• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford F150 Lightning 2022 Sold out

bsteele31

First Name
Bertrand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford 150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Maintenance Supervisor
I received an email from ford saying that all 2022 models are sold out, my reservation was placed 6 hours after the release, may 20th at midnight, they asked if i would like to keep or cancel my reservation or wait for the 2023 models. Ford is pushing people to 23 model so they could jack up the price.

Here’s where we are with F‑150 Lightning orders.

Thank you for reserving the F‑150® Lightning™ truck and joining us on this game‑changing journey.

We promised to keep you updated along the way, so we want you to know: all invitations to order a 2022 model year have been sent. We expect invitations to order future model years to begin this summer.

We realize that’s a long wait, so when we say, “Thank you for your patience,” we mean it. We are working on increasing production and will let you know when the ordering process begins.

Rest assured, your reservation still stands, and you can view the details below. If you decide to cancel your reservation, we understand. But we hope you’ll stick with us on this epic ride.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
August is only 5 months away, hopefully order banks will be more generous for MY23

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
my reservation was placed 6 hours after the release, may 20th at midnight,
Mines from the 19th and I'm around 20,000. With Ford only shipping 15,000 in 2022, most with reservations are '23 and '24.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
With Ford only shipping 15,000 in 2022
I don't think this number was ever confirmed. I wouldn't be surprised if the number of MY22 builds ends up being lower than that.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I don't think this number was ever confirmed. I wouldn't be surprised if the number of MY22 builds ends up being lower than that.
I was actually thinking higher. I ordered 5/19..don't remember the time but I was hitting refresh during the presentation and I'm in the 17,000's and am part of Wave 1 of the order bank.

I would think they didn't skip everyone else nor have 4 more waves skip those folks as well...

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I was actually thinking higher. I ordered 5/19..don't remember the time but I was hitting refresh during the presentation and I'm in the 17,000's and am part of Wave 1 of the order bank.

I would think they didn't skip everyone else nor have 4 more waves skip those folks as well...
Reservation number is irrelevant.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Though i like to be optimistic, my assessment is that they are probably building on target or less than expected. Reasons:

1. Obvious part shortage (they shut down some ICE production and we share many similar parts)
2. Waves cut off early (no wave 6 or round-off wave)
-maybe cut off earlier fearing war may cause larger part shortage?
-could also work other way where Fords formula was off.. they may have anticipated more people to cancel/extend reservations.
3. Huge inflation flux causing them to take a hit, so they delaying to '23 for price hike.
-Expect sticker price to be higher at delivery and educate your self about price protection.
4. They haven't announced anything about higher production for '22MY specifically.
-If they were able to increase production for 22MY, i'm sure they would have bragged about it to the media.

I know many are eager to get theirs, but them not rushing to jump to crazy mass production with having such high demand means they are being cautious and meticulous with their process. This will help ensure a quality product for us.

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Rec'd the same e-mail. Not surprised that I was not in 2022, being 2.5 months late to reserve. I still think the Pro is a decent value if price remains close to $40k and even though tax credits will be reduced if not gone in 2023-2024. But what are the chances of getting a Pro in 2023 -2024?...5% probably. Not going to cancel, but long ago lowered my expectations.

Tell It Right

First Name
Tell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Reservation number is irrelevant.
I believe that's not entirely true. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe either reservation number or date/time you reserved is important, but that takes 2nd precedence to what dealer you chose. My reservation # may not make me Xth in line across the nation, but it might make a difference of what place in line I'm in at my dealer in whatever # of F-150 L's gets each year.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I believe that's not entirely true. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe either reservation number or date/time you reserved is important, but that takes 2nd precedence to what dealer you chose. My reservation # may not make me Xth in line across the nation, but it might make a difference of what place in line I'm in at my dealer in whatever # of F-150 L's gets each year.
Your reservation number does not correlate exactly with your place in line within your dealer. Ford has multiple reservation servers that have their own set of numbers that are assigned as reservations come in. Thus, a number for a 8:44PM reservation may end up being thousands higher than one placed a minute later.

Within a single dealership, order invites should follow dealer prioritization assignment (if applicable), then time stamp for your reservation.

Last edited:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Except for the dealer's priority list, which you may or may not be on. The dealer's allocation is what drives priority, and then within that allocation whether you're prioritized on his list.
Sponsored