• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Math

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Which seems to show that the predicted miles added via charging doesn't tie to the GOM, which seems pretty crazy.

OP
OP

skyak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, 911, Lightning
Which seems to show that the predicted miles added via charging doesn't tie to the GOM, which seems pretty crazy.
I guess in terms of calculations to get right "miles added" would not be at the top of the list. But come on co-op students, you can do better!

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
With the DTE update, whenever you L2 charge above 80%, it resets the GOM to a number based of the EPA rating
How was this relationship discovered?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
If they want to project the optimistic EPA based value regardless of environmental influences (not a Texas driver) then simply use a static value of 2.442748 MPK times the computed kWh's stored, of course even this value has variabilities.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I got by fine with no DTE in my ICE vehicles and I don’t need the range display in my EVs. I basically ignore both. All I need is the fuel gauge / % charge.
Range prediction has so many variables that it’s biggest product is either confusion, consternation, or questions.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
This is probably worthy of it's own thread but here goes...

EPA range is dumb. It's based on... something...who cares, it's dumb. Nobody wants to know how much range they get while driving their kids to school and going to Costco. I want to know how far I can go on a highway at highway speeds, but like at real highway speeds not speed limit speeds. And tell me what that range is at the median winter temperature in Ann Arbor, MI (home of the EPA testing routes). If I know that I know pretty close to worse case scenario and I can plan accordingly.

cwstnsko

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
How was this relationship discovered?
My truck was delivered with the DTE update already loaded, so it has always behaved this way. I have tested it on my truck and if I set it to charge at home to 80% or higher, it jumps up to a battery temperature adjusted EPA rating, If I charge it to 70%, it retains the driving history based estimate. I’ve watched it as it is charging and just as it passes through 80%, the estimated range jumps up.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
This is probably worthy of it's own thread but here goes...

EPA range is dumb. It's based on... something...who cares, it's dumb. Nobody wants to know how much range they get while driving their kids to school and going to Costco. I want to know how far I can go on a highway at highway speeds, but like at real highway speeds not speed limit speeds. And tell me what that range is at the median winter temperature in Ann Arbor, MI (home of the EPA testing routes). If I know that I know pretty close to worse case scenario and I can plan accordingly.
EPA mileage was developed to allow comparison between vehicles.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
So your truck shows 360 miles of range with 100% charge (or 324 with 90%) etc..?
Dropped off the truck at the dealer to have the seat repaired and they plugged it in to top me off while waiting on parts.
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Math Screenshot_20230328_161345_FordPass

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Dropped off the truck at the dealer to have the seat repaired and they plugged it in to top me off while waiting on parts.
Screenshot_20230328_161345_FordPass.jpg
Wow 2.7557 MPK

Gnarwhl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro
I really dont understand how their math works. I have driven about 2500 miles with an average ~2.6 mi/kwh. Yet, my range always seems to assume ~2 mi/kwh. For example, if at ~50% range, it will say 100 miles range.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired