalated to Ford engineering. Color is not in manual so it had to be escalated. I have not reset it to factory yet as support said not to do that until directed since it shows connected online. Any ideas while I wait on support?

Ford F-150 Lightning FCSP won't charge [resolved = Replacement unit] IMG_1671
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
The best guess based on the info provided is that your FCSP was damaged by a power surge.

OP
OP
GAFirstTimeFord
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Platinum
That's what I'm afraid of. To be clear, the circuit breakers did not get popped, nor did anything else get damaged. I also have a whole home surge protector installed on the main panel.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Wait for engineers to get back to you, worst case is that the controller has been damaged, you might get a replacement.

OP
OP
GAFirstTimeFord
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Platinum
Final update on this with a great outcome! Ford support replaced my FCSP after a couple of weeks of back and forth communication with support and troubleshooting. I've seen a lot of horror stories about Ford support but I had a great experience and a positive outcome.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.