• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Charger Pro Station not charging my wife's tesla

Amadj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None Yet
Any updates on this yet? Thanks!
Hey, so the adapter did not work but my charger is default on 80a - my charge station pro no longer connecting to internet so I can't see about dialing down to 32a and trying it. Right now when I try it I get error message. If I can ever figure out my charge station pro I will try again.

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Hey, so the adapter did not work but my charger is default on 80a - my charge station pro no longer connecting to internet so I can't see about dialing down to 32a and trying it. Right now when I try it I get error message. If I can ever figure out my charge station pro I will try again.
You have to turn the dial inside the charger to lower the amperage.

Amadj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None Yet
You have to turn the dial inside the charger to lower the amperage.
You mean manually right? I might try that. Just a pain to open those 9 screws, my screwdriver doesn't have a magnet - lol. I tried resetting the whole unit (holding the red button) but it doesn't factory reset so I can setup new.

Sponsored

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Rodeo clown
Crap, lol well, just ordered a Model Y Performance so we'll see how this goes :/ Thanks for the info though!

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Any updates on this yet? Thanks!

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/fcsp-to-tesla-adaptor-pics-from-reddit.15712/

According to Reddit OP:

1) Remove the bottom plastic bit from a J1772 adapter (I used a saw to saw it off) 2) Change the amps in the charger station setting to 40a down from 80 (I think Tesla can take max 48 via ac)

When it was set to more than 40A, the ford charger would “click” 5 or 6 times like it’s starting to charge and then the Tesla would say charging stopped without any error messages. The longest it would charge is for a few seconds before the charger clicking and the charging stopping.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charger Pro Station not charging my wife's tesla 7034c82511c6a1b0b9861ba3e1e73710-jpe

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charger Pro Station not charging my wife's tesla be3c3dc2e5cc979d968be86d9ac363b5-jpe

Last edited:

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
It did not work for me neither, I tried everything and all I got was clicking from the FCSP. On the Tesla side it would charge and stop, charge and stop. I am probably going to sell the FCSP and buy a Tesla Wall Charger or just add a Tesla Wall Charger. I’m disappointed because this is most likely an FCSP issue.

OP
OP
tidemacedo

tidemacedo

First Name
Aristides
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
It did not work for me neither, I tried everything and all I got was clicking from the FCSP. On the Tesla side it would charge and stop, charge and stop. I am probably going to sell the FCSP and buy a Tesla Wall Charger or just add a Tesla Wall Charger. I’m disappointed because this is most likely an FCSP issue.
Going to do the same thing here.

Simsonic

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
I would love any updates or help with this.
- I have a CSP that works great with my Lightning.
- Buying a Tesla Model Y for my partner.

1. How do we charge both vehicles without Mickey mousing anything? I’d prefer to get an adapter, does one exist?

2. If not, what’s the cheapest most reliable solution to replace my CSP with so it charges both vehicles?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I would love any updates or help with this.
- I have a CSP that works great with my Lightning.
- Buying a Tesla Model Y for my partner.

1. How do we charge both vehicles without Mickey mousing anything? I’d prefer to get an adapter, does one exist?

2. If not, what’s the cheapest most reliable solution to replace my CSP with so it charges both vehicles?
If I had both, I'd buy the Tesla Universal Wall Connector.
Sponsored