• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Charge Station Pro not connecting to Pro Charger app for initial set up

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Ok. I can't seem to get pass the "Please verify you are connected to wallbox network" message. I believe that I am connected because when I first tried to set this up a few days ago, the charger showed up in my available wifi networks and I entered the password and it seemed to have went through and it hasn't showed up in my available networks since. I have a strong wifi connection but it doesn't want me to get pass this message and cannot go any further in the setup. Before i tried setting it up today,I powered the charger down for a few minutes and powered it back on. Maybe i should wait to see if it updates tonight? Oh, and I also have the 2 wifi connections... regular and 5G.
Are your 2.4GHz and 5GHz named the same? I can't confirm it will work, but I was able to get it all set up with both active but different names (I added "-5G" to the name I used for the 2.4 so I'd know what I'm connecting to). There is a reset button inside the FCSP that will get it to broadcast its network again. The manual points it out I think (I seem to recall it was top left). I had 2 or 3 failed attempts before it finally finished the setup. I can't remember if I power cycled/let it update before I got it paired.
Sponsored

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Are your 2.4GHz and 5GHz named the same? I can't confirm it will work, but I was able to get it all set up with both active but different names (I added "-5G" to the name I used for the 2.4 so I'd know what I'm connecting to). There is a reset button inside the FCSP that will get it to broadcast its network again. The manual points it out I think (I seem to recall it was top left). I had 2 or 3 failed attempts before it finally finished the setup. I can't remember if I power cycled/let it update before I got it paired.

Yes, they both have different names. I was thinking about how I could reset the unit. I will look into this. Thank you for the info.

deltacap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Lariat ER
It's a shame Ford did not spend another dollar or two to add a RJ-45 ethernet port to the FCSP to allow those able to hardwire the connection to do so, and cut out all this nonsense that appears to be due to wifi issues.

strmwzrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
The “smart” features of the FCSP are not worth the effort. I have used it as a dumb charger for a few months now and really haven’t missed its only software features.
Tracking power consumption the first few months was interesting but not really useful. plus my electricity provider shows hourly consumption when you log into your account.
To change charging amps (which I seldom did) I will now pop the cover off, use a portable drill with T20 bit to remove 9 bolts and turn the dial. 5 minute operation.
Don‘t sweat the finicky wifi connection of the FCSP
I wish I'd seen your comments before spending numerous hours resetting the unit back to factory default. Rebooting my internet. Powering off my FCPS numerous times between resets. Over and over and over. Oddly on my "this is for sure my last attempt" the thing connected. I'm underwhelmed. Only cool thing is the power consumption but... The first time I tried to throttle down the amps (out of curiosity) it didn't take. I'm glad to not be using my mobile charge anymore at home but the "smart" features aren't adding anything to my new faster charging happiness.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I wish I'd seen your comments before spending numerous hours resetting the unit back to factory default. Rebooting my internet. Powering off my FCPS numerous times between resets. Over and over and over. Oddly on my "this is for sure my last attempt" the thing connected. I'm underwhelmed.

Only cool thing is the power consumption but... The first time I tried to throttle down the amps (out of curiosity) it didn't take. I'm glad to not be using my mobile charge anymore at home but the "smart" features aren't adding anything to my new faster charging happiness.
We hope to see improvements with the next version of Fordpass..
Sponsored