• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Just wanted to mention that an insider has posted here, that the power-up updates favor cellular over wifi to download so go do some donuts around AT&T towers.
This is what I figured.. Make poll for trucks with no Ford stream and with Ford stream.
Sponsored

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
This is what I figured.. Make poll for trucks with no Ford stream and with Ford stream.
Of note : I didn’t have Ford streaming until 4.1.2. When I wanted to test the YouTube feature (and then 4.1.3. Removed the need for streaming subscription )

I do have the hotspot service though , because I’ve been watching YouTube via an MMB device since last June .

That being said , AFAIK Ford pushes updates via cellular to everyone , even if you don’t sign up for a pay service . The modem just has to be activated after you purchase the truck.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
My Ford streaming expired 30 days after I picked it up on August 15, 2022. Have been getting pretty good updates early in each cycle. I'm in Dallas - the heart of ATT territory. At least one cell tower just 3 blocks from the house. I struggle to see as long as you have a signal that being any closer to a tower would really make a difference.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
is there any way to check the cell signal of the truck, I thought the signal bar on the top of the screen was displaying my phones signal

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I got 4.1.2 downloaded and installed while I was driving today, a road trip of 162 miles, at 151 miles I stopped to charge up, as soon as I turned off the truck the 15.5 screen rebooted, 2 or 3 times, I waited for it to settle down then proceeded with my charge session.

Love the twist-&-dial for cabin HVAC and seat heaters.

KndrTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Just received the update. Overall, great improvement, except one thing I’m not sure about. Did they remove the ability to make the main window smaller? Looks like CarPlay and any open app is in the expanded view. I actually prefer the normal size so I can get more info from the tiles of the other app’s underneath. But I don’t see the button.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
1674013895334.png

Still haven't received the 3.5.2update.
Truck show I received the update.
Will probably have to take it into a dealeship to force the updates.
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 4.1.2 UI Update 1674611898995

I finally got the 3.5.2 update! Hopefully this releases a flood of updates everyone else is getting.

For those interested, I disconnected the 12 V on Sunday.

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
I have no clue what software level I have. I got too impatient and updated everything with FDRS. I no longer have a last OTA Power Up level showing in Ford Pass or in the UI. Whatever level it is, I now have the fully expandable carplay screen but haven’t found any other changes to my 22 Pro SR.

Chemeng1661

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER - Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
4.1.2 installed automatically for me yesterday. I didn’t receive any notification. Just got in the truck after a short stop at the library last night and the UI was updated.

Sponsored

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
My run of good fortune continues. After getting 4.1.2 on Saturday, 4.1.3 just installed today.

When I initially got my truck the 3.5.2 update was showing as ready to install but never did and after many weeks of back and forth with Ford I ended up going to my dealer who updated everything for me.

Since then, after using the battery disconnect trick to get the DTE update to install after multiple failed scheduled update failures, I've now had three updates in six days. It does indeed look like Ford is getting this all figured out so kudos to the Ford software and OTA teams. Hoping others have the same good fortune as me.
I must have missed this, but what's the battery disconnect trick?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I must have missed this, but what's the battery disconnect trick?
Loosen the fastener for the negative terminal clamp, remove for 30 seconds to a minute then reconnect. Afterward you will need to manually close the frunk to reset the automatic open/close operation. This process tends to reset cold-boot the hardware in the truck

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
is there any way to check the cell signal of the truck, I thought the signal bar on the top of the screen was displaying my phones signal
The vertical bars when connected via bluetooth is your phone signal.
You can maybe find something here in the bezel diagnostic menu:

Last edited:

hikinbengal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Outback, Jeep TJ, Audi A3
Occupation
Engineering Progam Manager
Is it possible to minimize the main display still to get more details on the recent app section?

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
Hey guys, Power-Up 3.6.2 also made some enhancements to help while you’re out on a road trip. If you’re heading toward a DC fast charging station (using your vehicle’s navigation), your battery will now start to warm up within 20 miles of your destination. This allows the battery to accept a charge at a faster rate in cold weather when you have excess heater capacity, getting you back on the road. Remember, you must enter your fast charging station into the Navigation System in order for preheating to work.

Ford Power-Up software updates like this help us make improvements without the inconvenience of asking you to leave home. At Ford we value your satisfaction, and we respect your time.
If I went straight from 3.5.4 to 4.1.1, does that mean I missed this update?
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN