• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Charge Station Pro - Max Charge Current - Will Not Save Settings - "Charge Station Connector Not Found"

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT & '22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I just had my Ford Charge Station Pro (FCSP) professionally installed on an existing 60Amp circuit. The unit powered up, but took several attempts to connect to WiFi. Since I have not (yet?) upgraded the circuit and line to support 100Amps, I figured I would need to manually set the Max Charge Current in the app before plugging it into my vehicle. Note the installer manually changed the setting for 60Amps / 48Amps output.

When navigating to this setting in the app, I see the following behavior:

1. Main page shows Max Charge Current as "A"
    Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro - Max Charge Current - Will Not Save Settings - "Charge Station Connector Not Found" Image 1
  2. When I hit edit, it's shows 6A on the slider.
    Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro - Max Charge Current - Will Not Save Settings - "Charge Station Connector Not Found" Image 2
  3. If I drag the slider to 48A and hit save, I get an error indicating "Charge Station Connector Not Found"
    Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro - Max Charge Current - Will Not Save Settings - "Charge Station Connector Not Found" Image 3

I've made several attempts to make this change, unplugged/replugged vehicle, and flipped circuit breaker on charger, but it remains. Any other suggestions? I'll be contacting Ford, but I need to carve out the time to do that due to how long things like this take with them.
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Your charger isn't communicating. Until you get a blur bar on the screen you will not be able to change your charge rate.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro - Max Charge Current - Will Not Save Settings - "Charge Station Connector Not Found" Screenshot_20230120_131855_FordPass

Turn your breaker off for 5 minutes. Then turn it back on. Give it another 10 minutes and see if you have the blue bar. If you don't, you have to figure out why your internet isn't connecting. The FCSP requires a strong signal to work.

OP
OP

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Interesting. I have a finely tuned UniFi network and it shows it has an almost ideal connection on the 5 Ghz band with great signal strength. Connection shouldn't be an issue. I just manually reset the connection from the network, but will flip the breaker if that doesn't work in the next few minutes.

I also see there's an update pending for the software, so maybe something has to be done to trigger that install?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
You need to set the max charge current to 48A on the dial inside the unit in order to be code-compliant. If your electrician had followed the installation instructions, this would have been done by him.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, BMW 528, Porsche 928
Occupation
Sales Leader
Does it work at 48A?

If you have a 60A circuit, supposedly the highest current you can run is at 80% of that circuit...or 48A.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Depends on how you define "work" - if I attempt to charge right now, I can see my network using ~11.5kW, so it looks like it's maxing out near the 48Amp. It's the max of the circuit, so I know the charger "works" but it's the configuration that's giving me trouble.

My issues here are:
  • The app is not letting me set the max in-app. as I shared above, the dial was already set to the correct maximum during installation.
  • There are pending updates to the firmware, so I'm wondering if this is related and how I can force it to complete the installation.

I have yet to flip power to it for a few minutes but will do so in a bit to see if that triggers the blue light in app. My physical unit has the blue light on.

OP
OP

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Your charger isn't communicating. Until you get a blur bar on the screen you will not be able to change your charge rate.

Screenshot_20230120_131855_FordPass.jpg

Turn your breaker off for 5 minutes. Then turn it back on. Give it another 10 minutes and see if you have the blue bar. If you don't, you have to figure out why your internet isn't connecting. The FCSP requires a strong signal to work.

It looks like this worked! I cut the power for a few minutes and after it came back online, the Max Charge Current option showed 80A. It then let me edit it to 48A and saved as expected. The light on charger in app then turned blue.

It's still on software 2.112.64 with an exclamation mark indicating that an update is pending, but we'll see if that installs over night tonight.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
It looks like this worked! I cut the power for a few minutes and after it came back online, the Max Charge Current option showed 80A. It then let me edit it to 48A and saved as expected. The light on charger in app then turned blue.

It's still on software 2.112.64 with an exclamation mark indicating that an update is pending, but we'll see if that installs over night tonight.
If you can, keep it unplugged from your truck overnight. That seems to help with getting the update installed.

OrangeCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat Antimatter Blue
I had my FCSP installed a few days ago and I had this exact issue. Ford chat had no clue and wanted to me all some battery department in the morning. Flipped the breaker (reboot fixes anything right). Nothing changed immediately. But noticed that it was fine next morning. But it may have upgraded firmware during this time. I believe it was on 2.xx.64 before and now it is on 2.112.70

OP
OP

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What’s weird is that the charger page on FordPass still shows 2.112.64 and update pending, but the ChargeStationPro app shows 2.112.70.

We’ve really got to get better access to this equipment’s backend. The child locks they have on the data and controls are just ridiculous compared to the competition.

Sponsored

OrangeCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat Antimatter Blue
What’s weird is that the charger page on FordPass still shows 2.112.64 and update pending, but the ChargeStationPro app shows 2.112.70.

We’ve really got to get better access to this equipment’s backend. The child locks they have on the data and controls are just ridiculous compared to the competition.
Yes, I had the same thing going for a day or two. Now it is fine. Not sure what changed. I did go in to the setup app (that uses the password on the panel) couple of times though.

I guess this is what we get when car companies try to do user facing software :-(.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Glad you got it resolved, another thread as proof the power cycling the FCSP is the most common solution for malfunctions when it fails to interact with the Ford Pass Connected Charge Stations sub-app.

Another thing you may encounter is the blue bar disappearing, or data reports from the most recent charging session missing, power cycling the unit often solves those issues.

On rare occasion we have seen the Ford's servers out of service, not taking data reports from the FCSP in the field, on those occasions we have to wait for them to resolve the server issues. I'll always be one of the first reporting those failures like a rabid dog when I see them.

OP
OP

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Glad you got it resolved, another thread as proof the power cycling the FCSP is the most common solution for malfunctions when it fails to interact with the Ford Pass Connected Charge Stations sub-app.

Another thing you may encounter is the blue bar disappearing, or data reports from the most recent charging session missing, power cycling the unit often solves those issues.

On rare occasion we have seen the Ford's servers out of service, not taking data reports from the FCSP in the field, on those occasions we have to wait for them to resolve the server issues. I'll always be one of the first reporting those failures like a rabid dog when I see them.
Who are you reporting these failures to and how?

It seems like Siemens branded VersiCharge devices support local data sharing via Modbus and/or other methods (OCPP?), but they require a settings change on the device that Ford and Siemens are not making available to owners. It’d be great if Ford and Siemens would open this up for folks to get this information locally instead of through Ford only.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Who are you reporting these failures to and how?
The Ford Pass app rating and review system, also the developers link found under contact developers section.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
We shouldn't have to do this. I haven't had to cycle the power on my Emporia charger since I installed it in September.
Sponsored