• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charging insights Not Recording Ford Charge Station Pro

Alexsouthcleveland

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 lightning Lariat ER
Hey everyone is anyone else having issues with the FCSP not recording Charging data (insights)? I’ve had my charger installed for a month and it only has recorded 2 charging sessions. Super annoying. I have not been able to figure out why those recorded but not every other session. I had even had difficulty connecting to the chargers Wi-Fi at first but with tech support finally emailing me the correct access code got it connected to Wi-Fi and FordPass app.

Yes this isn’t a “BIG” deal. The truck still charges fine. But I think it’s important because then we can show the na sayers or those curious just how cheap this thing is to drive vs ice.

My ChargePoint home flex records all charging data great. Come on ford we want the data and want it to work!

Btw here’s my software version on FCSP
2.112.70:2.129:1.12:0.33:0.42
Sponsored

LightningMcqueen

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150, 2021 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Power cycle the system. I have noticed that sometimes if there is a fault in charging due to overheating or something that it will stop recording.

a power cycle fixes it

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Using the 100 amp breaker shut down the FCSP for 5 minutes, the restart, hopefully that action restores connectivity and the reports resume flowing

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Mine doesn't report data reliability either, so I went with a 3rd party solution.

I was really spoiled with the data my Emporia charger gave me before my FCSP showed up. This is just another example of Ford either not getting the software right, or not caring to.

OP
OP

Alexsouthcleveland

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the input guys I figured I wasn’t alone. 😔 I have tried multiple power resets and also tried Twice taking the cover off and master reset and setup again to see if it would fix it. Still same thing sometimes it records sometimes it doesn’t. Hopefully a software update will fix this in the future.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the input guys I figured I wasn’t alone. 😔 I have tried multiple power resets and also tried Twice taking the cover off and master reset and setup again to see if it would fix it. Still same thing sometimes it records sometimes it doesn’t. Hopefully a software update will fix this in the future.
If you did a master reset, you may need to go through the whole configuration process as well to bind it to your home wifi network.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Mine doesn't report data reliability either, so I went with a 3rd party solution.

I was really spoiled with the data my Emporia charger gave me before my FCSP showed up. This is just another example of Ford either not getting the software right, or not caring to.
I have 3 things reporting charging data on my MME:
  1. Ford Pass.
  2. Smart Charge Rewards (via ODBII dongle) that gives me $5 for using it.
  3. ChargePoint app and website.
Of those only ChargePoint is reliable. Around September of 2021, Ford took F150L on the road and really touted its telematics capability with Lightning. So far, I'm not impressed.

OP
OP

Alexsouthcleveland

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you did a master reset, you may need to go through the whole configuration process as well to bind it to your home wifi network.
Yes I have redone the setup process through the FCSP setup app and linking it to ford pass. One thing I did find out was if you delete the FCSP app after setting everting up it will mess up the FordPass app. So don’t delete that app after you set up! I reset everything and started again. Still same problems with charging insights.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Yes I have redone the setup process through the FCSP setup app and linking it to ford pass. One thing I did find out was if you delete the FCSP app after setting everting up it will mess up the FordPass app. So don’t delete that app after you set up! I reset everything and started again. Still same problems with charging insights.
Ford F-150 Lightning Charging insights Not Recording Ford Charge Station Pro Screenshot_20221125_080825_FordPass

Look to see if you have a red bar and red caution symbol for your station, when I had problems with reporting, I also had this condition, is your similar or shown with a blue bar and no caution symbol?

Not getting charging data--------working after re-cycle of FCSP
Ford F-150 Lightning Charging insights Not Recording Ford Charge Station Pro 1669378648955
Ford F-150 Lightning Charging insights Not Recording Ford Charge Station Pro 1669378839268

If you connection is correct, then I'm at a loss as to what is happening, make sure all approvals for data sharing are enabled in the truck & Ford pass.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Alexsouthcleveland

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Look to see if you have a red bar and red caution symbol for your station, when I had problems with reporting, I also had this condition, is your similar or shown with a blue bar and no caution symbol?

Not getting charging data--------working after re-cycle of FCSP
1669378648955.png
1669378839268.png

If you connection is correct, then I'm at a loss as to what is happening, make sure all approvals for data sharing are enabled in the truck & Ford pass.
Thanks Taxman! Yea I noticed it did have the red caution symbol one time and so I power cycled it. But it has been blue for the past several weeks. I’ll double check that sharing is enabled on the truck just to make sure. I’ve noticed sometimes my Led on the FCSP is solid white for a minute or so upon unplugging in the morning. That supposedly means it’s resetting itself?? Anyone else have that? It’s only done that about two times.

Ford F-150 Lightning Charging insights Not Recording Ford Charge Station Pro E05B2D1D-AB42-4EB3-9B59-B486515290EA

Ford F-150 Lightning Charging insights Not Recording Ford Charge Station Pro 3F096486-CE2B-444E-97D2-ED0B5E5FBF6E

Ford F-150 Lightning Charging insights Not Recording Ford Charge Station Pro BABF7DEC-80AF-4D00-837A-BEEA372D3E5D

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
That supposedly means it’s resetting itself?? Anyone else have that? It’s only done that about two times.
Several of us including myself have seen it go white for a few minutes, but eventually it goes back to blue while idling waiting for next connection to the truck.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Thanks Taxman! Yea I noticed it did have the red caution symbol one time and so I power cycled it. But it has been blue for the past several weeks. I’ll double check that sharing is enabled on the truck just to make sure. I’ve noticed sometimes my Led on the FCSP is solid white for a minute or so upon unplugging in the morning. That supposedly means it’s resetting itself?? Anyone else have that? It’s only done that about two times.

E05B2D1D-AB42-4EB3-9B59-B486515290EA.jpeg

3F096486-CE2B-444E-97D2-ED0B5E5FBF6E.png

BABF7DEC-80AF-4D00-837A-BEEA372D3E5D.jpeg

Several of us including myself have seen it go white for a few minutes, but eventually it goes back to blue while idling waiting for next connection to the truck.
I’m one of those….I have found it sometimes has take a day or two for the FCSP to upload the charge session data to “Insights”…it usually takes at least a couple of hours…sometimes it never does🤔

Last edited:

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Reviving this topic.

I'm having a similar issue. The Ford Pass app shows the FCSP with the red triangle with exclamation point. Do we know what this means? Also, I'm not getting any data and I'm assuming that this is the reason. Do I need to do a factory reset on the FCSP?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Reviving this topic.

I'm having a similar issue. The Ford Pass app shows the FCSP with the red triangle with exclamation point. Do we know what this means? Also, I'm not getting any data and I'm assuming that this is the reason. Do I need to do a factory reset on the FCSP?
Other things that can cause a problem, third party apps connecting to your Ford Pass account, Ford does not like these connections and will promptly lock your account, if this happened, you would see impact on Ford Pass, your accounts page on Ford.com and the EVSE data would stop posting to your FP account.

Assuming you're not locked out, try the following:

Generally, powering it down at the circuit breaker, off for 5 minutes, then power on
Don't connect the truck for ~ 15-30 minutes.
Hopefully that resolves the issue.
Sponsored