• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford F-150 Lightning reliability - so far (article)

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Article reads like it was created by chatgpt.

For anyone too busy to read . They mention Hoovies Garage by the third paragraph and here is a gem “ Some owners have seen the range cut in half or worse for the truck. ”. ( citation needed ) .

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Let me start with this… I am scarred by poor reliability experiences with several “Detroit 3” vehicles and this is my first domestic in 20 years because of said experiences.

Reliability is my biggest concern and 2 service trips in less than 3 months of ownership (with one of them with no estimate for remedy) has only increased my concern.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Well my 2011 F150 Ecoboost was the best vehicle I’ve owned to date from a reliability standpoint (and I’ve owned a lot). Made it to 180k miles before needing a major service (broken exhaust manifold bolt). I’m still hopeful that when I get my truck back the reliability will be better.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
At 20k miles with no issues other minor app software stuff that doesn’t affect drive ability. Will probably be at 40k by the end of the year

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
At 20k miles with no issues other minor app software stuff that doesn’t affect drive ability. Will probably be at 40k by the end of the year
Which tires do you have and how are they holding up? How often do you rotate them?

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Article reads like it was created by chatgpt.

For anyone too busy to read . They mention Hoovies Garage by the third paragraph and here is a gem “ Some owners have seen the range cut in half or worse for the truck. ”. ( citation needed ) .
I think i found it!

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford F-150 Lightning reliability - so far (article) FB_IMG_1605807174238

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Stock, their have been performing well. Rotate them every 10k
Thank you. I have the All Seasons. Do you think we can get 40K miles out of them if I drive like a normal person rather than an individual who "tracks" their vehicles? In other words, no jackrabbit starts or burn-outs!

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Thank you. I have the All Seasons. Do you think we can get 40K miles out of them if I drive like a normal person rather than an individual who "tracks" their vehicles? In other words, no jackrabbit starts or burn-outs!
I think we can, one thing about the Lightning is that the throttle isn’t sensitive and you can moderate your takeoffs at your liking.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
I can say that I am totally happy with my SR Pro so far. So far so good, no issues. I did not have unrealistic expectations about the range and knew that cold weather and towing would reduce the range. SR is plenty for me for what I use the truck for.

I know some members had issues with their truck and hope they get the issues sorted.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I can say that I am totally happy with my SR Pro so far. So far so good, no issues. I did not have unrealistic expectations about the range and knew that cold weather and towing would reduce the range. SR is plenty for me for what I use the truck for.

I know some members had issues with their truck and hope they get the issues sorted.

This is not knocking anyone with a standard range batt but I cringed when I read SR, towing, cold weather and range all in the same sentence. I'm dreading going out of town pulling my (soon to be owning) 6,000 lb camper with my ER battery because I'm ready to make frequent charge stops. I don't want to imagine doing it with an SR battery. o_O

Last edited:

Beaux

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum, 2021 F150 Limited
16k miles and no problems here. Loving it. Except maybe the occasional squeak from the driver's door panel....
Sponsored