• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Federal rebate with Mannequins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmmanley1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 MachE Premium SR
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Has anyone got an official ruling on whether a demo/mannequin Lightning will qualify for the Federal rebate? It’s unclear on the IRS website (shocking!). Initially the dealer said it was but after further questions, we are waiting for Ford Corp to get back to us for clarification.

Yes an Accountant would be the ultimate source of this info but the details of licensing need to be answered first from Ford.
Just curious if anyone has walked this road yet. Truck would have about 7,000 miles on it when purchased.
Thanks!
Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
If the truck has not been titled/registered yet (only had dealer plates) then it *should* qualify as new vehicle for tax standards and eligible. The dealer would either give you an MSO OR file the paperwork for original title for you. (Eligible for tax credit)

If the vehicle has had a title issued or registered with the state then it *should* be considered used by the tax folks. In that case they would "sign over" the title to you.(No tax credit)

That's just my take on it based on what I have seen experienced. (Years ago I bought a demo vehicle and was given a mfr statement of origin(MSO)..the state treated it like a new vehicle--issued a new title)

I'm not sure if Ford would even know the answer... it would vary depending upon if the dealer ever took ownership in their own name. Some dealers do this..some don't. (I think some state laws require it)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jmmanley1

Jmmanley1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 MachE Premium SR
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Thank you!

02Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
If the truck has not been titled/registered yet (only had dealer plates) then it *should* qualify as new vehicle for tax standards and eligible. The dealer would either give you an MSO OR file the paperwork for original title for you. (Eligible for tax credit)

If the vehicle has had a title issued or registered with the state then it *should* be considered used by the tax folks. In that case they would "sign over" the title to you.(No tax credit)

That's just my take on it based on what I have seen experienced. (Years ago I bought a demo vehicle and was given a mfr statement of origin(MSO)..the state treated it like a new vehicle--issued a new title)

I'm not sure if Ford would even know the answer... it would vary depending upon if the dealer ever took ownership in their own name. Some dealers do this..some don't. (I think some state laws require it)
Also a couple more things that could come into play is that if the mannequin is going to be sold this year. If its being sold after the first of next year then you have a few other factors that will be coming into play.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Also consider the mileage and if it is under your states definition of new.

Sponsored

Jmschewy

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150
So i believe the tax credit stops after vehicle surpasses 80k MSRP.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Status
Not open for further replies.